None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8971 posts
756 upvotes
GTA

Buytopia Reviews - Post your review here of their customer service

Has anyone ever received a refund from Buytopia for a voucher issue?

They seem to have one of the worst customer services based on the Marlon's/ The Butchers thread:

merged-butchers-aka-marlon-meats-organi ... on-999078/

I am boycotting buying anything from them. I think the public (through google searches) should be warned. Please post your bad or good reviews of Buytopia here.
104 replies
Banned
Dec 3, 2011
29 posts
3 upvotes
TORONTO
YLSF wrote:
Dec 20th, 2011 10:40 pm

They seem to have one of the worst customer services based on the Marlon's/ The Butchers thread:

I am boycotting buying anything from them. I think the public (through google searches) should be warned. Please post your bad or good reviews of Buytopia here.

Worst customer service
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1221 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
I had a good experience when I had to call them once but I'm sure I wouldn't be impressed if I had bought the butchers deal.

I recently bought the "NuMe" deal ($25 for $125 voucher) but found out there were better deals without buying a voucher so asked to refund the very next day. They say you can get a refund in the first 10 days no problem but it's been 6 days & I haven't heard anything back from them! Not impressed.

Finally got an answer after writing to them & asking WTH. Got my refund.

The site is always SLOW AS MOLASSES, not worth buying anything from a site that can't handle even a few people on it!
:arrow: I'LL BUY WAGJAG COUPON CODES! $5, $10 & $20 (from liking on FB or icoke - Paying 30% of coupon value by Paypal) - PM ME! :!:

My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)
May 12, 2009
3 posts
ontario
HI,

I purchased an item from buytopia.ca. They were offering a deal from Goodbuyfirst.com.

I have contacted buytopia.ca several times and they have never provided me with a reply.

Goodbuyfirst.com and buytopia.ca are sending me several emails, to confirm my delivery address, which I confirmed. They sent several more even though I have already confirmed my address.

Goodbuyfirst.com also sent me a link to "sign up" and to enter a voucher number.
However, there was no voucher number from buytopia.ca. The instructions were to re-purchase the item at a substantially higher price using a 'voucher' and to pay the extra 'taxes' applicable.

I have been charged by these companies, have asked for an update with no response and was asked for personal information and to "sign up" more without ever receiving my goods or a reply from anyone who work in these companies.
Jan 11, 2012
4 posts
EAST GWILLIMBURY
YLSF wrote:
Dec 20th, 2011 10:40 pm

I would never buy a deal from them after the Butchers fiasco - worst customer service and business practice.
Oct 31, 2003
767 posts
75 upvotes
Woodbridge
I bought two 32gbs sd cards which are fake. I brought it to Butopia's attention and they refused to give me a refund!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1409 posts
198 upvotes
I bought 5 of the Sears vouchers from them when they were offering that deal and I was very weary because of their poor reputation. Anyway, I used all 5 vouchers and saved a good chunk of money so no complaints from me.
Nov 28, 2010
244 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
I was forced to request a chargeback from MasterCard because they refused me a refund. I purchased a voucher and couldn't get the service because it was pretty much impossible to get an appointment.
I'm obviously done with those crooks.
Oct 8, 2011
1 posts
the worst (or should I say "non-existent") customer service ever!!!! They would tell you that they were in touch with the business you'd been having issues with, but in fact no one bothered to resolve the problem. Their manager is rude and of no help. His excuse is that he's getting a lot of calls from customers. NEVER EVER buy anything through Buytopia. I'm about to file a complaint with the Ministry of Comsumer Services. Oh, btw, PainFreeLaser (the company I'm having an issue with) is as bad. Would not return my calls or emails. BEWARE!
Jun 26, 2010
102 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered a pair of FAKE beats headphones from their group deal. Total scam! Asked for a refund, they said they cancelled it.. been a month now. Still no refund shows up.

Same with some of my friends that bought the same deal. AVOID!
Feb 1, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
the people at buytopia are great in that they will eventually refund your money for your purchases at the butcher if you are persistent enough. call and demand to speak to peter. he says he is the manager. the people who answer the phone will ask you why you are calling and give you all sorts of songs and dances.

however i finally received my refund today. had to threaten to sue them if they did not. they agreed to provide the refund just over a week ago. and when i complained this week that i did not receive it Peter told me that they did not have enough money in their paypal account or something like that.

their customer service is not great but they did give the refund to me. i am sure they will give it to you if you are persistent. they will try to blow you off. tell you it is not their fault and they are going to sue merlin.

just be persistent and you will get your refund. I DID.
Feb 3, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
I was one of the many people who bought a voucher for the organic meat. I also have a friend who bought 3. While she has tried to go to the actual store to redeem several times, with no luck, I have been emailing meat@buytopia.ca which was the method provided by Buytopia to process orders. I made a request and submitted my order. I waited and waited. I emailed back, they said my order would be coming soon. I waited and waited. I sent two more harshly worded emails - nothing. Now, all I want, is my original investment back. No reply. I was wondering if they had an office here in Toronto. It might be worth people actually going straight to the source. I realize that the retailer is being held responsible. However, my understanding is that these deal companies take the lion's share of the money, so I see them as far more responsible. I would encourage people to be very wary of these deals. I would hazard a guess that there are many more people who are out of luck with this deal. SO they have collected thousands of dollars and not provided any product!> :(
Feb 3, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
Hi - I have desperately been :trying to get a refund and they are not answering my emails. Do you have a number I can call to reach this Peter person?

Thanks a million! :D
Feb 1, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
this is buytopia's phone number. it is their responsibility. you bought the coupon from them. you have a contract with buytopia and not marlon's. be persistent. you will get your hard earned money back. do not let them push you around. tell them you will just sue them in small claims court and they will refund your money.
Feb 3, 2012
1 posts
VANCOUVER
DO NOT BUY FROM BUYTOPIA!!! I have been trying to get my credit card credited with the refund they promised me for a month now. I have the email from "Aun" confirming that I will get a refund of $34 for a voucher that I couldn't use because the merchant had changed the criteria and that was not made explicit on the voucher. Since then I have followed up by phone and email and have received no further response. The customer service is horrible and they are not reliable. Save your money and your time. I am now having to submit a dispute of the charge with my credit card and they will deal with it on my behalf. Huge waste of time!