Expired Hot Deals

[Cabelas] Bushmaster QRC Quick Response Carbine Semiautomatic Tactical Rifle with Mini Red Dot .223,-RPAL NEEDED--$699.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2019 9:52 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1060 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
dyalect wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:53 pm
Whoa... foghorn. Pump brakes.

People have opinions too. I am entitled to mine. Whatever floats your boat. As for sports cars, owners do drive them so I don't get your logic.

If I take the time to get a license in Canada (which is a lot of work and money) and buy a gun or rifle. I am shooting something!

Enjoy your collection.
A person who goes out and buys a Porsche 911 Turbo with sports package so that they can go to and from work on the DVP during rush hour or pickup groceries from No-Frills and meet up with some friends at the local Bubble Tea shop exclusively are not using the car for what it was intended for. Sure they are "driving" the car but that wasn't the only reason why Porsche made a car with 540 HP and 0-100 km/h acceleration time of 3 seconds. It was meant to be taken to a track and raced. These owners are more akin to a collector than an actual user, at least in my opinion.

Contrary to popular misconceptions, it's quite easy to get a license (restricted even). 1 weekend and a few hundred bucks.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3491 posts
2106 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
pfbmgd wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:54 pm
I can only think of one crime in Ontario committed with AR15 . Long guns are not really a staple for criminals . Unless you hang with criminals or deal drugs . Your chances of getting killed by a gun are almost non existent.

I imagine most AR15 manufacturers are getting hit in the pocket book with the cheap non restricted rifles available. Something you can use on crown land vs approved ranges only .
Most criminals only use hand guns cause it's easy to conceal. ARs looks more scary than handguns so the public targets them.

I would think it's the opposite. AR15 manufacturers get to piggyback on the whole US market so prices are cheaper. A non restricted AR variant made specifically for the Canadian market cannot compete due to volume so their prices are high. A modern Sporter or Maccabee SLR received set is already $1k in without even adding in all the required parts. Even a WK 108C is $1100.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10558 posts
10629 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:41 pm
Wait for the M&P 15 Sport II, as it goes on sale often for $599.99.
You read minds.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28774 posts
14579 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 2:04 pm
You read minds.
When it went on sale the last time, I pulled the trigger (pun intended) right away.
I'm glad we have a Cabelas here in Ottawa, which is a 10min drive from my house.
Sep 1, 2010
58 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
evanwier wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:58 pm
It took me 2 8-hour days to get an RPAL. It is not a lot of work. It was $250. Not really a lot of money either.
Seems like people like to perpetuate the false narrative that it's difficult to get a gun license in Canada. Maybe it is if you've got a criminal record, but if you do then you shouldn't have any guns anyway. When I replied to a post on Reddit where some guy was saying how extremely difficult it was to get a restricted license in Canada, saying that it wasn't difficult at all and that the RCMP didn't even call my references, people freaked out and called me a liar. I think that anti gun nuts just like to think that it's extremely difficult to get guns in Canada just so they can have some kind of moral superiority over people from the US.
Aug 28, 2016
187 posts
232 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 1:00 pm
Whoa now. Take my post with a sarcastic tone please as I was responding to the ignorant poster. I'm a gun owner and actually have an order in for a Modern Sporter. It's gonna be a fully decked out build I can't wait to get in August. :)
Sorry
Feb 22, 2009
945 posts
880 upvotes
Whitby
All i said was I don't get the point of having something and not using what is was intended for. Pokemon cards I get, Collecting makes sense. Guns I don't thats all. I don't care what anyone does with their free time or money.

>>

What does it matter to you what I do with my money and free time?

Get a life
moundie wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:59 pm
hmm i dont really see anything with him saying your not allowed an opinion? Judging - i think that what he was saying...

Jay Leno drives every one of his cars daily I'm sure...
Feb 22, 2009
945 posts
880 upvotes
Whitby
evanwier wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:58 pm
It took me 2 8-hour days to get an RPAL. It is not a lot of work. It was $250. Not really a lot of money either.
Pretty sure your spouse or loved one has to say it is ok as well. And a criminal back round check. Took my buddy a few months to get his. Backlog maybe. But for $1 I am not just collecting. Range or hunting!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28774 posts
14579 upvotes
Ottawa
dyalect wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:21 pm
All i said was I don't get the point of having something and not using what is was intended for. Pokemon cards I get, Collecting makes sense. Guns I don't thats all. I don't care what anyone does with their free time or money.

>>

What does it matter to you what I do with my money and free time?

Get a life
I spent $9K building a mining rig and now it's collecting dust.
Today it's guns, tomorrow it's electronics, next year another car...who gives a shit!
Feb 22, 2009
945 posts
880 upvotes
Whitby
amkorp wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 1:03 pm
A person who goes out and buys a Porsche 911 Turbo with sports package so that they can go to and from work on the DVP during rush hour or pickup groceries from No-Frills and meet up with some friends at the local Bubble Tea shop exclusively are not using the car for what it was intended for. Sure they are "driving" the car but that wasn't the only reason why Porsche made a car with 540 HP and 0-100 km/h acceleration time of 3 seconds. It was meant to be taken to a track and raced. These owners are more akin to a collector than an actual user, at least in my opinion.

Contrary to popular misconceptions, it's quite easy to get a license (restricted even). 1 weekend and a few hundred bucks.
Back round check and approval from your spouse. They don't want angry loved ones packing heat!!! Makes sense.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28774 posts
14579 upvotes
Ottawa
dyalect wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:24 pm
Back round check and approval from your spouse. They don't want angry loved ones packing heat!!! Makes sense.
Lol, the final decision is not based on whether the spouse endorses you or not.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1373 posts
565 upvotes
Alright guys

ARGUING---BAD

GUNS--GOOD--use them for hunting, range, plinking, collecting--last time I checked Canada was a free country
Feb 22, 2009
945 posts
880 upvotes
Whitby
Justfishing wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:30 pm
Alright guys

ARGUING---BAD

GUNS--GOOD--use them for hunting, range, plinking, collecting--last time I checked Canada was a free country
People bad. Guns indifferent and can be used for bad things.
Feb 20, 2015
196 posts
124 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Very good deal... * It's going for around $580 US so with our dollar in the tank it's a screaming deal.