• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2018 10:55 am
Tags:
None
Oct 5, 2015
14 posts
1 upvote
Ontario
whats the other site like buytopia thats canadian that has similar deals and the mbna deal?
Jul 15, 2015
2 posts
Beware guys dont buy anything in buytopia, i have approved MBNA master card reward and you will bet $100 guft card but after get my card, called buytopia customer service 10times but no one answer not even one support ive talked even i emailed them 3times...this is scam website.
Jan 17, 2011
2 posts
1 upvote
Has anyone ever received a refund and how did they get it, from Buytopia? They wouldn't activate the gift card I ordered, then said send it back for refund...I'm still waiting...then they said they would activate the card, so I replied with the message they sent me that they had received the cards and would be refunding my money...they don't even know what they are doing or saying...its probably been a year now...I'll never buy from them again...they should be reported as scammers and fraudulent...they should be charged by the police! I guess my next step is to report them to the police, but as its $100, they probably wouldn't do anything...although, if they've done this to many people...could be millions of dollars they are scamming...I will also report to the media, as they seem to get things done
May 25, 2015
102 posts
68 upvotes
London, ON
Don't ever buy anything from buytopia. They are scammers. Big scammers. I bought Esso GC probably two months ago and they keep telling me to wait until next week and now they don't even respond. Obviously, they do not have GC in stock and you can see they are still selling them as if they are going to deliver. They should be reported.
Sep 21, 2017
2 posts
I was supposed to get a $100 The Bay card upon requesting and receiving an MBNA credit card. Did that in January and wrote them every month to get the promised $100 Bay card. They always replied that only a restricted amount of cards were issued each month. Never my turn. Then I accepted their offer to get a $150 credit on their site telling them that I wanted to buy an Esso gift card deal that was on. After 3 days of writing them, they applied the $150 credit on my account but when I tried to purchase the Esso gift card, the system tells me that no credit can be applied to this deal!!!! I specifically accepted the $150 credit telling them that I wanted to purchase this card and it won't allow me!!! I wrote to them 3 days in a row without even an acknowledgement! They never told me that there would be restrictions in using my credit. This is unacceptable and you can't even talk to a PERSON on the phone. Your only option is to write them but what is the use of writing them if you don't get an answer? NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SUCH A WEB SITE. NO CONSIDERATION FOR THEIR CLIENTS!!!! NOT EVEN AN EXPLANATION. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Jan 17, 2011
2 posts
1 upvote
I'm still waiting...they continue to make excuses...say they will refund my money, then they don't...I think they're scammers, just out to collect money...Police and Consumer reporting agencies should warn against this company
Sep 5, 2014
34 posts
69 upvotes
calgary
avoid as soon as you see buytopia
I bought something but never received it. They said the item has been shipped but i didn't receive anything. They keep saying they are waiting for vendor to search my shipping information for 2 months. Fortunately, i got a refund through my credit card. NEVER buy anything from them
Oct 13, 2010
1 posts
mississauga
I bought Philip Sonicare toothbrush replacement head. I didn't receive my order after more than 3 months (and many e-mails) and the Customer Service simply refund my payment without further explanation. They seem to be just a liaison with their vendor and don't really have power to resolve the issue (other than giving the refund after > 3 months?). I don't recommend this vendor. If you want to try anyway, make sure you read the lengthy fine prints first.
Jun 6, 2011
1 posts
I agree!

I purchased (3) $100 Esso Bundles as Christmas gifts. I have so far emailed their "Customer Service" three times - December 18, 20, & 27th and again today (January 2) asking as to the status of the cards (even put in the 'Urgent' as they suggested in the subject line). They promise contact within 24 hours! I have not heard anything from them yet.
Jan 2, 2018
1 posts
I ordered 3 items that I was suppose to get on time for Christmas on November 24th. By December 11th, I hadn't received anything so I sent 1 first email. They replied the same day not to worry... That my order was going to be in on time. Guess what? I didn't received anything yet!!! I sent 2 more emails and tried to call without getting any answers! My next step is to contact my credit card to fill a complain. I have been stolen!! And believe me... I will write my story on every review site that I can find on the web!!
Jan 2, 2018
2 posts
This company is a scam. I ordered a watch from them months ago and still have not received it. They have conveniently disabled there customer service phone line ...you can only reach them by email and they dont reply....stay clear of Buytopia
Jul 13, 2009
2 posts
ottawa
Buytopia has stolen $200 from me. I have written two letters about it. I ordered a $234 Esso Gift card for $200 end of October. It was a Christmas gift for my mother. I never received instructions on how to activate it. Emails kept saying 7-10 days. Now they are completely ignoring emails. I really cannot afford to lose $200 but I guess it is a hard lesson learned. I ordered last year and there was not problem. I guess they just don't care. thoroughly disappointed and disgusted. Will never order online again. I am a recent widow so was hoping they would take that into consideration when I asked for a refund. Kept getting standard answer.
Jul 13, 2009
2 posts
ottawa
There is no answer at their phone number...you can only use customer service, who do not reply to emails. I have written to head office twice to get a refund since product never delivered.
Jan 2, 2018
2 posts
I ordered a smart watch from them back in November that still hasnt arrived. I have contacted them several times and they just keep telling me its on the way lol. The UPS tracking number they provided doesnt exist. Tried calling customer service and you just get a recording telling you to email. Does anyone have a number to reach a real person that can help?????