Hot Deals

[CAA] 2 Basic Memberships + $10 Petro-Canada GC - $69 (Ontario only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2018 3:59 pm
Tags:
Jan 4, 2010
177 posts
48 upvotes
Waterloo
I have been using basic caa since I got my license and it's definitely worth it for me. I have only used it once because I forgot my keys in the car but the other times I have helped out family members while I was on the road with them.
Oct 15, 2006
329 posts
61 upvotes
North Vancouver
I would be all over this is it was BC. I drive 2 cars out of warranty, and drive my tank down to near empty ( I know, I know). I'm worried some day the battery will die, or something else...or I will lock myself out (we only have 1 KEY per car, and they're CHIP keys and cost like $500 to replace). So, personally, to me, it would be worth it.
Nov 13, 2006
568 posts
104 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Lmao -15... Y'all are savage.

If there was a 2-for offer for BCAA I'd hop on that in a second. I've been a basic member for a few years, haven't really used their services thus far but going to take advantage of the Swiss Chalet dinner perk later today, as a matter of fact Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Beware the RFD Effect
[OP]
Nov 28, 2006
369 posts
44 upvotes
Vaughan
thanks for the rating- Just proves that alot of rfd users are losers.

thanks mods for fixing my title lol.

should of never gave you guys any deals. people begin to argue about the validity of a basic membership but if your loved one or you have a flat tire on the side of the 401 you're going to remember this post!
Aug 30, 2007
44 posts
16 upvotes
Are there any deals on caa plus? or a way to take advantage of this and upgrade?
Jan 1, 2018
17 posts
3 upvotes
Do not get CAA basic, get the plus. It's worth the extra few bucks.

With the basic you only get 10km per tow then you'll get overcharged for the extra and the extra will be more than what you would have paid for the plus.
I'm 29
Sep 13, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone know if this membership is valid when claiming a goodlife corporate discount? I don’t drive but if I save $$ on my gym membership. Sorry if this is a stupid question
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4438 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
bigv44 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:22 pm
Are there any deals on caa plus? or a way to take advantage of this and upgrade?
They sent out random free upgrade to Plus. When your membership is 6 to 8 months already (but I am not saying every member will get a free upgrade).
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4438 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
sooksook wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 3:56 pm
Lmao -15... Y'all are savage.

If there was a 2-for offer for BCAA I'd hop on that in a second. I've been a basic member for a few years, haven't really used their services thus far but going to take advantage of the Swiss Chalet dinner perk later today, as a matter of fact Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
How do you obtain the Swiss Chalet perk?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8857 posts
668 upvotes
cgtlky wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 8:12 pm
How do you obtain the Swiss Chalet perk?
I assume you just tell Swiss Chalet and show them your CAA card? Dunno, but sometimes depending on location the Swiss Chalet are pricks and put up a fight with coupons on the phone.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jun 14, 2011
111 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 1:38 pm
CAA basic is useless.
only includes 10km towing. and they charge you for the distance above 10km. and i guarantee you that amount will be more than the $30 extra it takes to buy CAA Plus instead of Basic.
It's $44 more, so if you need 1 tow a year, you're still ahead on basic.

I've used it twice the past 2 weeks on 2 cars, one for them to replace a battery new years day, one for a jump start which got me home to use the other car to go to costco and buy a battery. This cold snap really hurt.. Great service both times and no tow needed.

It may not be for you, but calling it useless is pretty unfair, I'm willing to gamble I won't need 2 tows this year.
Nov 23, 2014
38 posts
17 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I've seen this offer in the past but instead of a gas card they offered a truck organizer. I've had the plus membership for years and have had good service.

Things to note when ppl compare CAA and CT road service:

-CAA covers motorcycles on plus plans and above, CT does not.
-CAA has bicycle assist with all their memberships.
-CAA covers dually trucks something CT states they don't.
-CAA you can get coverage for trailers and RV's something CT does not offer.

When choosing between companies it depends on driving habits of the individual and household requirements.
Last edited by dospat on Jan 8th, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9486 posts
1693 upvotes
I have had plus for years, I have a 100 km commute to work, so it has paid for itself and then on top of that, provided piece of mind. Near the end of the year, I have calls available still, so I sometimes help others.
Even the basic, for "cheap"er movie passes (similar to Costco pricing), hotel discounts (my CAA discount is usually cheaper than gov't rates, usually save $20 to $30 easily per night), and other CAA perks.

If I truly embraced the RFD way, near the end of the year, I should be calling and saying I am out of fuel... free gas, that i have passed up for years.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.