Expired Hot Deals

[CAA] CAA Member + Non Member Ticket Discounts for the CIAS (Canadian International Autoshow)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2018 4:54 pm
Sep 26, 2012
302 posts
90 upvotes
Thornhill
cjam wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 7:33 pm
Thanks op.

Looking to buy a car. Can anyone tell me if there are deals to be had at the show?
I got the same question, I'm looking to get a Highlander this year after my current lease is up. Is autoshow a good place to buy or reserve a car? Would it usually be cheaper than negotiate in a dealer? Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4411 posts
2184 upvotes
Kitchener
cjam wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 7:33 pm
Thanks op.

Looking to buy a car. Can anyone tell me if there are deals to be had at the show?
Hopefully there's a discount on an EV, which can be combined with the $14k Ontario incentive as well as the $2500-$3000 per year discount you'd realize on fuel, maintenance & insurance costs. It's a GREAT time to be in the market for a new car in Ontario. I'm getting 2 new ones this year.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30380 posts
7493 upvotes
GTHA
IntrepidRT wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 12:01 pm
I'll be working all 10 days at the Plug & Drive EV ride & drive alternating between the MTCC south & north buildings. Basically the public will be allowed to register and take free test drives of the 13 EV's we'll have there to experience them. No sales people, mostly EV owners staffing the booths. No Tesla's.......but lots of very affordable EV's to drive like the 2018 Leaf, Bolt, Volt, Pacifica Hybrid, Outlander PHEV, Fusion Energi, etc. Lineups will likely be VERY LONG to test drive the '18 Leaf & Outlander PHEV being that they're brand new vehicles on the market.
Tesla’s are expected to make an appearance in Auto Exotica...

The mission statement of this AutoShow is The New Movement, and, for instance, eight manufacturers will have 14 electric cars and hybrids at the convention centre for attendees to take for test drives on indoor tracks. And that’s not to mention the automakers who will have EVs as part of their displays or in other locations, such as Tesla’s expected appearance in Auto Exotica.

from https://www.thestar.com/autos/opinion/2 ... tesla.html
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4411 posts
2184 upvotes
Kitchener
No Teslas for test drives, apparently Tesla will have a booth.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1085 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
bk2the6ix wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 8:49 am
does anyone know what the crowds are like on the Super Tuesday?
Also curious about this since I'm planning to go on Super Tuesday...

If anyone can answer, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Apr 10, 2017
335 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
All state links allow random numbers. I tried 123456789 and it worked :-)
Jan 18, 2014
96 posts
67 upvotes
Markham
baijuxp wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 6:36 pm
All state links allow random numbers. I tried 123456789 and it worked :-)
Thanks it worked great! Tried with other random numbers but only 123456789 worked
Aug 12, 2008
38 posts
8 upvotes
superduder wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 9:20 pm

I got the same question, I'm looking to get a Highlander this year after my current lease is up. Is autoshow a good place to buy or reserve a car? Would it usually be cheaper than negotiate in a dealer? Thanks
genrally, there are sales people working at the respective booths, as well as promo reps. I don’t think they actually sell cars? But I could be wrong.

Something to keep in mind. I know JLR and Cadillac offered $500-$2500 (depending on model) if you signed up for their email list. Usually a mfg rebate. If you hate spam, just create a new email and visit the mfg’s that you’re mainly looking for? Really that’s the only reason I’m going. Easy way to save $500+.

Can anyone confirm any other mfgs that you’ve gotten deals from?
Last edited by Holeecow on Feb 13th, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1716 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:32 pm
Pre-register for your electric car test drive by visiting http://eventregistration.plugndrive.ca

So I completed the long sign up, but at the end the next page said that "Full sign up".

Talk about RFD effect, did you guys have that many sign ups already? Damn!
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30380 posts
7493 upvotes
GTHA
some1not wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:00 pm
So I completed the long sign up, but at the end the next page said that "Full sign up".

Talk about RFD effect, did you guys have that many sign ups already? Damn!
Ask @IntrepidRT, he is working at the Plug & Drive EV ride & drive
Mar 9, 2014
42 posts
33 upvotes
Oakville ON
I finished signing up for the Full Sign Up. It was successful, but didn't give me any instructions on what to do next. I assume I just show up and give them my name.