• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 2:35 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 3, 2017
1 posts

BUYING A STOLEN PS4?

Created an account to question most on this Forum. Now I'm currently trying to purchase a PS4 off kijiji, the seller is pricing it for $100. The console and one controller. The reason I'm very iffy about this is because the seller never picks up the phone, only chats through text and has removed the ad of kijiji. However is still selling this device to me, so far. I made a few searches online regarding this incident and came across a video of someone that faced something similar some time back.

Video:

My concern is that I may be getting myself into the same situation, I'm not sure and I obviously can't call claim the PS4 is stolen as I'm not sure. Anyone have their two cents? Its a very iffy situation and I just want to be sure.

Please and thanks!
_Blue
2 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13727 posts
9223 upvotes
Toronto
probably no PS4 at all. They are likely looking to simply rob you when you show up. I'd stay far away, so many red flags.

Ask seller to meet you at a Police station and you'll never hear back, guaranteed.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Sep 12, 2017
17 posts
sprung wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 3:24 pm
probably no PS4 at all. They are likely looking to simply rob you when you show up. I'd stay far away, so many red flags.

Ask seller to meet you at a Police station and you'll never hear back, guaranteed.
this