Expired Hot Deals

[CAA] 2 Basic Memberships + $10 Petro-Canada GC - $69 (Ontario only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2018 3:59 pm
Tags:
Sep 23, 2010
118 posts
59 upvotes
T Dot
dospat wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:56 pm
I've seen this offer in the past but instead of a gas card they offered a truck organizer. I've had the plus membership for years and have had good service.

Things to note when ppl compare CAA and CT road service:

-CAA covers motorcycles on plus plans and above, CT does not.
-CAA has bicycle assist with all their memberships.
-CAA covers dually trucks something CT states they don't.
-CAA you can get coverage for trailers and RV's something CT does not offer.

When choosing between companies it depends on driving habits of the individual and household requirements.
Agreed with @dospat
Didn't even realize that CT had a program. Just checking it out now and for those who aren't aware, a big difference is CAA covers the person and CT covers the vehicle. At first glance I'd say that it's hard to compare plans but I like the fact that CT has unlimited towing to any CT Service Centre.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
1103 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if upgrading to Plus is instantaneous, or will it require a certain time to lapse before coming into effect? i.e. Can I upgrade to Plus only when I encounter a situation when I need it like being well outside the 10km towing radius.

I just got a direct (postal) mail from CAA - $59 for 2 basic memberships, which makes it possibly a little better than this deal depending on your relationship with PetroCan and gas prices.

Update:
The closest thing I can find to answer my question above is this line from their site: https://www.caasco.com/Membership-and-S ... efits.aspx

"We offer three types of memberships: Basic, Plus and Premier. Members can upgrade at any time."
Nov 23, 2014
42 posts
17 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Ayumix wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:53 pm
Does anyone know if upgrading to Plus is instantaneous, or will it require a certain time to lapse before coming into effect? i.e. Can I upgrade to Plus only when I encounter a situation when I need it like being well outside the 10km towing radius.

I just got a direct (postal) mail from CAA - $59 for 2 basic memberships, which makes it possibly a little better than this deal depending on your relationship with PetroCan and gas prices.

Update:
The closest thing I can find to answer my question above is this line from their site: https://www.caasco.com/Membership-and-S ... efits.aspx

"We offer three types of memberships: Basic, Plus and Premier. Members can upgrade at any time."
The wait period is 24 hours when upgrading from basic to plus or premier.
Aug 9, 2005
754 posts
271 upvotes
Ayumix wrote:
Got a mail offer today as well: 71+tx for 2 basics, w/$10 Petro gift card, $10 off with renewal. So actual cost would be $80.23-$10-$10 = $60.23 (or a little less if the $10 auto-renewal is applied pre-tax).
The trunk organizer was about a $15-$20 value, but if you didn't need one, the GC is obviously better.

My question is: Can you get them to work out a better deal if you don't need the 2nd membership? It also says we save the "$12 enrolment fee" - is that really a thing?
I don't downvote. Why? Karma.
Jun 24, 2008
58 posts
5 upvotes
Thornhill
Is there a specific code from the mail offer or is it a generic one?
Ayumix wrote:

Update:

Dec 6, 2012
158 posts
47 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
1sykcoupe wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:17 pm
thanks for the rating- Just proves that alot of rfd users are losers.

thanks mods for fixing my title lol.

should of never gave you guys any deals. people begin to argue about the validity of a basic membership but if your loved one or you have a flat tire on the side of the 401 you're going to remember this post!
Thanks OP.

I have been looking for a deal like this. I just need it for battery boost, flat tire, locking keys inside car or fuel delivery. I don't worry about the tow distance too much.

Most People think CAA membership is just for tow only. They forget they provide other services too and the membership perks.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8513 posts
1773 upvotes
London
aquaman123 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:21 am
Just checking it out now and for those who aren't aware, a big difference is CAA covers the person and CT covers the vehicle.
So if you have 4 drivers, but 2 cars, you need 4 plans, but only 2 with CT.

And before anyone says anything, they specifically say the cardholder needs to be present and memberships are not transferable.
Nov 23, 2014
42 posts
17 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
dokechi wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 2:59 am
Got a mail offer today as well: 71+tx for 2 basics, w/$10 Petro gift card, $10 off with renewal. So actual cost would be $80.23-$10-$10 = $60.23 (or a little less if the $10 auto-renewal is applied pre-tax).
The trunk organizer was about a $15-$20 value, but if you didn't need one, the GC is obviously better.

My question is: Can you get them to work out a better deal if you don't need the 2nd membership? It also says we save the "$12 enrolment fee" - is that really a thing?
They wont negotiate a lower price for the basic membership. The logic is you're paying for one and getting the second one free of charge. However, if you need plus coverage and don't want the second free basic membership included in the promo you should be able to get plus coverage for approx $107.82 tax inc. You can still use the $10 off for auto renewal bringing the total to approx $97.82 and you still get the $10 petro gas card.

The $12 enrollment fee was part of the initial sign up cost but they dont charge for it anymore.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
1103 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
dvdplayer wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:41 am
Is there a specific code from the mail offer or is it a generic one?
It was a targeted mailing - came with a pre-printed temporary card (with my name etc) and a generic supplemental card. There wasn't any code on the mailing that could be used online. Maybe a rep can give you a similar promo if you mention it?
Nov 13, 2006
716 posts
148 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
cgtlky wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 8:12 pm
How do you obtain the Swiss Chalet perk?
It's listed in the restaurant promos on the CAA site, but mind you I am out west so I'm not sure if the deals are the same for different regions:

https://portal.caarewards.ca/bcaa/offer ... et-305938/

I had never been to Swiss Chalet before but I saw the coupon so I made an order for the 2 can dine for $15.99 perk. The instructions say if you make the order online, which I did, to just inform the cashier that you're a member and they'll apply the discount. I show up and they tell me that the perk has changed as of 2018 and they're no longer offering that particular discount. Had to get a manager involved for them to honour it as a one time courtesy. What a gong show, lol.
Beware the RFD Effect
Nov 25, 2017
268 posts
114 upvotes
If this is from 2016, do you think it will last even longer. I am not due to renew until March