• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2018 1:14 pm
Sep 27, 2003
9074 posts
1988 upvotes
Newmarket
roblombardi wrote:
Aug 1st, 2018 7:47 am
It was just edited, Tom, and when I questioned it, I received an answer saying that I should reserve holy words for religious discussions in OT (?) and that any other instance would be censored... mmm... what?

I recall this incident and I do not believe that will happen again.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4268 posts
1574 upvotes
Toronto
WorldIRC wrote:
Aug 1st, 2018 8:28 am
I recall this incident and I do not believe that will happen again.
Thanks guys... I was just confused and didn't agree, but I was cool with it; it's a difficult job to mod here, so I totally get it
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Sep 27, 2003
9074 posts
1988 upvotes
Newmarket
roblombardi wrote:
Aug 1st, 2018 8:45 am
Thanks guys... I was just confused and didn't agree, but I was cool with it; it's a difficult job to mod here, so I totally get it
I think what's tough for some is they forget this is just a message board. Real life is (hopefully) outside the walls of RFD.
RFD Forums Moderator
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
476 upvotes
Rockwood
Some of these mods just make up things as they go, delete or censor posts THEY do not like for no other reason. Then give some BS excuse as to why.

One of the reasons members stop posting and helping others.
Sep 27, 2003
9074 posts
1988 upvotes
Newmarket
None12 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2018 11:03 am
Some of these mods just make up things as they go, delete or censor posts THEY do not like for no other reason. Then give some BS excuse as to why.

One of the reasons members stop posting and helping others.
If you feel this is happening, you are absolutely welcome to share your feedback with @TomRFD who will review your concerns accordingly. I do not think there has been any shortage or reduction in the number of users that are posting and helping others.
RFD Forums Moderator
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9453 posts
14118 upvotes
Scarborough
WorldIRC wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2018 12:08 pm
If you feel this is happening, you are absolutely welcome to share your feedback with @TomRFD who will review your concerns accordingly. I do not think there has been any shortage or reduction in the number of users that are posting and helping others.
Well said. Anyone who feels a moderator's actions are not justified are more than welcome to PM me about it. The default text in the automated PM's sent out even say this. That being said I don't receive many complaints and there are hundreds of moderator actions performed every single day.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
476 upvotes
Rockwood
Just more nonsense being spewed. I've had posts edited or deleted by one mod in particular, he deleted a ton of my posts then came back 10 hours later to the same thread and deleted my first post. If it was indeed a thread clean up one would think it would have all been done at the same time. That post by the way received several up votes. You can't censor someone because as a mod you don't agree, this is a discussion board or has that changed?

As for going to @TomRFD what a joke! I have done that and he stopped replying to my messages so what point is it? I get that as a leader you side with your people but it's ridiculous to say come to me with your issue and when someone does you don't reply further.

And to say members haven't left is also bogus because they've even posted that they are leaving. I for one will be posting less and have helped several members with plumbing and municipal related questions but I guess the loss isn't great so who cares.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9453 posts
14118 upvotes
Scarborough
None12 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2018 3:11 pm
Just more nonsense being spewed. I've had posts edited or deleted by one mod in particular, he deleted a ton of my posts then came back 10 hours later to the same thread and deleted my first post. If it was indeed a thread clean up one would think it would have all been done at the same time. That post by the way received several up votes. You can't censor someone because as a mod you don't agree, this is a discussion board or has that changed?

As for going to @TomRFD what a joke! I have done that and he stopped replying to my messages so what point is it? I get that as a leader you side with your people but it's ridiculous to say come to me with your issue and when someone does you don't reply further.

And to say members haven't left is also bogus because they've even posted that they are leaving. I for one will be posting less and have helped several members with plumbing and municipal related questions but I guess the loss isn't great so who cares.
You messaged me about a warning you received to which I replied. I didn't feel anything further needed to be said about that particular issue. If you want to discuss the thread you mentioned above shoot me a link to it and I'll look into it.

@WorldIRC did not say that no members have left but rather that the amount of people helping others hasn't changed. Members come and go every day just as they always have.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4417 posts
685 upvotes
Toronto
huh? aren't we all mature adults here? As long as it is not an attack on a member, i don't see a problem with the occasional F or S word.
Sep 27, 2003
9074 posts
1988 upvotes
Newmarket
yesstyle wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2018 6:30 pm
huh? aren't we all mature adults here? As long as it is not an attack on a member, i don't see a problem with the occasional F or S word.
Pretty much.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4527 posts
3012 upvotes
Montreal
WorldIRC wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2018 12:08 pm
TomRFD will do nothing this is all happening under his watch, many people have posted on the absurd moderation, still continues. I recently had a 'thread cleanup' where the only posts removed were mine, posts that were simply meant for humor/sarcasm and upvoted more than a dozen times by the community, for a blog/low content thread that was downvoted by the community.

I'm also not including this same mod as removed a bunch of other posts of mine. If mods are allowed to stalk, bully and then threaten to 'mod accordingly' if I question their actions why should I help anyone? Posts are being deleted when no rules are really broken. The over-moderation of these forums, especially Automotive has become beyond preposterous. That forum has died, you're left with nonsensical 'How do i turn on my lights' and blog posts, "Road raged today got cut off going 120 in fast lane'. You have lost many many solid posters who used to be very helpful, you're about to lose another one. To say you haven't lost any is denial.
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
476 upvotes
Rockwood
ottofly wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 10:48 pm
TomRFD will do nothing this is all happening under his watch, many people have posted on the absurd moderation, still continues. I recently had a 'thread cleanup' where the only posts removed were mine, posts that were simply meant for humor/sarcasm and upvoted more than a dozen times by the community, for a blog/low content thread that was downvoted by the community.

I'm also not including this same mod as removed a bunch of other posts of mine. If mods are allowed to stalk, bully and then threaten to 'mod accordingly' if I question their actions why should I help anyone? Posts are being deleted when no rules are really broken. The over-moderation of these forums, especially Automotive has become beyond preposterous. That forum has died, you're left with nonsensical 'How do i turn on my lights' and blog posts, "Road raged today got cut off going 120 in fast lane'. You have lost many many solid posters who used to be very helpful, you're about to lose another one. To say you haven't lost any is denial.
The reply below pretty much sums up how much they care. It's rather comical and shows issues from the top down.
TomRFD wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2018 4:58 pm
Members come and go every day just as they always have.
Aug 9, 2015
81 posts
16 upvotes
Da Internet
WorldIRC wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 9:36 am

Is there a need to swear?
YES! Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Sep 27, 2003
9074 posts
1988 upvotes
Newmarket
None12 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 9:50 am
The reply below pretty much sums up how much they care. It's rather comical and shows issues from the top down.
Clearly the RFD staff disagree with you on this.

I am closing this thread as the topic of bypassing the filter has been addressed by the administration.
RFD Forums Moderator