Buytopia Reviews - Post your review here of their customer service

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2018 5:36 pm
Tags:
None
May 16, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
I posted my experience with buytpia not once BUT TWICE!!! THE DELETED MY POSTS AND BLOCKED ME FROM POSTING AGAIN. i MADE A PURCHASE WITH BUYTOPIA.CA FOR JZ TICKETS THEY ADVERTISE THAT YOU ARE SAVING 50%-90%.. AFTER I RECEIVED MY TICKETS I NOTICED THAT i SPENT $168 MORE THEN THE FACE VALUE. EVEN ON THE DAY OF THE CONCERT i COULD BUY THE TICKETS IN THE SAME SECTION FOR ALLOT CHEAPER $120 LESS TO BE EXACT. THEY REFUSED TO HELP ME, AND SIMPLY BRUSHED ME OFF. SO MUCH FOR SAVING MONEY. I SPENT MORE THAN BUYING THEM ON TICKEMASTER OR ANYWHERE ELSE. I UNDERSTAND THAT NO COMPANY IS PERFECT BUT AT LEAST TRY TO RECTIFY IT! THEY ARE NOT TRANSPARENT AND TRY TO HIDE THEIR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM THE PUBLIC. THIS ONLY PROVES HOW MUCH OF A SHADY AND UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY BUYTOPIA.CA REALLY IS.
Dec 5, 2011
11 posts
TORONTO
I bought a couple of the Rebozos vouchers a while ago and they expired...my bad. I tried to use the paid value at the restaurant and they owner said it was expired and worthless. I called Buytopia, expecting a refund as all the other sites honour the paid value without question. Got the run around for a while on the phone...then "please email us". 10 days later I get very polite email saying they don't care. I pointed this thread out to them and told them to remove me from their mailing list. Wish I'd seen this thread first!
Mar 4, 2009
377 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
Also had bad experiences with them. Shipping times are absurd (several months) and the quality of items I've received so far has been equally bad. Boxes are beat up when they finally arrive, almost comically so, and items are clearly previously opened/used/returned/refurbished. I'm about to contact them for a refund on the most recent item I received, which arrived broken and does not work - I fully expect to get the runaround. I signed up for the credit card deal with them, giving me $150 buytopia credit - worst mistake of my life, WAY more trouble than it's worth. Plus you usually have to pay for shipping costs not covered by the credit. AVOID!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8451 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like they might be behind the new snapsaves.com site, FWIW.

http://findwhois.com/snapsaves.com

Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Domain Name: SNAPSAVES.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-06-06 15:43:03
Creation Date: 2013-03-28 15:30:05
Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-03-28 15:30:05
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrant Name: Ryan Marien
Registrant Organization: buytopia
Registrant Street: 466 Lakeshore Rd.
Registrant City: Beaconsfield
Registrant State/Province: QC
Registrant Postal Code: H9W4J5
Registrant Country: Canada
Admin Name: Ryan Marien
Admin Organization: buytopia
Admin Street: 466 Lakeshore Rd.
Admin City: Beaconsfield
Admin State/Province: QC
Admin Postal Code: H9W4J5
Admin Country: Canada
Admin Phone: +1.6135395327
Admin Fax:
Admin Email: marien.ryan@gmail.com
Tech Name: Ryan Marien
Tech Organization: buytopia
Tech Street: 466 Lakeshore Rd.
Tech City: Beaconsfield
Tech State/Province: QC
Tech Postal Code: H9W4J5
Tech Country: Canada
Tech Phone: +1.6135395327
Tech Fax:
Tech Email: marien.ryan@gmail.com
Name Server: NS-1989.AWSDNS-56.CO.UK
Name Server: NS-1368.AWSDNS-43.ORG
Name Server: NS-49.AWSDNS-06.COM
Name Server: NS-649.AWSDNS-17.NET
Banned
Jun 14, 2013
158 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Is it just a coincidence your name is Ryan as well...
Oct 8, 2013
1 posts
Vancouver
vancouverbased wrote:
Feb 4th, 2012 7:41 pm
DO NOT BUY FROM BUYTOPIA!!! I have been trying to get my credit card credited with the refund they promised me for a month now. I have the email from "Aun" confirming that I will get a refund of $34 for a voucher that I couldn't use because the merchant had changed the criteria and that was not made explicit on the voucher. Since then I have followed up by phone and email and have received no further response. The customer service is horrible and they are not reliable. Save your money and your time. I am now having to submit a dispute of the charge with my credit card and they will deal with it on my behalf. Huge waste of time!

They owe us $100 gift card through applying MBNA credit card. Almost one year now and they just keep on asking us again and again our info evertime we contact them. They just want to stall you as long as they can and wait until you give up. I have to let everybody knows that do not give them any business at all. Also suggest people to file their to BBB so more people know about them

Kin
Oct 2, 2011
1 posts
anyone shopping on Buytopia.ca please be aware. The last 2 purchases I have made with them have been a disaster, and I will NEVER shop there again. I purchased 2 light up dog collars which came in from Hong Kong, and were nowhere near the size that they were supposed to be. buytopia.ca asked me to return them to their Toronto warehouse, and they would refund me the money. So I did that, stupid me...now I have no collars, and it cost me $10 to ship back, and they will NOT refund shipping. Their mistake, and it cost me $10!
My second purchase is "somewhere" in Chinese customs and I "may or may not" receive it....they are willing to offer me Buytopia.ca credit....not refund to my credit card! BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE....STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Dec 12, 2010
8 posts
4 upvotes
Kanata
I ordered 2 items through Buytopia - one in AUGUST of 2013, the other in SEPTEMBER of 2013. It is now NOVEMBER. It says in the deal that it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery. Fine. I email about the first one after 6 weeks only to be told "oh the deal didn't actually end until Sep 18 so you still have two more weeks to wait". Fine. Wait over two weeks. Nothing arrives.

Email again and they feign interest, and apparently contact the company sending the item. They finally get back to me with a tracking number. Great. This tells me SOMETHING has shipped but it doesn't say what it is or that it is necessarily coming to ME. It never updates day to day. AND it says that the shipping date is TWO DAYS AFTER my email to them asking where the item was, in other words AFTER the item was already supposed to be here.

Nevertheless, I wait another three weeks. Nothing arrives. Now I am really worried about the second item I ordered as well. I email again and request a refund. I'm told that isn't going to happen because they don't refund anything after an item has been shipped. Well, I'm sorry but they can't tell me WHAT the item is on that tracking number or that whatever it is is destined to arrive HERE. All that number says is that something was shipped.

Oh - and it was shipped FROM CHINA. WTF?? If I wanted to buy something from China I would have gone on eBay and got it for a helluva lot less than what I paid for it through Buytopia. They NEED to alert customers BEFORE purchase about the origins of the items they sell. If I had known about the item coming from China I would have at least thought twice about it.

ANYWAY, I emailed back to tell them no refund is unacceptable and that I will contact the BBB if I don't get one asap. That email is ignored. So on their Facebook page I post a polite ad saying the following: "I am disgusted with Buytopia, frankly. Customer Satisfaction is your number one concern unless you have to do something about it. I ordered an item (it's supposed to be a gift so I don't want to say what it is) on August 25th that is STILL not here in November. I emailed Buytopia at the beginning of October to find out what was going on. Someone sent me a tracking number which is useless except that it tells me something was sent to me AFTER I inquired where it was, AFTER it should have already been here. I have no confidence in this company anymore and I'm scared for something else I ordered in September which has not year arrived either. I have asked for a refund so at least I could purchase somewhere else but was told that's not going to happen and my subsequent emails have been IGNORED. All of this is extremely poor customer service and certainly makes Buytopia a company I will be encouraging people NOT to use. I fully expect this post to be removed."

True to form and the history of their terrible customer service, my post was removed AND I was blocked from using their page.

I emailed about my second item, demanding at least a tracking number so that I can be as informed as possible when I contact the Better Business Bureau. I will also be contacting my credit card. I have already posted publicly on Facebook about this ridiculous situation, will continue to post on Twitter and post reviews anywhere and everywhere. PLEASE look for my tweets (@elle_dee_see), retweet and spread the word about this horrible company. They do not care about their customers at all!
Nov 5, 2013
1 posts
Buytopia is a complete disappoinment.

I should have known that their low price MP3 player was a piece of junk. It was completely faulty and when I asked to get my money back they gave me the
dance about sending it back and they would look at and get back to me. They wanted me to pay the for the postage to send it back as well.

BAD PRODUCTS, BAD SERVICE AND NON EXISTING RETURN POLICY. Fighting that hard to get my $20 back was not worth it. I learned my lesson. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 10, 2013
1 posts
Which coupon / deal agency do you actually recommend to be good for their word. I've been reading about scams here scams there. I'm actually trying to feature my Tax & Accounting firm providing tax prep services for the 2013 Tax Year sometime around 2014. As a licensed professional accountant in Ontario, I wouldn't want my reputation ruined because of another company's sketchy tactics.
Oct 24, 2013
3 posts
Hi
I have purchased a CorePad Pro from Buytopia.ca and they have already charged my credit card on November 05, 2013. Still I didn't receive any products to my shipping address at Scarborough. I have mailed them several times but no reply. Also tried to communicate with them over phone but failed to reach the right corner. Am I in right track? What should I do at this moment?

SK
Jun 4, 2013
452 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
call your CC company, try to get refund.
kumerdas wrote:
Nov 13th, 2013 9:11 pm
Hi
I have purchased a CorePad Pro from Buytopia.ca and they have already charged my credit card on November 05, 2013. Still I didn't receive any products to my shipping address at Scarborough. I have mailed them several times but no reply. Also tried to communicate with them over phone but failed to reach the right corner. Am I in right track? What should I do at this moment?

SK
Jun 21, 2005
201 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
AdamMilan wrote:
Nov 14th, 2013 5:52 pm
call your CC company, try to get refund.
Uhhh... 10 seconds in Google found this line for that deal:

"Shipping takes 4 to 6 weeks after deals ends on Buytopia"

http://buytopia.ca/deal/6069

The deal is still running....