• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 8:58 pm
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
51743 posts
16254 upvotes
When the promotion mentions different partners, does Sobeys and Sobeys Fresh count as one?

Same as over at Shell, do in-store purchase and fuel purchase count as only one offer?

Sorry, I forgot what the right answer was.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2490 posts
1203 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: When the promotion mentions different partners, does Sobeys and Sobeys Fresh count as one?

Same as over at Shell, do in-store purchase and fuel purchase count as only one offer?

Sorry, I forgot what the right answer was.
Sobeys and Urban Fresh count as two partners, since the logo is different. Shell offers count as only one partner, even if you use both coupons.
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
51743 posts
16254 upvotes
slinger99 wrote: Gift card question:

If I go to Sobeys and buy a Sobeys gift card (using my BMO Airmiles credit card so I can double dip), can I go back in right after and use the gift card to buy groceries? Or do I have to wait 24hrs before using?

I'm asking because I saw a sign at Rexall over their gift card stand that states you have to wait 24hrs after activation before you can use it. Is this just for cards activated by Rexall or is it the case with all gift cards regardless of where you buy it?
Can we buy $50 GC at Sobeys Urban Fresh and then use that at Sobeys to meet two requirements? In your case, it will cover three.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
slinger99 wrote: Gift card question:

If I go to Sobeys and buy a Sobeys gift card (using my BMO Airmiles credit card so I can double dip), can I go back in right after and use the gift card to buy groceries? Or do I have to wait 24hrs before using?

I'm asking because I saw a sign at Rexall over their gift card stand that states you have to wait 24hrs after activation before you can use it. Is this just for cards activated by Rexall or is it the case with all gift cards regardless of where you buy it?
alanbrenton wrote: Can we buy $50 GC at Sobeys Urban Fresh and then use that at Sobeys to meet two requirements? In your case, it will cover three.
Just to clarify this ...

For the BMO Challenge ... all one has to do is Spend $ 350+ OR $ 700+ CUMULATIVELY @ THE PARTICIPATING PARTNERS
https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmiles. ... 1572534428

So it can be ANYTHING ... including Gift Cards

For more info on the BMO STB 2019 Challenge ... see this designated thread
national-bmo-ams-mc-50-bams-350-100-bam ... h-2328702/

For other challenges, Gift Cards usually DON’T QUALIFY
Check the AirMiles Partner Directory AND the Partner’s own website to check
Or the AirMiles Shops.ca Retailers Directory for details

Such AMs Partners ,.. are VERY FEW

2 Notable stores that DO ALLOW GCs to Qualify are:
* SHELL RETAIL (for the STB instore Purchase Offer)
See this designated thread for more info = bc-ab-sk-mb-nt-shell-retail-5-bams-wus- ... h-2328765/
* AMSHOPS = Indigo / Chapters (for the STB AMShops $ 100+ Spend Offer)
See this designated thread for more info = national-airmilesshops-ca-50-bams-wus-1 ... h-2330709/

So ... in the case of the various Grocery Store Challenges out there for STB 2019 (Sobey’s Group)
That say SPEND $ 50 Minimum and Get 5x BAMs

One CAN buy GCs at one store & use them at another ... and have them count towards 2 PARTNERS
ONLY IF ONE has a BMO AMs CC and is doing that STB Challenge

It’s then a double dip

One CANNOT TRIPLE DIP
Because GCs bought at Sobey’s Group Stores DO NOT QUALIFY to meet any of the various logoed stores in the Sobey’s Group for the $ 50 Minimum Spend Offer for STB

See each of the individual offers fine print / T&Cs on the back of the coupons
GCs are clearly EXCLUDED
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3770 posts
291 upvotes
Georgetown
Does anyone recall from past STB years.... will the LCBO have a new set of STB offers for Dec 1 - Dec xx ? Logically I would expect that, but I don't want to miss out on locking down LCBO as one of my Partners if I don't buy one of the current offers.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4454 posts
2085 upvotes
Tiberius wrote: Does anyone recall from past STB years.... will the LCBO have a new set of STB offers for Dec 1 - Dec xx ? Logically I would expect that, but I don't want to miss out on locking down LCBO as one of my Partners if I don't buy one of the current offers.
I am pretty sure they will. Every AM major promotion, LCBO would have 2 or 3 periods of offers. However, in the past, they didn't get cheaper so I am not sure about this time. If you just get LCBO for the sake of completing an offer, then you can go ahead and get the cheapest ones now. If they offer cheaper ones next batch, then you can always return them and get the new one(s)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Tiberius wrote: Does anyone recall from past STB years.... will the LCBO have a new set of STB offers for Dec 1 - Dec xx ? Logically I would expect that, but I don't want to miss out on locking down LCBO as one of my Partners if I don't buy one of the current offers.
mkl38s wrote: I am pretty sure they will. Every AM major promotion, LCBO would have 2 or 3 periods of offers. However, in the past, they didn't get cheaper so I am not sure about this time. If you just get LCBO for the sake of completing an offer, then you can go ahead and get the cheapest ones now. If they offer cheaper ones next batch, then you can always return them and get the new one(s)
This

I would say this is ALMOST a sure thing

The LCBO does their marketing on a 2 week cycle for Vintages Wine
And a monthly cycle for pretty much everything else

So ya ... we should be seeing NEW AMs Offers for STB 2019 once this first set for November 14th to 30th ends
May 11, 2017
81 posts
51 upvotes
I'm completely confused about buying on airmilesshops.ca. I did it last year and never got the bonus. I am trying to buy two different items. a $100 GC from Indigo and a $50 GC from Amazon. Looks like it's 20x multiplier through the weekend for Black Friday. I signed in through the portal and put the $100 Indigo GC in my cart. I don't see any way to switch over to now purchase the Amazon GC. Can someone provide instruction?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3770 posts
291 upvotes
Georgetown
PointsHubby wrote: This

I would say this is ALMOST a sure thing

The LCBO does their marketing on a 2 week cycle for Vintages Wine
And a monthly cycle for pretty much everything else

So ya ... we should be seeing NEW AMs Offers for STB 2019 once this first set for November 14th to 30th ends
Thanks! I just made a purchase today to get it over with. You made a good point that the next round of offers may not be good.

Does anyone know if you can just buy gift cards to meet the spend at Sobeys, Rexall, etc? I don’t see how it should matter?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Tiberius wrote: Thanks! I just made a purchase today to get it over with. You made a good point that the next round of offers may not be good.

Does anyone know if you can just buy gift cards to meet the spend at Sobeys, Rexall, etc? I don’t see how it should matter?
GCs are excluded from many of the STB Offers
See each Offer’s fine print T&Cs on the back side of the coupons on the STB 2019 Website www.shoptheblock.ca
By clicking on the offer and the HOW TO USE directions

So ya, cannot buy GCs at any of the Sobey’s Group Stores to do the Spend $ 50 Minimum & Get 5x BAMs for the STB Offer / Partner Count

Same over at Rexall ... No GCs

Only place this works well is the SHELL RETAIL Instore Spend Offer
bc-ab-sk-mb-nt-shell-retail-5-bams-wus- ... h-2328765/

There GCs work (well most of them ... DOESNT WORK for Shell GCs, or Prepaid MC, Visa etc)
Again read the fine print T&Cs

In Ontario the most popular GCs for AMs BIG BONUS Events are the LCBO ones that Shell carries
Easy way to do 2 STB Offers, and double dip by only spending the $ Once

To be honest it’s the only time we buy GCs at Shell ... so I am not sure what else they carry
I don’t believe they have the ones for Sobey’s Group or Rexall

For more info on GCs and how they apply during STB 2019 see the following topics
* This One ... STB 2019 - Event Information = Reply # 4
* This One ... STB 2019 - Event Information = Reply # 19
* AirMiles Shops.ca STB 2019 Offer = national-airmilesshops-ca-50-bams-wus-1 ... h-2330709/
* BMO STB 2019 Offer = national-bmo-ams-mc-50-bams-350-100-bam ... h-2328702/
Sep 14, 2013
4 posts
Calgary
Does the BMO MasterCard offer count as a participating partner? I know in other years the credit cards have, but I thought I recalled seeing a note that they did on the coupon. I don’t see that note this year.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
SavinMama wrote: Does the BMO MasterCard offer count as a participating partner? I know in other years the credit cards have, but I thought I recalled seeing a note that they did on the coupon. I don’t see that note this year.
BMO Offer on the STB Website = www.shoptheblock.ca
Counts in your STB PARTNER COUNTS (3, 5, or 7 )
For more info on this Offer ... and which AirMiles FULL PARTNERS that BMO requires purchases at see this designated offer thread
national-bmo-ams-mc-50-bams-350-100-bam ... h-2328702/
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2490 posts
1203 upvotes
SavinMama wrote: Does the BMO MasterCard offer count as a participating partner? I know in other years the credit cards have, but I thought I recalled seeing a note that they did on the coupon. I don’t see that note this year.
Yes, but you need to opt-in :
https://shoptheblock.ca/en/partner_offers
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4454 posts
2085 upvotes
Sobeys this week - buy $150 Sobeys GC and get 150 BAM. Foodland - buy $100 Foodland GC and get 100BAM. Perfect for double dip on BAM when doing STB at Sobeys/Foodland/Urban Fresh. Buy the GC, wait for Blue Friday (should be in couple of weeks), accomplish STB offer while collecting tons of AMs. I think limit of 5 GCs so we can seriously rack up some miles if you shop at Sobeys often