Buytopia Reviews - Post your review here of their customer service

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2016 12:45 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 16, 2012
3 posts
HAMILTON
I bought a voucher last year with Buytopia for Pain Free Laser. That business closed down and they (buytopia) are saying I'll get a credit to my account. I informed that that I filed a complaint with the BBB because I was not able to get service. It was difficult to book anything and I figured I'd wait and then I learned they were out of business. If the BBB can't get me a refund, then I will try this method and be persistent. I will never use they groupon type companies again. They are all scams and not worth it.
Nov 16, 2012
3 posts
HAMILTON
I was told by them on Wednesday that I am getting a refund for the above voucher as I complained to the BBB and hopefully I'll get the cheque in the mail within 2 weeks. I'll keep people posted. I totally think this is one corrupt business
Dec 28, 2012
3 posts
TORONTO
I regretted to have bought a voucher from Buytopia. DO NOT BUY FROM BUYTOPIA! Not only all their vouchers are crap, most of them are misleading! Be careful on those vouchers! They're not real. It's a waste of money & time! DO NOT BUY FROM BUYTOPIA!
Dec 28, 2012
1 posts
Hi guys! Just wanted to tell you that I have met the Buytopia founders in person and they basically don't give a F... about ANYONE including the customers!! I just made this account so that I can share all my experience working with these Group-buying websites! I have almost worked with all of them so ask me anything is you want!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8556 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
I had an ongoing boycott with Buytopia but I decided to give them another chance as there was a restaurant on there that I wanted to try yesterday... I had resisted previous deals because I figured it wasn't worth dealing with them but I figured since Buytopia didn't actually ever screw me over personally that I would give them a chance.

Well, they had a promo code on their website, save 10% off anything on the site. The 10% off code didn't even work! I decided to buy anyway and figured I would call them this morning to get it sorted out. Well, all of their "options" just get sent to a general delivery voicemail message! I e-mailed them about the 10% off this morning, lets see if they respond at all. I will update the thread.
Jul 15, 2006
132 posts
33 upvotes
I have only bought once with Buytopia, but it was a good experience. I bought one of the diaper deals they have with well.ca ($30 for big box of diapers and $20 well.ca gift card - I bought similar deals from WagJag and TeamBuy).

I got the voucher almost immediately after I purchased it (althogh the deal had not closed yet). Entered the voucher code on well.ca right away, and got my diapers/gift card the next day. Definitely no complaints!

They also seem fairly responsive in social media. I guess like with all deal sites, be careful what you order. As an example, spa services bought through group deals with any deal site never seem to work out too well for most people.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I tweet: http://twitter.com/laurenrjacobs
I blog: http://www.laurenrjacobs.com
Jan 5, 2013
1 posts
VANCOUVER
I totally agree. I've recently bought something from buytopia, which turned out to be a disaster and when I called them - I was given terrible/rude customer service. They were not at all helpful. I also bought something else from them on the same day I bought my first item for a gift (shellac nails kit) and its been over a month And I still have not recoved it. They just said it was on its way but they don't know when....

I now have $40 credit from them after having to wait on the phone for 20 minutes and nurmerous emails - which I have to use. Otherwise DO NOT PURCHASE anything from them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8556 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
Latest Buytopia scam...Not honouring credits of a company they took over

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/buytopia ... st16596603
I actually bought a deal from them recently, figuring I would give them another chance since it had been a while. I am back to boycotting them no matter what.
May 7, 2013
1 posts
I agree do not buy anything from Buytopia. I followed up immediately with Butcher issue and was told that the reimbursement was coming and hold on, I have numerous email documentation and who I spoke to and when over the phone. Nothing was reimbursed the final comment I got was we are in litigation's and have to wait. That's not my issue that's a Buytopia issue. I bought the voucher from Buytopia, and Buytopia received their portion of the money and I want my money back. I cannot believe this company is still around they are nothing but a scam, helping other corrupted companies scam people as well. They sell vouchers for companies that close down within months, the Butcher shop isn't the only case, yet nothing can be done about shutting them down? I've tried everything about getting my refund and I still don't have it.
Nov 11, 2012
1 posts
TORONTO
Just bought Thai One On $15 for $30 worth of food.
Thai One On menu shows item for $13, they say because of coupon, I must pay $16.
With excess charges for other menu items, my $34 dinner is now $46.
Do not buy Thai One On.
May 24, 2013
1 posts
ETOBICOKE
i have bought an earring set.. but i haven't received a single item.. NEVER to use UTOPIA again.. The site doesn't even have the status of the order.
May 28, 2013
1 posts
Buytopia is pure scam: they keep do not refund on $ that you pay, but didn't receive service. They are rude and unprofessional. I will never will purchase anything from buytopia. Lost what I pay once without receiving any service. I will not be fooled again!!!
Jan 2, 2012
77 posts
10 upvotes
Horrendous. I buy coupons from them all the time. Experienced an issue from one of the merchants. Not a single response to the emails phone calls or facebook messages I've sent them. Will not spend a single penny on this website again.
Nov 5, 2009
611 posts
33 upvotes
This is by far the worst group deal experience. I applied for MBNA Platinum card and received the card only because of the $150 buytopia promo. That was 4 months ago. I have corresponded with different people at buytopia and its always one excuse or another. 4 months and I still have nothing. I gave up and I am about to contact Quebec's consumer protection agency to file a complaint. Never again!
May 16, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
I am extremely disappointed with my experience with BUYTOPIA.ca I was under the impression that I was saving money by buying tickets from you to the JZ concert when in fact I paid $168 over what they are worth. I only found this out after I received the tickets. the are worth $85 less per ticket than what I paid! To date I can still get them cheaper. You will save nothing with Buytopia.ca If you want to get ripped off then go ahead and use them.. Not to mention It was difficult for me to get credit from *****.com because buytopia.ca was also being difficult with them. I tried to get them to rectify this but they did nothing.
× < >