• Apr 14th, 2016 10:21 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2317 posts
1091 upvotes

Buying a Samsung Galaxy A9 in China

I am considering purchasing the Galaxy A9 in China, currently working there. My current phone Zenphone 2 has issues, water damage causing screen distortion.

I am not too familiar with buying such phones overseas and bringing it back to Canada to use.:

Any help would be appreciated regarding possible huge issues:

1) there is no Google Play store in any Chinese phones, how to solve this for this model?

2) will this phone work with Rogers or Speakout when I come back to Canada in a few months, Particular the 4g lte issues

3) Is it remotely possible I can get a English Canadian ROM or International OS on this phone?

Many other possible issues I may not have thought about, please enlighten.

It cost a whopping 3199 Yuan or $640 Canadian to buy this sucker here.

Thanks in advance. I am 12 hours ahead here so might be slow to reply.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2317 posts
1091 upvotes
No one bought a China Sammy phone and brought it back to Canada?

I believe it is this model number: Samsung A9 SM-A9000

This thing has not been released yet in North America.

No thoughts?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
2101 posts
799 upvotes
ORLEANS
You need to install play store urself using some guides which can be found on Google. Or install the North American firmware if u can. To avoid all this it is best to buy the phone in HK.

Willmyphonework says the Sm-a9000 will work on all the big 3s 3G network. And Rogers 2g. But all big 3 for 4g LTE is maybe
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2317 posts
1091 upvotes
Palidino wrote: You need to install play store urself using some guides which can be found on Google. Or install the North American firmware if u can. To avoid all this it is best to buy the phone in HK.

Willmyphonework says the Sm-a9000 will work on all the big 3s 3G network. And Rogers 2g. But all big 3 for 4g LTE is maybe
Yeah, Hong Kong maybe the better option. Not impressed with the Chinese prices here for phones or any electronics. They pay a premium.

A trip to HK may add extra cost. Would be best if I could get a Canadian G4 bought by a family member and sent over here but they are looking closely now for these things, custom, duties, taxes.

Crazy all these issues with Google here, I see no phones with the playstore, only some local Chinese app store which I can't read. Nobody seems to care of all they are missing with Android, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, etc.

If I buy the phone here I need to root and sideload google play. Since this phone is so new I see no ROMs at all. Wish I can just get a north American stock android on this thing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)