Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote: Sobeys this week - buy $150 Sobeys GC and get 150 BAM. Foodland - buy $100 Foodland GC and get 100BAM. Perfect for double dip on BAM when doing STB at Sobeys/Foodland/Urban Fresh. Buy the GC, wait for Blue Friday (should be in couple of weeks), accomplish STB offer while collecting tons of AMs. I think limit of 5 GCs so we can seriously rack up some miles if you shop at Sobeys often
Good TIP
Buy a GC on one AMs Promo, and use it on another

But no guarantees we’ll see another BLUE FRIDAY in December
(There was none in 2018)

There was just one on Friday ~ November 29th

And Sobey’s Group doesn’t offer them consistently every month.
(2019 = JAN - FEB - MAR - MAY (twice) - JULY - AUG - OCT - NOV (Black Friday)

But then the STB Offer is good until December 27th ... and one just needs to spend $ 50 min, so I suppose one could take a wait & see approach up to the last minute in hopes of using those GCs on a double dip
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2490 posts
1203 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Sobeys this week - buy $150 Sobeys GC and get 150 BAM. Foodland - buy $100 Foodland GC and get 100BAM. Perfect for double dip on BAM when doing STB at Sobeys/Foodland/Urban Fresh. Buy the GC, wait for Blue Friday (should be in couple of weeks), accomplish STB offer while collecting tons of AMs. I think limit of 5 GCs so we can seriously rack up some miles if you shop at Sobeys often
For those in Toronto, also Urban Fresh buy $75 and get 75 BAM. In the past, occasionally this did not work on the first day, so anxious to hear about this. The BAM should appear on the receipt.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7494 posts
3770 upvotes
Kootenays
Tough sledding in BC this year for STB. To make matters worse, while there's a Sobeys here, the nearest Safeway is 115 km away and there's no Thriftys. I can't even trust that I'll spend $350 at BoM partners. Safeway also has the 150 bonus AM for a $150 Safeway GC (limit 5). My workaround will be this: I called my local Sobeys and they assured me STB applies to them (wrong, as confirmed with AM CSR supervisor), but, they said they will accept Safeway GCs. I plan on buying 3x$150 GCs at the Cranbrook Safeway. (+450AM) I'll use one to buy $50 worth of qualifying merchandise to get one partner count and I'll be assured of making my BoM limit. The balance, we'll use for our daily shopping at Sobeys locally. Sound logical? So many hoops this year! :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9422 posts
2307 upvotes
Scarberia
does sobeys have those blue friday bonus AMs promos every friday? i missed the last one... tia, i have to drive to ajax westney rd! they closed all of them in scarberia

also sobeys GC works at all other locations and vice versa right? i havne't shopped at UF, foodland since the last STB promo
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: does sobeys have those blue friday bonus AMs promos every friday? i missed the last one... tia, i have to drive to ajax westney rd! they closed all of them in scarberia

also sobeys GC works at all other locations and vice versa right? i havne't shopped at UF, foodland since the last STB promo
Blue Friday’s happen about once a month (sometimes they skip a month)
Last one was Black Friday = November 29th
Difficult to say if there will be on in December

Watch the Weekly Flyers though (Flipp is a good source)
Sobey’s has a lot of other decent promos that one can make good use of ... or STACK in one way or another

This week the Sobey’s Ontario Flyer is featuring 150 BAMs WU Buy $ 150 in Sobey’s Group GCs

Go in ... buy them
Then Use them same as Cash to earn more AMs on your purchases
(Like the STB Offer ... Spend $ 50 MIN ... Get 5x the Base AirMiles = 5 AMs / $ 20 Spent)

Awesome STACK
Turns that $ 150 Spent in GCs into 150 + 35 = 185 AMs on $ 150 of Groceries
PLUS any extra bonus miles from Flyer Promos, Store Promos, MY SOBEYs Offers etc

Sobey’s Group GCs are useable at ANY of the stores in Sobey’s Group Canadawide
From the Sobey’s website
Cards can be redeemed at Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, Safeway, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drugs, Needs, Fast Fuel and Price Chopper (ON) locations across Canada. Sobeys gift cards are accepted only in these IGA locations in B.C (1) 4823 – 50 Avenue , Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 (2) 5001 – 50 Avenue, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0 (3) 624-9 Avenue North, Golden, BC VOA 1HO
https://www.sobeys.com/en/gift-cards-every-occasion/
May 11, 2017
81 posts
51 upvotes
I cannot find the WIKI you sent me on how to make the order on airmilesshops. It was so helpful last time. I looked through STB website as well as AM website and don't see how to find it. Can you please tell me how to locate it?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Jerseygal wrote: I cannot find the WIKI you sent me on how to make the order on airmilesshops. It was so helpful last time. I looked through STB website as well as AM website and don't see how to find it. Can you please tell me how to locate it?
I VAGUELY recall this convo
But I will have to dig it up to remember exactly what I forwarded to you
I am away from my computer for awhile, so will have to follow up later tonight
Hope that’s ok
May 11, 2017
81 posts
51 upvotes
Thanks PointsHubby. I just went back through all the posts and found what I was looking for. No need to go digging but thanks anyway.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2698 posts
1572 upvotes
Langley
Did anyone get their STB bonus yet.. I still haven't received anything =/
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
jellytime wrote: Did anyone get their STB bonus yet.. I still haven't received anything =/
Too early.

STB 2019 was the same timeframe as STB 2018

And those BIG BONUS MILES were POSTED on Valentines Day ❤️ February 14th

I expect about the same this year

* NOTE - More importantly a lot of folks are patiently waiting on the AirMiles Shops.ca STB 2019 ... 50 BAMs to post
We are keeping an eye for them that they’ll be sooner than later
As they have UP TO 60 / 90 DAYS to POST from the end of the event (December 27th )

The BIG BONUS Miles will get held up for EVERYONE if the AMShops BAMs are delayed
As they need the AMShops.ca Reports to determine the 3/5/7 BIG BONUS Miles
Last year they POSTED extremely early ... end of January
And consequently the BIG BONUS BAMs were mid February

*fingers crossed* hoping for more of the same for STB 2019
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2698 posts
1572 upvotes
Langley
Great, thanks for that information. I guess i'll just have to wait like everyone else!
Jan 4, 2019
12 posts
7 upvotes
Jerseygal wrote: Thanks PointsHubby. I just went back through all the posts and found what I was looking for. No need to go digging but thanks anyway.
Are you able to post a link to this? I have a terrible time getting my points from airmiles shop. For STB I took a picture where I had logged into AMS. Points still haven't shown up from 27 Nov. Was one of my STB purchases. (Also Staples who constantly divide my order and put my amount totals down)
Dec 28, 2014
79 posts
11 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Hey i'm confused about this..i only got 50 bonus airmiles for the shop the block thing..i thought it was only 300, 500 or 1200? i fulfilled 7 for sure but i didn't even get the minimum 300 if that's the case...

all it says is this 20 Jan 20 YOURSHOPS.CA SHOP THE BLOCK +50
Feb 12, 2016
30 posts
30 upvotes
mdb1983 wrote: Hey i'm confused about this..i only got 50 bonus airmiles for the shop the block thing..i thought it was only 300, 500 or 1200? i fulfilled 7 for sure but i didn't even get the minimum 300 if that's the case...

all it says is this 20 Jan 20 YOURSHOPS.CA SHOP THE BLOCK +50
That's only the AMS coupon bonus, the big STB bonus is yet to post.
Dec 28, 2014
79 posts
11 upvotes
Victoria, BC
baconbits wrote: That's only the AMS coupon bonus, the big STB bonus is yet to post.
oh ok thanks for clearing that up