Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cabelas

Daisy Red Ryder Air Rifle- $44.99 (25% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 12:27 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1476 posts
336 upvotes
BC
BDSL wrote: Do not shoot in your backyard. Your neighbour might think it is real and calls the authority. Shoot only in basement.
Treat it as a real firearm. You can still get charged with assault with a weapon.
Ummm, no, absolutely not true in that context.
CHIA
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
gabe3366 wrote: Ehh, I think that's being a little bit too paranoid. It looks and sounds like a cheap bb gun. I don't think anyone gonna call the cops on you for plinking some pop cans. You would have to have some extremely dumb neighbors.
Or just a real bag of a neighbour, like I have. I'm still waiting for the tornado to carry her away before she snatches my little dog Toto.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
Nothing good for the big boys?
Sep 13, 2015
533 posts
446 upvotes
My son loves this gun we got it at Walmart for 10 bucks last year
Glory Glory Man United
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2004
1052 posts
483 upvotes
Hmm... I remember that air rifle. Same type as the one when my friend shot me with when I was in grade school. Thinking Face I think I'm lucky I grew up without losing an eye or breaking a limb.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
notnub wrote:
in your backyard, garage
please dont hunt with this, its not strong enough for insta-k
Most municipalities have laws against discharging BB guns within city limits.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 9th, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: inappropriate content
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
Blair604 wrote: keep in mind, it's illegal to fire any air gun, even non-PAL ones, in the vancouver/lower mainland. only place to do this legally is on crown lands or on shooting range.

http://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/topic44934-15.html
So can't shoot air guns anywhere in BC except shooting ranges?
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2639 posts
407 upvotes
Winnipeg
Melkor wrote: I was incredibly lucky to get this for $15 on Amazon.ca last year.
Me too, but it was the pump action model I got. Wood stock, holds 50 or so BB's, great for plinking in a backyard catchbox.

We got one for each of our kids.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3862 posts
2940 upvotes
Markham
gabe3366 wrote: Ehh, I think that's being a little bit too paranoid. It looks and sounds like a cheap bb gun. I don't think anyone gonna call the cops on you for plinking some pop cans. You would have to have some extremely dumb neighbors.
Not paranoid. See godonna's post #19 above.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
3862 posts
2940 upvotes
Markham
CHIA wrote: Ummm, no, absolutely not true in that context.
Read post #19.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
I would not recommend shooting these in your backyard if you live in the GTA. If your neighbours rat you out and call the cops, then the cops will definitely come down to pay you a visit.

I would highly recommend eye protection for a BB gun. BB's will ricochet like crazy. I remember my friend shot his red ryder while indoors, and the bb ricochet'd off all the walls until hitting him on the back of his head.
Nov 26, 2013
801 posts
729 upvotes
Winnipeg
appleb wrote: I would not recommend shooting these in your backyard if you live in the GTA. If your neighbours rat you out and call the cops, then the cops will definitely come down to pay you a visit.

I would highly recommend eye protection for a BB gun. BB's will ricochet like crazy. I remember my friend shot his red ryder while indoors, and the bb ricochet'd off all the walls until hitting him on the back of his head.
Honestly, the one of the best things that people can do is first to check your local bylaws. If it is not clear or if there is any uncertainty, call the police using a non-emergency line. The best practice however would be to take any projectile weapon to a firing range or equivalent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)