• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2018 4:01 pm
Sep 17, 2009
210 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
audit13 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2018 7:30 pm
You could have done that too by checking the IMEI blacklist? Not sure what apple does differently since they can't guarantee it won't be blacklisted later which is unfortunate.

The phone could still be blacklisted days or weeks later even after performing a check.
Be careful ..if phone is not blacklisted, it doesn't guarantee you anything ..On other hand, if somebody is willing come to Apple store without any problem, it gives me confidence the phone should be clean. When I bought phone on Kijji, I asked seller to show me some ID before we did final transaction.

If you are buying on Kijji and other side is not comfortable coming to Apple store, stay away of deal ...
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
13076 posts
1225 upvotes
Toronto
As a seller or buyer, what would happen at the Apple store other than having the Apple employee run a diagnostic?

As far as I know, Apple doesn't blacklist phones from being used on a carrier network.

Blacklisting can happen with new phones too: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/can-non- ... d-2202747/
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1571 posts
1070 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
I think buying a blacklisted phone isn't bad if you don't need it as a phone and just a hand held PDA and media device. Like if you bought it off say an owner who did not pay their bill and not stolen. Like the idea of having a separate compact media device and not eat up your main phone battery.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.