Investing

C:UAV Global UAV Technologies Ltd (DRONES INVESTMENT)

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2018 1:50 pm
Tags:
Banned
Dec 23, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes

C:UAV Global UAV Technologies Ltd (DRONES INVESTMENT)

Fundamental Data - UAV
C:UAV - Global UAV Technologies Ltd.
Shares Issued 89,503,180
Market Cap 16,111,000
thecse.com/en/listings/technology/global-uav-technologies.
Gloabluavtech.com.
global_uav_corp_presentation.pdf.

Anyone following this name? Its been breaking out finally after a long consolidation period where legacy holders of the previous company it got taken into dumped their shares (when they dropped the ball on a weed deal) and were adquired by patient value investors. Market finally wakening up on UAV its the best way to get a foothold on the drone services industry. V:FLT - Drone Delivery Canada Corp. has reached a mind blowing 272M mkt cap on nothing but hot air promo on a most likely non-viable business plan, no revenues, cash burn of 1.5M per quarter and spending on advertising like there was no tomorrow.

Opposed to this little UAV made 333k in revenues last Q with a small profit on its only 2nd Q of operations ever, has a clean capital structure (10M warrants at 10c are about gone now with the surge in volume sseen last week leaving the company with more than net 1M dollars on the books) and makrket cap stands at about 17M fully diluted.

Contrary to FLT which is selling a business plan that seems taken from an episode of Futurama, UAV shies away from adding drones to already congested space (delivery services, aereal photography....) and is actually replacing a dangerous, high-risk manned aviation job with a drone providing full-spectrum UAV-based surveys for industries such as mining and construction with jobs accomplished accross all America ( including South America recently where mining activity picks up as it decreases due to winter in North America, thus providing for a nice cushion against seasonallity effects on their revenue stream). Recently attended an invite only event to showcase in front of Canada´s National Research Council and various members of the Department of National Defence. Also was choosen by Fallen American Veterans Foundation Inc. to provide survey services and custom unmanned aerial vehicle solutions to aid in their efforts to search and recover United States military personnel missing in action worldwide. Also announced working with the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service and offices of Global Affairs Canada including the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Africa to expand its services and sales throughout Africa (01-04-2018 News Release). Just take the time to read their new releases stream as they are quite impressive:

.stockwatch.comUAV

Another aspect they are working on is Beyong Visual Line Of Sight (12-06-2017 News Release) operations together with Night Flight authorization (already granted). BVLOS represent the Holly Grail of drone services.

Currently there are NO BVLOS UAV operations granted in Canada and little UAV seems poised to be the first in line to get one as their newly appointed Director Mr. Steward Baillie (01-11-2018 News Release) played a major role in the development of the current sUAS design standard that is currently found in the Transport Canada staff instruction as well as the development of a similar regulatory proposal concerning sUAS for beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) operations while working at National Research Council (NRC) of Canada at the Flight Research Laboratory (FRL). Talk about getting the right guy for the job! The size and scope of the possibilities BVLOS opens up to the drone service providers holding such a license are summarized in this article : inside-bvlos

Upcoming financials should be very good again as 2 days ago one of their customers news released (https://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.as ... R&region=C a job made by UAV and this was included on it:

Pioneer has extensive experience flying UAV-based magnetometer and remote sensing surveys for the mining and exploration sector and has successfully flown over 12,000 line kilometres in surveys across North America.

Now from their 2Q MD&A (JUNE 29, 2017) we know they average about 100 bucks per km. flown: Pioneer Aerial completed these three aeromagnetic surveys using its proprietary UAV-MAGTM system. In excess of 900 line kilometers were flown, which resulted in $100,002 of revenue.

So at 12,000 km that equals to 1.2M in revenue when they only did 537,000 in revenue for first 3 quarters of the year (and became profitable on last quarer with 333k in revenue).

Do the math and UAV is clearly on a unparelleled growth and profitability trajectory in an explosive growth industry while having a nice clean share structure and is flush with cash to the tune of +1M dollars after 10c warrants conversions taking place now (TBA very soon by way of a NR).

A recipe for success IMHO.
8 replies
Banned
Dec 23, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
UAV update just out. Impressive to say the least:

UAVstockwatch

Global UAV will have several pre-conference meetings with the US Department of Defence, Industry and other stakeholders through introductions by the Canadian Trade Commissioner.

completion of contracts for multiple 'major' mining companies including Rio Tinto, New Gold, Osisko, SSR Mining and IAMGOLD.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2017
1226 posts
980 upvotes
GVA
SnoopDawg wrote: UAV update just out. Impressive to say the least:

UAVstockwatch

Global UAV will have several pre-conference meetings with the US Department of Defence, Industry and other stakeholders through introductions by the Canadian Trade Commissioner.

completion of contracts for multiple 'major' mining companies including Rio Tinto, New Gold, Osisko, SSR Mining and IAMGOLD.
thats about it... surviving by government contract
chinese factories can copy it overnight and produce it way cheaper, it is not some true high tech stuff...
Banned
Dec 23, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
I think Sum Ting might be Wong with Chinese drones....

Drone Maker D.J.I. May Be Sending Data to China, U.S. Officials Say

By PAUL MOZUR
New York Times
NOV. 29, 2017

A drone made by D.J.I. in a demonstration at the company’s headquarters in Shenzhen, China, last year. The company said accusations by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency that it shares sensitive information on American infrastructure with the Chinese government were false. Credit Qilai Shen/Bloomberg

SHANGHAI — D.J.I., the popular drone maker, stands as a symbol of China’s growing technology prowess. Its propeller-powered machines dominate global markets and buzz regularly over beaches, cityscapes at sunset and increasingly, power plants and government installations.

Now D.J.I. is fighting a claim by one United States government office that its commercial drones and software may be sending sensitive information about American infrastructure back to China, in the latest clash over the power of data in the growing technological rivalry between the two countries. It also shows how consumer technology companies have become increasingly central to debates about national security.

The company, formally named Da Jiang Innovations Science and Technology Company, put out a statement this month contesting the allegations made in a dispatch from United States customs officials. The memo, from the Los Angeles office of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement bureau, was dated in August but had begun to circulate online more recently.

It said officials had “moderate confidence” that the D.J.I.’s commercial drones and software are “providing U.S. critical infrastructure and law enforcement data to the Chinese government.” It cited what it called a reliable source, who it did not identify, in the drone industry “with first and secondhand access.”

In a statement, D.J.I. said the report was “based on clearly false and misleading claims.”

“The allegations in the bulletin are so profoundly wrong as a factual matter that ICE should consider withdrawing it, or at least correcting its unsupportable assertions,” the company said.

The I.C.E. memo focused on the drones used by companies and institutions, not the drones flown by hobbyists in the United States and elsewhere. D.J.I. dominates the overall drone market, with a nearly two-thirds share in the United States and Canada, according to Skylogic Research, a drone research firm. To grow beyond hobbyists, the company has been targeting commercial customers, like utilities, law enforcement and property developers.

The allegations could not be independently confirmed, and a spokeswoman for I.C.E. declined to comment. In a statement to The New York Times, a D.J.I. spokesman said that users can control how much access the company can have to their data and that it shares data only “pursuant to appropriate legal process.”

The accusations point to a broadening debate in both the United States and China over how to secure vast data reserves that are being vacuumed up by commercial technology companies. Likened by metaphor-minded tech types to gold or oil, data has become a hugely valuable way to suss out market trends and target ads.

Now equipped with remote sensing technology to monitor crops, infrared scanners to scrutinize power lines, cameras and tracking systems, drones — much like smartphones — are the stuff of espionage dreams. Customers often have little knowledge of where their data might end up, experts said, while D.J.I. and others give themselves considerable leeway in the fine print of their user agreements to transfer data across borders.

American intelligence and political circles are beginning to consider how companies and governments manage the data they collect. Given that major Chinese companies must maintain close ties to the government, new China tech players like D.J.I. have raised particular concerns.

This summer, the United States Army issued guidance calling for forces to stop using D.J.I. drones because of unspecified security vulnerabilities.

Yet those worries have not spread widely to customers, according to Colin Snow, chief executive of Skylogic.

D.J.I. has said that consumers have total control over whether to upload data, such as flight plans and video, to the company’s servers. Credit Kin Cheung/Associated Press

“Only those few who use drones around critical infrastructure are concerned and chose not to use D.J.I.,” Mr. Snow said in an email. “The rest don’t care because of the price/benefit of D.J.I. aircraft.”

Chinese officials expressed similar concerns in the wake of Edward J. Snowden’s disclosures that American companies aid in Washington’s electronic espionage efforts. A recent cybersecurity law calls for companies like Microsoft and Apple to store data within China’s borders. Earlier this year Apple said it would build a new data center in China to meet that requirement.

The I.C.E. memo listed what it said were a number of examples of D.J.I. drones used in potentially sensitive areas. It said that a Department of Homeland Security facility built to study diseases that threaten American agriculture and public health used D.J.I. drones to assist with construction layout and security. The agency did not respond to a request for comment.

Newsletter Sign Up Continue reading the main story Interested in All Things Tech?The daily Bits newsletter will keep you updated on the latest from Silicon Valley and the technology industry, plus exclusive analysis from our reporters and editors.

The memo said in other cases, water reserves, power plants, rail hubs and other large-scale infrastructure were often monitored by Chinese-made drones.

“Much of the information collected includes proprietary and sensitive critical infrastructure data, such as detailed imagery of power control panels, security measures for critical infrastructure sites, or materials used in bridge construction,” the memo said.

D.J.I. said that consumers have total control over whether to upload data, such as flight plans and video, to the company’s servers. Yet like many apps, the company’s software encourages such uploads. D.J.I.’s app offers an automatic function to store user flight logs periodically, though it can be turned off. Out of concerns about data protection, the company added a feature last year that allows a drone pilot to cut off any connection to the outside internet while flying.

A new D.J.I. product set up to help large companies, government agencies, farms and law enforcement manage drones, uploads a large amount of critical data — like flight plans, video and location — to servers. D.J.I. said it was working out the terms of service for the product, and will likely include an option to allow companies to store data to their own servers.

Similar concerns have emerged in China over Apple’s products. In particular, state-run media have showed how the iPhone keeps track of a user’s commonly visited locations. Turning off the function requires a journey deep into the phone’s settings. Apple has said it has strong data privacy and security protections in place in China.

For D.J.I., questions about its data storage practices are not new. Last year company officials told The New York Times that it complied with Chinese government requests to hand over data it collects in China and Hong Kong.

More recently, one security expert recently outlined how D.J.I. left key digital information accessible to the public that could allow someone to look at customer data on its servers, including military and government flight logs. In a statement, D.J.I. said it hired an independent cybersecurity firm to investigate the report and the impact of any unauthorized access to consumer data.

Dan Tentler, founder of Phobos Group, a computer-security company, said such weaknesses were often a bad sign.

“In my experience doing security assessments I’ve never found a massive pile of egregiously staggering security problems somewhere to then find a shining, palace of hardened impenetrable security elsewhere in the org,” he wrote in a Twitter message.

In terms of companies with major security vulnerabilities in one part of the company, he added, “it’ll be a Dumpster fire the whole way through.”

Correction: November 29, 2017
An earlier version of this article gave the wrong surname for the chief executive of Skylogic, a drone research firm. He is Colin Snow, not Pine.

Follow Paul Mozur on Twitter: @paulmozur

A version of this article appears in print on November 30, 2017, on Page B1 of the New York edition with the headline: Drone Maker From China Clashes With U.S. Over Data.

nytimes.com
Banned
Dec 23, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
And no, UAV has had not a single job done for any government yet, maybe try getting your head around the business model first before posting? You make it sound like UAV is just a drone manufacturer. Take your time to do your DD. Cheers
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1502 posts
905 upvotes
Edmonton
This play's value has been sliced in half...at least have the balls to tell people when you sold
Aug 24, 2006
734 posts
155 upvotes
Scarborough
SnoopDawg wrote: UAV new 52w high close up 20% at 21c
$0.10 now.... Snoop when is the next pump ?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
3138 posts
2299 upvotes
Snoop's banned, don't think we will be hearing much from him.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)