Expired Hot Deals

[Cabelas] Bushmaster QRC Quick Response Carbine Semiautomatic Tactical Rifle with Mini Red Dot .223,-RPAL NEEDED--$699.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2019 9:52 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1083 posts
785 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:11 am
There are lobby groups working on this problem, huntsmen and casuals alike are trying to crack this nut.

What are folks' opinion on this guy? The aesthetics aren't bad, but functionally, is it decent? Resilient? Price-wise, it seems luke warm.
This is a great platform to start off with modding the AR platform cause it's cheap.

I bought this last year when Bushmaster had the $150 mail in rebate and then took it apart and swapped out some parts. It was cheap enough that I didn't mind if I scratched it up (as I didn't really have the proper vice block for AR) but it all worked out and I learned a lot about AR modifications without spending too much money on the base rifle.

Functionally it's great, the only complaint I have is the trigger is a but on the rough side as compared to my S&W M&P Sport II but otherwise, very solid construction and accurate.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12317 posts
12780 upvotes
amkorp wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:21 am
This is a great platform to start off with modding the AR platform cause it's cheap.

I bought this last year when Bushmaster had the $150 mail in rebate and then took it apart and swapped out some parts. It was cheap enough that I didn't mind if I scratched it up (as I didn't really have the proper vice block for AR) but it all worked out and I learned a lot about AR modifications without spending too much money on the base rifle.
Did any of the modifications remove the RPAL requirement... or were you going full tactical with your mods?
Jan 23, 2017
61 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:22 am
Did any of the modifications remove the RPAL requirement... or were you going full tactical with your mods?
I'm not sure you understand how the restriction works... the restriction is on the receiver and receiver only. I've got just a receiver in my safe atm and its technically registered as a restricted (un-built)
"Who do you think you are, I am!" -Pete Weber
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3915 posts
655 upvotes
Gtabuddy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 8:24 am
When I move to the U.S (Texas) is this able to be converted to full auto?
No .
Jan 19, 2017
367 posts
593 upvotes
Will the semi automatic be good enough for my spray and pray tactic? I am really bad with aim but if i can get into a group of deer and just close my eyes and squeeze i might get something!
Jan 23, 2017
61 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
RedSwagDeals wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:51 am
Will the semi automatic be good enough for my spray and pray tactic? I am really bad with aim but if i can get into a group of deer and just close my eyes and squeeze i might get something!
Please don't do this! Hunting still has an ethical side to it. Spraying bullets and wounding but not killing animals is not a good time. Practice and zero in your rifle, use a bi/tripod if you need it. These are living creatures and deserve the respect to be put down properly and quickly.

AND you cant hunt with a restricted firearm anyways.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1083 posts
785 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:22 am
Not really full tactical since there is nothing tactical about range target shooting.

Just a free float hand guard for a different aesthetic look
Different flash hider also mostly looks but also a bit of accuracy
Magpul BAD lever to make bolt lock and release easier and quicker (can be done with trigger finger while it's still inside the trigger guard)
AR/223 scope for longer range targets <- this was a good upgrade because the rifle comes with a flat top rail section and adding the free float hand guard extended that rail all the way to the front of the barrel so lining everything up properly and making sure it's level and square was good practice otherwise accuracy of the scope would suffer.
Mil-spec buffer tube because this rifle comes with a commercial size buffer tube.

The most difficult parts of AR15 modding are barrel (removal), hand guard (removal) and buffer tube (removal). I was able to practice 2 of the 3 on a sub $500 rifle and that's with no vice block, which I highly recommend if you're going to be working on any of the above 3 parts.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1083 posts
785 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
RedSwagDeals wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:51 am
I don't think you know what semi-automatic actually means. But good try pretending though. :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
29582 posts
15420 upvotes
Ottawa
moundie wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:55 am
Please don't do this! Hunting still has an ethical side to it. Spraying bullets and wounding but not killing animals is not a good time. Practice and zero in your rifle, use a bi/tripod if you need it. These are living creatures and deserve the respect to be put down properly and quickly.

He's just trolling/
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12317 posts
12780 upvotes
moundie wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:55 am

Guaranteed troll, but thank you for standing up for hunters.

God bless.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12317 posts
12780 upvotes
moundie wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:36 am
I'm not sure you understand how the restriction works... the restriction is on the receiver and receiver only. I've got just a receiver in my safe atm and its technically registered as a restricted (un-built)
You are correct, I do not know all about RPAL, but these threads are great education.
amkorp wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:56 am
Not really full tactical since there is nothing tactical about range target shooting.

Just a free float hand guard for a different aesthetic look
Different flash hider also mostly looks but also a bit of accuracy
Magpul BAD lever to make bolt lock and release easier and quicker (can be done with trigger finger while it's still inside the trigger guard)
AR/223 scope for longer range targets <- this was a good upgrade because the rifle comes with a flat top rail section and adding the free float hand guard extended that rail all the way to the front of the barrel so lining everything up properly and making sure it's level and square was good practice otherwise accuracy of the scope would suffer.
Mil-spec buffer tube because this rifle comes with a commercial size buffer tube.

The most difficult parts of AR15 modding are barrel (removal), hand guard (removal) and buffer tube (removal). I was able to practice 2 of the 3 on a sub $500 rifle and that's with no vice block, which I highly recommend if you're going to be working on any of the above 3 parts.
There were some great videos on YouTube covering this, but I think many of them are gone now.
Jan 23, 2017
61 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 11:11 am
Guaranteed troll, but thank you for standing up for hunters.

God bless.
Better to put down some knowledge then let trolls run the narrative.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1603 posts
215 upvotes
Winnipeg
amkorp wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:21 am

Functionally it's great, the only complaint I have is the trigger is a but on the rough side as compared to my S&W M&P Sport II but otherwise, very solid construction and accurate.
How does it compare overall to the S&W M&P Sport II?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1083 posts
785 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
bryan35 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 11:30 am
How does it compare overall to the S&W M&P Sport II?
Both are very accurate (scope on bushmaster and red dot sight on the SW)
I like the smoother trigger feel on the SW over the Bushmaster. Although some people complain the trigger is soft or mushy on the SW, I find it easier on pull and consistent on the break.
If you are not going to be modding the Bushmaster, it is lighter. I think almost by 1 lb.
Both have very good build quality and finish.

Keep in mind that the red dot that comes with the Bushmaster is garbage. It's a generic variant with poor quality and poor accuracy. There are no backup sights on the Bushmaster whereas the SW comes with Magpul flip up rear sight and front A frame sight so you can practice shooting without any targeting aids. You can't do that with the Bushmaster and will have to spend money on getting backup sights eventually for it.

I really just comes down to how much you want to spend since these are both good rifles, it comes down to which you can get for cheaper I think.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1603 posts
215 upvotes
Winnipeg
amkorp wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 11:48 am
Both are very accurate (scope on bushmaster and red dot sight on the SW)
I like the smoother trigger feel on the SW over the Bushmaster. Although some people complain the trigger is soft or mushy on the SW, I find it easier on pull and consistent on the break.
If you are not going to be modding the Bushmaster, it is lighter. I think almost by 1 lb.
Both have very good build quality and finish.

Keep in mind that the red dot that comes with the Bushmaster is garbage. It's a generic variant with poor quality and poor accuracy. There are no backup sights on the Bushmaster whereas the SW comes with Magpul flip up rear sight and front A frame sight so you can practice shooting without any targeting aids. You can't do that with the Bushmaster and will have to spend money on getting backup sights eventually for it.

I really just comes down to how much you want to spend since these are both good rifles, it comes down to which you can get for cheaper I think.
Thanks.