• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2007 7:45 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 25, 2003
808 posts
3 upvotes

A/C and BBQ Advice Please

With the closing date for our house quickly approaching (July 12) I thought I would see what the guys at RFD would recommend for a BBQ and A/C.

BBQ:
I bought the $4xx NexGrill from Costco, but I'm not too sure how I feel about it. I'm afraid that it's not going to last (stainless steel will yellow, rust, not very good heat, etc). Have you guys heard anything about these? Are there other BBQs that you would recommend around the $500 mark? I saw a nice Weber at Home Depot for about $560.

A/C:
Not even sure where to start looking for this one. The house is two stories and about 1800 sqaure feet. A store with financing would be nice too :D
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6507 posts
278 upvotes
A cheap "full size stainless steel bbq" with all the fancy stuff on it (rotisserie, ...) that's made in China won't last (ie: the one you bought). I'd return it and go buy a broil king / broil mate that should be within your budget. If you have a bit more $$, look at the napoleon. (all these are made in Canada and won't turn yellow). The weber would also be an excellent choice but I tend to favor stuff made in Canada when I can.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
I bought my Webber BBQ 3 years ago .It works great .But I have noticed the quality of Webber going down .If I were to get a BBQ now it would be Napoleon .
Mar 25, 2003
808 posts
3 upvotes
mart242 wrote: A cheap "full size stainless steel bbq" with all the fancy stuff on it (rotisserie, ...) that's made in China won't last (ie: the one you bought). I'd return it and go buy a broil king / broil mate that should be within your budget. If you have a bit more $$, look at the napoleon. (all these are made in Canada and won't turn yellow). The weber would also be an excellent choice but I tend to favor stuff made in Canada when I can.
Where would be a good place to look for a Broil King/Mate or Napoleon in the GTA, more specificall the Hamilton Area?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6507 posts
278 upvotes
bisk wrote: Where would be a good place to look for a Broil King/Mate or Napoleon in the GTA, more specificall the Hamilton Area?
I know that Home Hardware sells Napoleon.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1782 posts
740 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have one of those cheap china natural gas SS BBQ from hammer drop last yr for $399, so far so good, still looks new. And I used it very offen.
Mar 25, 2003
808 posts
3 upvotes
No one's seen any deals on A/C or BBQs?
Jul 9, 2003
371 posts
10 upvotes
I live in Hamilton and have been looking in to Broil King BBQ's.

Apparently Sears and Goemans Appliances (in Stoney Creek) sell them according to their website.

You can even look online at sears. ca , and they show them.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1330 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
I have a Webber thats about 8 years old, I leave it outside all winter to bbq. It does not have one bit of rust on it and in the spirng I pressure wash it and it looks new. The only thing I replaced is the regulator, the start is original and still works!
Jan 4, 2007
72 posts
Don't go with the big names.
When they break down they will cost you double to repair.
Keeprite is the brand I recommend.
Feb 9, 2005
934 posts
242 upvotes
If you're in a new subdivision, don't bother spending extra for an a/c that's quiet. If your neighbours already have one, it's probably from the builder which is definitely not your quietest.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)