90 upvotes
Barrie
Just wanna subscribe, i'd love to try this
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2008
3215 posts
6905 upvotes
Oakville
Doesn't list Canada,mot even buffalo!Mby whole foods has similar?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
what's so special about these guys, compared to other coco water available to us here?

i do love some cold coco water during a hot summer day.
probably my favourite drink during the summer.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1722 posts
90 upvotes
Barrie
ippon wrote: what's so special about these guys, compared to other coco water available to us here?

i do love some cold coco water during a hot summer day.
probably my favourite drink during the summer.

I've never seen any coco water anywhere, and i've never tried it, where do you get it from?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
chickibum wrote: I've never seen any coco water anywhere, and i've never tried it, where do you get it from?

fresh green coconuts surface quite often at chinatown in toronto. they'll chop off the top for you on the spot. usually 2 for $3. and once you finish the water, you can go back and ask them to crack it is half, so you can get at the meat.

as far as canned water goes, they're quite common. any big supermarket chains carry them, no frills, lowblaws, metro, etc.

i usually get mine from chinese markets, as i like the water with young coconut meat, not the mature hard meat. the ones found in domestic supermarkets are usually the grace brand with mature meat.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1722 posts
90 upvotes
Barrie
Cool, Thanks ippon!! I wanna try it fresh, sounds yum! I'll be on the hunt tomorrow :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
chickibum wrote: Cool, Thanks ippon!! I wanna try it fresh, sounds yum! I'll be on the hunt tomorrow :)
if you are going to check out toronto's chinatown, there's a chinese grocery at the north west side of spadina and dundas. i forget the name but, it's easy to spot. the store is sort of a half basement and it is one of the biggest stores in chinatown. they have a huge fruit stand outside and the coconuts are sold outside by the stand.

they don't always have it though, but do stock them often. your chances are 50/50. well, maybe less, as it is winter. coco water isn't very popular in winter.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1722 posts
90 upvotes
Barrie
Yeah I was wondering if it would be harder to get in winter, thanks for the rec, i'll def go and check it out. Hopefully they have it :)
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
ippon wrote: what's so special about these guys, compared to other coco water available to us here?

C2O has a single ingredient: natural young coconut water. This one and any other canned coconut water I've seen has added sugar and preservative crap.

The only 100% natural ones I'm aware of (except straight through a straw from a fresh young Brazilian coconut which are not on every street corner in Ottawa in December) are:
Zico
Vita Coco
C2O
and O.N.E

I've been wanting to try C2O for a while but if anyone knows where I can buy any of the 4 in Canada LMK.

For those who don't know, 100% coconut water has as much electrolytes than Gatorade without the refined sugar.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2664 posts
220 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: C2O has a single ingredient: natural young coconut water. This one and any other canned coconut water I've seen has added sugar and preservative crap.

The only 100% natural ones I'm aware of (except straight through a straw from a fresh young Brazilian coconut which are not on every street corner in Ottawa in December) are:
Zico
Vita Coco
C2O
and O.N.E

I've been wanting to try C2O for a while but if anyone knows where I can buy any of the 4 in Canada LMK.

For those who don't know, 100% coconut water has as much electrolytes than Gatorade without the refined sugar.

Goto the West Indian stores. They sell coconut water without all the preservative crap. They will usually have it frozen and some thawed if you want to drink right away

All the can stuff they always add sugar
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
Cas77 wrote: C2O has a single ingredient: natural young coconut water. This one and any other canned coconut water I've seen has added sugar and preservative crap.

Zico
Vita Coco
C2O
and O.N.E

just don't drink too much.
i think the limit was 3-4 per day, before it starts to give you 'stomach troubles'.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3409 posts
223 upvotes
Essence of life organic just started selling it. Regular and pulp. 1st time I ever have seen it in Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
7180 posts
243 upvotes
Eh, it's funny coconut water turning into a health thing. Anyways, never seen this brand, but bought a brand from no frills that just listed coconut water as an ingredient, and it tasted great. PC now has a coconut water but it says it's from concentrate. This was sold in a tetra box type container.

edit: the brand was ufc.
Nov 16, 2010
274 posts
35 upvotes
Scarborough
The vita coco taste like old coconut water. I tried ONE coco, those taste way better than vita coco. I haven't tried the other brands. I used to get one big, young and fresh coconut from a nearby farmer or farmer's market every week for 10 years in south amercia and the Caribbean combine. I got a lot of experience to tell which brand taste like crap among them.
Dec 28, 2012
2 posts
BRAMPTON
You can buy it at wholefoods Mississauga at Square One. I get it every weekend

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)