Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CAA Ontario

Plus Membership (4x200km Tow) - $79/yr + $10 PetroCan GC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 10:36 am
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1206 posts
360 upvotes
TORONTO
My renewal coming up end of Aug. I call for any promotion for renewal and no luck.
She offers some Petro points (she did not say how much) if I pay $114 + tax.
So I cancel it after 25 years with them as CAA plus member.
And I wait a few months for another promotion for new join member.
Oct 23, 2005
684 posts
257 upvotes
we received the membership card this week... but there is no gift card as mentioned in OP..... where/how would i find the Petro GC?
Aug 20, 2003
492 posts
351 upvotes
Markham
w11x22 wrote: How did you get it?
I tried online and calling but they would like to know the name of the promo etc.....
I mentioned the details of promo from the OPs original post and they knew exactly what to do...i didn't have to reference any codes or be on a mailing list to get it...perhaps i was lucky.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2820 posts
458 upvotes
I tried twice and couldn't replicate the deal today... although I was offered $96+ including HST by leaving a credit card on file (auto renew) and a second membership is $42.
Jul 15, 2016
15 posts
11 upvotes
Just called and got through almost instantly. First rep knew exactly what I was talking about and the whole process took under 10 minutes. I'm in Mississauga, for those that couldn't get it keep trying. Perfect timing on this deal as I was looking for options to tow two vehicles. Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Thanks OP. Called on Tuesday and was able to get the deal. The CSR knew exactly after I told him $10 auto pay and $1@ Peter card. He even told me to hold on while he add the petro card promo because they usually forget. So I hope I get it in the mail next week with my CAA membership.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Aug 17, 2017
40 posts
30 upvotes
Thanks OP, got is as well! I almost cheap'd out and wanted to wait for CT Gold Membership for 50 bucks. But +20 dollars isn't that bad. $79 is already considered cheap for me considering it's a service for emergencies.

+ Make sure you remind customer service of the $10 Petro GC. They have to manually add it, takes a couple minutes.
Jun 10, 2016
641 posts
585 upvotes
Whitby
how is this better than the Canadian Tire Gold plan ?
Dec 20, 2006
529 posts
177 upvotes
Called today, they won't give me the offer Neutral Face
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3791 posts
297 upvotes
YUL
EmmEmm wrote: how is this better than the Canadian Tire Gold plan ?
Exactly. There's no reason to pay for a CAA plan, unless you are unable to get the Triangle Wold Elite Mastercard.
The Canaidan Tire Gold plan has 5 x 250km tows per year, plus unlimited tows to any Canadian Tire within 250km.
Mar 12, 2008
723 posts
228 upvotes
Windsor
twotterdhc6 wrote: Exactly. There's no reason to pay for a CAA plan, unless you are unable to get the Triangle Wold Elite Mastercard.
The Canaidan Tire Gold plan has 5 x 250km tows per year, plus unlimited tows to any Canadian Tire within 250km.
Even if they pay me money to have it towed to Canadian Tire, I would not.........Had some very very bad experience and also some horror stories from other people too.
Aug 17, 2017
40 posts
30 upvotes
It's not but if you need a service call before the Canadian Tire deal comes out then you would've wished you had it. Canadian Tire's WE card doesn't work out for me.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3791 posts
297 upvotes
YUL
w11x22 wrote: Even if they pay me money to have it towed to Canadian Tire, I would not.........Had some very very bad experience and also some horror stories from other people too.
Sure, but consider it as last resort, after you use up the 5 tows (to anywhere) per year.
Compared to 4 tows from CAA.
SkylineGTRB26 wrote: It's not but if you need a service call before the Canadian Tire deal comes out then you would've wished you had it. Canadian Tire's WE card doesn't work out for me.
But it's a free card! Just never use the credit card if it "doesn't work out" for you.
Jun 10, 2016
641 posts
585 upvotes
Whitby
SkylineGTRB26 wrote: It's not but if you need a service call before the Canadian Tire deal comes out then you would've wished you had it. Canadian Tire's WE card doesn't work out for me.
there is no Canadian Tire deal to wait. its a free card and almost anyone can get it. they will not pull a credit check if you have any CT credit card. it would just be the upgrade and you can enjoy all the benefits, some even more than CAA, on any car you drive anywhere in Canada and the US.
Aug 17, 2017
40 posts
30 upvotes
EmmEmm wrote: there is no Canadian Tire deal to wait. its a free card and almost anyone can get it. they will not pull a credit check if you have any CT credit card. it would just be the upgrade and you can enjoy all the benefits, some even more than CAA, on any car you drive anywhere in Canada and the US.
twotterdhc6 wrote: Sure, but consider it as last resort, after you use up the 5 tows (to anywhere) per year.
Compared to 4 tows from CAA.

But it's a free card! Just never use the credit card if it "doesn't work out" for you.
EmmEmm wrote: there is no Canadian Tire deal to wait. its a free card and almost anyone can get it. they will not pull a credit check if you have any CT credit card. it would just be the upgrade and you can enjoy all the benefits, some even more than CAA, on any car you drive anywhere in Canada and the US.

Thank you! Just applied, hopefully I get it. Good thing CAA allows me 30 days for a refund.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
so the car has to be under your name or it can be any car, say i sign up under my moms name but i drive the car and need caa?

i got a letter from caa, promo is 59$ for 2 name membership
basic associate member

https://www.caasco.com/OM/DM-Join/BONUS ... onusmember

is that better then this deal?

basically want to tow a disabled family car thats in my driveway, we need the space
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: so the car has to be under your name or it can be any car, say i sign up under my moms name but i drive the car and need caa?

i got a letter from caa, promo is 59$ for 2 name membership
basic associate member

https://www.caasco.com/OM/DM-Join/BONUS ... onusmember

is that better then this deal?

basically want to tow a disabled family car thats in my driveway, we need the space
They will tow the car even if it it not under your name. But towing a disable car to pound is not reimbursable.

If the CAA membership is under your mom's name and you are driving it does not matter, but if somethings happen (let say car breakdown), the receipt submitted MUST under your mom's name, else no reimbursement will b given.

The 2 for $59 is 2 basic members up to 10km free towing only.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
damn, so better to have to my name on the account as im the main driver if i do the plus membership
re: disabled car, it just has a dead battery i think i miss coined it...the car has valid plates and insurance so its reimbursable?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5427 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
It covers the motorcycles as well. CT doesn't.
Jun 10, 2016
641 posts
585 upvotes
Whitby
Tommy74 wrote: It covers the motorcycles as well. CT doesn't.
and only 3% Canucks have motorbikes !!