Expired Offers

Locked: DPMS Oracle Semi-Auto AR-15 .223/5.56 Rifle - Reg $1000 on sale $680 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2018 8:48 pm
[OP]
Apr 26, 2010
147 posts
405 upvotes
BC

DPMS Oracle Semi-Auto AR-15 .223/5.56 Rifle - Reg $1000 on sale $680 + FS

Free shipping code NYE2018

• Standard AR-15 fire control
• 16" lightweight chrome-moly barrel
• GlacierGuard handguard
• A2 pistol grip and birdcage flash hider
• A3 flat-top receiver
• Pardus six-position adjustable stock

From tactical carbines to modern sporting-rifle applications, DPMS has a trustworthy reputation for producing affordable AR platforms. Gas-operated, rotating-bolt semiautomatic tactical rifle with an 8620 steel bolt carrier, plated per military specifications, that gives you standard AR-15 fire control. 16" lightweight chrome-moly steel barrel. The DPMS Pardus six-position adjustable stock is impervious to the elements. Outfitted with a dust cover, shell deflector and right-hand ejection. Both the upper and lower receivers are 7029 T6 aluminum alloy that is hard-coated-anodized per military specifications. MIL-STD A3 flat-top upper receiver and railed gas block accommodate your choice of optics. Lower receiver features a standard AR-15 trigger group, integrated trigger guard and aluminum magazine release button. Carbine-length GlacierGuard handguard. A2 pistol grip and A2 birdcage flash hider.
Share:
46 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4708 posts
345 upvotes
Victoria
Why the hell are these restricted weapons? You can buy a BCL 102 same thing pretty much unrestricted. Why is a non-bolt action AR-15 restricted?
Aug 15, 2004
13 posts
14 upvotes
dealguy2 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 5:08 pm
Why the hell are these restricted weapons? You can buy a BCL 102 same thing pretty much unrestricted. Why is a non-bolt action AR-15 restricted?
Guessing it's because they look scary.
May 12, 2006
163 posts
58 upvotes
ON
dealguy2 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 5:08 pm
Because all variants of the AR15 can be modded to shoot full auto. Or at least the law makers believe that to be.
May 12, 2006
163 posts
58 upvotes
ON
Is this leaps and bounds better than the SW M&P15 SII?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1807 posts
904 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Canuck485 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 5:52 pm
Because all variants of the AR15 can be modded to shoot full auto. Or at least the law makers believe that to be.
That is not the case. If it can be easily modded to shoot full auto, it'll become prohibited. It happened to the SCAR-L. SCAR was non restricted but because they found out it can be easily converted to full auto, they banned it and put it as prohibited. AR-15s are restricted by name.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
Dec 15, 2009
791 posts
67 upvotes
Ontario
Canuck485 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 5:52 pm
So can the unrestricted SKS per a story I saw on CBC about a year ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4970 posts
1461 upvotes
ON
Canuck485 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 5:53 pm
Depends on how small your leap or bound is.
Feb 10, 2007
945 posts
382 upvotes
Calgary, AB
emac wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 5:35 pm
Guessing it's because they look scary.
This is the answer
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4505 posts
619 upvotes
Restricted by name.

This has nothing to do with logic or functionalities of the rifle.
Leave your brain at the door please.
This is a choice made by the legislator.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regu ... lText.html
2 The firearm of the design commonly known as the M-16 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it, including the

(a) Colt AR-15;

(b) Colt AR-15 SPI;

(c) Colt AR-15 Sporter;

(d) Colt AR-15 Collapsible Stock Model;

(e) Colt AR-15 A2;

(f) Colt AR-15 A2 Carbine;

(g) Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Rifle;

(h) Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Target Rifle;

(i) Colt AR-15 A2 Government Model Carbine;

(j) Colt AR-15 A2 Sporter II;

(k) Colt AR-15 A2 H-BAR;

(l) Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR;

(m) Colt AR-15 A2 Delta H-BAR Match;

(n) Colt AR-15 9mm Carbine;

(o) Armalite AR-15;

(p) AAI M15;

(q) AP74;

(r) EAC J-15;

(s) PWA Commando;

(t) SGW XM15A;

(u) SGW CAR-AR;

(v) SWD AR-15; and

(w) any 22-calibre rimfire variant, including the

(i) Mitchell M-16A-1/22,

(ii) Mitchell M-16/22,

(iii) Mitchell CAR-15/22, and

(iv) AP74 Auto Rifle.
Dec 15, 2009
791 posts
67 upvotes
Ontario
Canuck485 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 5:53 pm
Also curious on this question.

Can folks with good knowledge provide some analysis on how to figure out which rifle will best meet a users needs? This isn't a gun/hunting forum - I suspect a lot of people would appreciate education on this topic from RFDers who can help others find the best deals in this category.

TIA
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
17039 posts
5357 upvotes
Ottawa
riffr aff wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 10:29 pm
Also curious on this question.

Can folks with good knowledge provide some analysis on how to figure out which rifle will best meet a users needs? This isn't a gun/hunting forum - I suspect a lot of people would appreciate education on this topic from RFDers who can help others find the best deals in this category.

TIA
At the range, you'll be bored after a 100 rounds or so.
Best is to purchase several different types when on sale and bring a few to the range.
I've started to enjoy trap shooting more and at my local range, there's a 5 stand and skeet field that I spend more time at with a simple low cost pump action 12 guage.
Dec 15, 2009
791 posts
67 upvotes
Ontario
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 10:48 pm
At the range, you'll be bored after a 100 rounds or so.
Best is to purchase several different types when on sale and bring a few to the range.
I've started to enjoy trap shooting more and at my local range, there's a 5 stand and skeet field that I spend more time at with a simple low cost pump action 12 guage.
Thanks for the input.

I don't mind "bored" - more into reliability and adaptability. I won't always buy a high end -anything- but I prefer to not purchase low end items I won't keep long term.

I like the SKS and ruger 10/22 but this sort of rifle puts me into a different price category where I prefer my first purchase be a good one.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
17039 posts
5357 upvotes
Ottawa
riffr aff wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 11:07 pm
Thanks for the input.

I don't mind "bored" - more into reliability and adaptability. I won't always buy a high end -anything- but I prefer to not purchase low end items I won't keep long term.

I like the SKS and ruger 10/22 but this sort of rifle puts me into a different price category where I prefer my first purchase be a good one.
If you maintain your firearms, you will have no issues going through a few hundred rounds each visit to the range.
S&W has a good reputation and I'm actually looking to pick up the M&P 9mm range kit or the 2.0.
You definitely can't go wrong with the M&P 15 Sport II.
Oct 15, 2016
57 posts
62 upvotes
riffr aff wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 10:29 pm
Can folks with good knowledge provide some analysis on how to figure out which rifle will best meet a users needs?
It took me almost a year to get my PAL and I used that time to read and research like crazy. I noticed a lot of gun owners end up with 20 guns, 15 of them being impulse buys or cheap-o remnants from the early days of their gun ownership.

I read a lot of threads along the lines of "what gun will you never sell" and used the answers to help me make my first purchases.

I think the best all-round first gun is a QUALITY bolt action .22, with lever action being an acceptable substitute. It's inexpensive compared to equivalent quality in any other caliber, it's inexpensive to shoot, easy to handle, easy to maintain, easy to sell if you should ever decide to.

No matter what kind of shooting you end up doing, you'll always want something that can put inexpensive holes in paper and tin cans. And, as you practice and improve, you'll want a gun that is more accurate than you are, so that results reflect your progress.

In bolt-action, Anschütz is the undisputed king and I think it's fair to call CZ the queen. Savage has respectable offerings too. In lever action, good choices are Henry and Marlins manufactured prior to Marlin's acquisition by Remington.