Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

Car 7" In-Dash DVD Screen - $240

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2016 3:26 am
Tags:
Jan 12, 2011
325 posts
614 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] Car 7" In-Dash DVD Screen - $240

Freeway In-Dash 7" DVD Car Stereo - $239.99 - Reg. $349.99

Picked one of these up for my girlfriends car on wednesday, and I must say, I am impressed! The bluetooth works great with her phone, DVD playback is flawless, as well as Video playback from USB. I do recommend grounding the parking break wire (brown wire) so that you can play video while driving if you have a passenger/kids in the back. iPod control is handy too, and yes, it works with iPhone 4 (even though it doesn't state that it does on the box). C-Tire website claims the unit only has 45W x peak power, but the unit's box says 50W x 4. Anyhow, for those looking to add one of these to their car for a great price but are worried about the low-end brand name... don't be. This performs just as well as any Sony or JVC unit, but for a fraction of the price.

Specs:
- Double DIN
- DVD/iPod/DIVX/MPEG4/SD Slot/AUX/USB/MP3/WMA/CD/CD-R/CD-RW compatible
- Bluetooth for hands-free cell phone use
- Includes cable for full iPod control
- 50W x 4 peak power
- Slim Remote
- EQ Control - 4 Preset Equalizer Settings
- Display - 7.0" Touchscreen TFT Display
- Preouts - 2
42 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
still contemplating whether or not i should buy one from ebay for cheaper as this is $270 after tax
Feb 8, 2007
860 posts
317 upvotes
Does this have backup camera input?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
Bedboi wrote: still contemplating whether or not i should buy one from ebay for cheaper as this is $270 after tax

In all honesty, don't buy a chinese one from ebay. I bought one (Erising ES710G) or something... $300 shipped with gps. It is crap. Radio FM reception is garbage. I get static listening to channels anywhere (previous stock radio did not have this problem). bluetooth works but volume is off (callers will say they can barely hear you, even though volume is maxed on the radio). playing songs on usb suck, the touch screen is crap and doesnt always pickup your touch. gps... gps works, however it will mute your radio/usb/sd music for about 1/2 second whenever you touch a memu button, or scroll the map, or type a letter on the keyboard. extremely annoying. mine has a volume knob, the knob will randomly stop working. so sometimes i have to use the touch screen to mute or lower the volume. the piece is removable so i asked the seller for a replacement, he charged $15 bucks for it, and that stopped working a few weeks later. no that it is warmer, the radio randomly defaults into stock mode, so i turn the car on and all my gps settings are at default, including the chinese menus! if i want gps, i have to goto settings, select english, then identify where the gps software is on the sd card, then start the gps program. the installation, i took it to a professional shop, mostly went ok except the steering wheel controls. they didnt know how to splice the wires as it was poorly documented (both on the radio and on ford's side), so it was left unplugged. i really wanted that feature.

i think i covered most here, the radio static is very annoying, touch screen is annoying to with selecting usb songs (otherwise it is ok), gps mutes audio whenever you touch anything on the screen. all in all i thought i was going to get a decent deal and save myself some $$$, but i was wrong, a year later and i'm looking for a brand name replacement. very annoying when the gf gets frustrated trying to do basic things like you know, change the song.

read my words : do not buy it you will be disappointed. but if you really do want it, PM me, I'll give you a good deal :-)
Jan 12, 2011
325 posts
614 upvotes
xawaisx wrote: Does this have backup camera input?

I believe it does, I did not hook that up however, but I am positive it does.
Bedboi wrote: still contemplating whether or not i should buy one from ebay for cheaper as this is $270 after tax
I agree with the above poster. I would stick to buying it through a retailer. Freeway isn't exactly a well-known brand name but its better than buying something with NO brand name off ebay. Worst comes to worst you can take this back to C-Tire and get your money back at least, and honestly, even at $270 after tax it is still a great deal for one of these units. I haven't experienced ANY of the problems with this unit that the poster above had with his no name unit, so obviously the quality is better in these units.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1468 posts
990 upvotes
How is the bluetooth quality on this unit? I bought an Alpine IXA-W404 but maybe I will pick this unit up instead just to replace my stock head unit.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2458 posts
916 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know of a decently priced installation shop or can anyone recommend someone? Have an 06 honda accord. Would be nice addition from stock radio.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
Bedboi wrote: this is the one im thinking of getting. i am seriously thinking about it.
i really like all the specs on it especially the resolution @ 800 x 480

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I'm telling you dude, save your money for a brand name. you are going to be wasting your money. learn from my experience... all these chinese brands are similar.

installation ran me about $80 but they did want around $120.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2458 posts
916 upvotes
Toronto
deadice wrote: installation ran me about $80 but they did want around $120.
Where'd you go?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Don't buy crap from ebay on chiness crap your just wasting your money.

As for install it really aint hard to do and free lol just buy the mounting kit and harness..To ground the ebrake wire it depends on the brand and model but google is your friend.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
blazed16 wrote: To ground the ebrake wire it depends on the brand and model

to ground it i would just find a screw thats attached to metal (even the firewall if you can reach it) wrap it around the thread and put the screw back in
Dec 23, 2007
976 posts
450 upvotes
Winnipeg
If this thing had navigation ill'd probably go for it. I installed a pioneer double din into my other car and love the gps. Im looking for one now in my titan.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
deadice wrote: I'm telling you dude, save your money for a brand name. you are going to be wasting your money. learn from my experience... all these chinese brands are similar.

installation ran me about $80 but they did want around $120.
I agree with you fleabay will burn you
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
May 15, 2011
42 posts
5 upvotes
montreal
dont buy this junk
invest the extra money and get a name brand which actually comes with a warranty and sometimes you can get free installation

these products have horrible touch screen capabilities and the user interface

check out FS and BB and you can sometimes pick up a nice open box deal at their stores
Dec 25, 2010
88 posts
10 upvotes
El Paso, Texas
contemplating..........
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
Alpine or bust folks.

Save your money and buy a real unit.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2007
2065 posts
566 upvotes
Springfield
Is there a way to add gps to this unit? Maybe using an external bluetooth receiver or adding a gps socket card? A lot of these chinese dins units are sold with or without gps on ebay.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3818 posts
112 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
blazed16 wrote: Don't buy crap from ebay on chiness crap your just wasting your money.

As for install it really aint hard to do and free lol just buy the mounting kit and harness..To ground the ebrake wire it depends on the brand and model but google is your friend.
Cisco KId wrote: I agree with you fleabay will burn you
habbyjabby wrote: dont buy this junk
invest the extra money and get a name brand which actually comes with a warranty and sometimes you can get free installation

these products have horrible touch screen capabilities and the user interface

check out FS and BB and you can sometimes pick up a nice open box deal at their stores
Pauly Boy wrote: Alpine or bust folks.

Save your money and buy a real unit.
Well, 4 people in this thread know what they are talking about. Take their advice people. For the amount of time you spend in your car, you might as well get yourself something decent. I'm an alpine fan as well, but i would go with any name brand over this junk. Hell, even Panasonic or JVC HU's would be better than this junk 10 times over.