• Jun 8th, 2013 12:20 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 14, 2010
72 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto

Buying a new car

Hi all, looking for some advice as I haven't been buying a new car for a long time (10 years already). Looking at the new Accord EX-L 4 Dr, Auto, dealership offer $3,2500, wondering if this is a good offer or not.
I am doing a cash deal, no leasing, no finance, no trade in. :?: :?: :?:
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1286 posts
355 upvotes
Pull a CCC report or join APA.

At least you didn't already buy it then ask RFD if you got a good deal.
Aug 14, 2010
72 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I am trying to save the CCC membership. I know the MSRP is around $2,9000, and the cost is around $2,7100. Freight and PDI is around $2,649. The dealership keeps telling me cash buy doesn't mean will get extra discount which don't quite make sense to me.
Feb 23, 2005
967 posts
81 upvotes
riverkid090 wrote: I am trying to save the CCC membership. I know the MSRP is around $2,9000, and the cost is around $2,7100. Freight and PDI is around $2,649. The dealership keeps telling me cash buy doesn't mean will get extra discount which don't quite make sense to me.
Sorry but you're buying a car that's $30,000 and you are not willing to spend $20 on a CCC report? I don't think you deserve a good deal.
Feb 28, 2009
921 posts
541 upvotes
Ottawa
If you go to www.unhaggle.com you can download the report for free which includes all incentives - cash, finance and lease rates.

Alternatively, there are a few companies that offer free services. One of them posts here in this forum - Florin from ECD.
Aug 14, 2010
72 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
The number i have provided is already the wholesale cost $27114, and manufacture MSRP $29155, Freight $1640. Asking for $30,000, meaning dealer need to give me extra $795 discount. I just want to know if i am reasonable or not.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
jkwan18 wrote: Sorry but you're buying a car that's $30,000 and you are not willing to spend $20 on a CCC report? I don't think you deserve a good deal.
CCC is old skool, there are various free services in Canada now, including but not limited to, Unhaggle. Might not be long until paid-for services like CCC fold.
Nov 14, 2008
568 posts
38 upvotes
riverkid090 wrote: The number i have provided is already the wholesale cost $27114, and manufacture MSRP $29155, Freight $1640. Asking for $30,000, meaning dealer need to give me extra $795 discount. I just want to know if i am reasonable or not.
Unhaggle and CCC suggests
Offer invoice +3%
$29500.
Guess $30k is reasonable if they include block heater and other mandatory fees, ac tax and tire levy, omvic fee $100+$20+$7

Do not pay for the security/etching or admin fee.
Aug 14, 2010
72 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Blackhatch!
I thought i was too aggressive as the dealer keeps saying my number is impossible. what is Block heater? Security Deposit $695 + Environmental Fee $29.95. How can i get them to waive the security deposit and admin fee? I offered $30k yesterday, but they never call me back, i guess i need to look for a different dealer.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
good info here.. thanks for unhaggle... sorry to side track - but I just got report for mazda 3, but it only gives me the base model. Is there a way for me to get other models report ?
Nov 14, 2008
568 posts
38 upvotes
riverkid090 wrote: Thanks Blackhatch!
I thought i was too aggressive as the dealer keeps saying my number is impossible. what is Block heater? Security Deposit $695 + Environmental Fee $29.95. How can i get them to waive the security deposit and admin fee? I offered $30k yesterday, but they never call me back, i guess i need to look for a different dealer.
Is that $30k without tax or all-in?
Price listed would be without tax.

Block heater is a plugin to keep your engine block warm enough in the winter if you park your car outside.

Do you get the security deposit back or can it be applied to part of your down payment?

I dunno sound fishy like etching.
Mar 23, 2009
990 posts
392 upvotes
Halifax

Aren't you doing cash deal? Security deposit doesn't matter if so.
Mar 23, 2009
990 posts
392 upvotes
Halifax
mic2074 wrote: good info here.. thanks for unhaggle... sorry to side track - but I just got report for mazda 3, but it only gives me the base model. Is there a way for me to get other models report ?
you have to choose advanced and choose the model/options you want.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Forget about going into one dealership and haggling over the amount only to find out after a few hours that they didn't go for the price or was willing to move.

I purchased a Subaru at the beginning of the year for $450 over invoice or 1.4% over invoice after all was said and done (there wasn't any incentives or rebates available). I e-mailed every dealer in Vancouver as well as a broker or two for their best price and then took that best price back to them (via e-mail again) and got a better price. I didn't walk into a dealership until I had the price that was good for me. Took about two hours of my time over two weeks sitting in front of my computer doing the email... I didn't even offer a price, the dealers and brokers did that for me.

I have a thread on RFD detailing exactly what I did and the outcome.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1354 upvotes
Simple - just tell them you refuse to pay for those items.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1424 posts
394 upvotes
GVRD
poedua wrote: Simple - just tell them you refuse to pay for those items.
Just go elsewhere or wait until close to the end of the month when these guys are trying to make their numbers.

For the most part Canadian dealers suck, I've been thinking of buying a 2013 mazdaspeed3 and the local dealers won't move much off msrp. I found a dealer in the U.S. that will sell for about 17% less than U.S. invoice. If I buy the car there's no way it's going to be in Canada, the gap is too large.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)