Expired Offers

Locked: DPMS Oracle Semi-Auto AR-15 .223/5.56 Rifle - Reg $1000 on sale $680 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2018 8:48 pm
Jul 17, 2012
327 posts
144 upvotes
Kamloops
these ARs gets boring after a while.
most fun I had is the lee enfield I found at a gun show for 100 bucks and I make my own rounds from the Serbian brass. the accuracy is too fun and is pretty cheap to shoot. oh and I found pulling the Chinese or Russian 7.62x54r steel core and put on the Serbian shell produce the best result. no more gun now but really wish I kept that one.
Dec 20, 2007
878 posts
211 upvotes
xsomsicarius wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 9:10 am
I only know this gun from Rules of Survival game lol. Isn't this an assault rifle? What do normal people in Canada use it for?
Assault rifles by definition must have selective fire... They must have a switch to go from semi auto to full auto or burst. Ergo, these are not assault rifles.
Legal owners use them to put holes in paper or 3 gun competitions. Criminals don't use them at all (afaik, no crime has ever been committed in Canada with one)
Dec 20, 2007
878 posts
211 upvotes
carbide wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 10:03 am
It is a restricted firearm. For the vast majority of normal RPAL holders, permitted uses are target practice/competition, instruction, and collecting.

Some assault rifles are non-restricted firearms and can be used for hunting: e.g. SKS, a purebred military semiautomatic carbine. Not the best choice, but usable for deer with proper ammo.
No assault rifle would be non-restricted as they are prohibited by definition. All full auto/burst are prohibited in Canada.
The technical term for an SKS would be a semi auto carbine rifle.
If you are trying to compare specifications, there are indeed many semi auto rifles that are non-restricted that have a similar firing rate and use larger calibres in Canada.

The reason why AR15' s are popular is simply due to its "Lego" type of functionality and its reliability
The reason why they're restricted is simply due to the fact that they look scary, that's literally it. Some people state that it's because they can easily be changed to full auto. If easily means a full machine shop and if they also don't accept the fact that other firearms that can be changed to full auto are prohibited
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
22242 posts
8878 upvotes
Ottawa
I see no point even talking about full auto!
No one in their "right mind" would attempt such conversion (even if possible), as you can't dischage it anywhere without a swat team on your arse.
If I'm at the range and I hear anything remotely similar to a burst fire...I'm out of there and dialing 911.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1499 posts
964 upvotes
Alberta
HiEveryone wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 4:00 pm
No assault rifle would be non-restricted as they are prohibited by definition. All full auto/burst are prohibited in Canada.
The technical term for an SKS would be a semi auto carbine rifle.
If you are trying to compare specifications, there are indeed many semi auto rifles that are non-restricted that have a similar firing rate and use larger calibres in Canada.

The reason why AR15' s are popular is simply due to its "Lego" type of functionality and its reliability
The reason why they're restricted is simply due to the fact that they look scary, that's literally it. Some people state that it's because they can easily be changed to full auto. If easily means a full machine shop and if they also don't accept the fact that other firearms that can be changed to full auto are prohibited
"assault rifle" is just a term the media like to use to scare the uninformed.
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 4:20 pm
No one in their "right mind" would attempt such conversion (even if possible), as you can't dischage it anywhere without a swat team on your arse.
If I'm at the range and I hear anything remotely similar to a burst fire...I'm out of there and dialing 911.
I cringed a little reading your post.
Last edited by fluidmax on Jan 2nd, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
22242 posts
8878 upvotes
Ottawa
fluidmax wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 4:36 pm
Fixed it for you...."assault rifle" is just a term the media like to use to scare the uninformed.

I cringed a little reading your post.
LMAO!
Jul 25, 2015
640 posts
360 upvotes
charlesd79 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 12:40 am
Well, first of all, this gun is restricted, so you can't use it for hunting. I don't really know what kind of "needs" one might have from a restricted gun, since you can only use it at the range. Non-restricted, that's a different story.
What do you "need" a non-restricted rifle for? You dont "need" to hunt for food either.
Sep 15, 2013
589 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Sinasta wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 7:33 pm
What do you "need" a non-restricted rifle for? You dont "need" to hunt for food either.
You don't "need" a knife to cut your steak for dinner either, yet you have many of them and they are used in more homicides in Canada than firearms are.

Stop worrying about what I "need" and "don't need" and start worrying about the bigger picture, mental health and the human thought process.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2819 posts
1231 upvotes
Vancouver
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 10:48 pm
At the range, you'll be bored after a 100 rounds or so.
Best is to purchase several different types when on sale and bring a few to the range.
I've started to enjoy trap shooting more and at my local range, there's a 5 stand and skeet field that I spend more time at with a simple low cost pump action 12 guage.
+1 I almost never go to the range any more. 95%+ of my shooting is trap shooting now.
Dec 20, 2007
878 posts
211 upvotes
fluidmax wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 4:36 pm
"assault rifle" is just a term the media like to use to scare the uninformed.
Incorrect... Assault rifle is a legitimate term for a specific type of firearm. It was coined by the nazis. Assault weapon is what you're thinking of

Jul 25, 2015
640 posts
360 upvotes
BabylonDown wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 8:00 pm
You don't "need" a knife to cut your steak for dinner either, yet you have many of them and they are used in more homicides in Canada than firearms are.

Stop worrying about what I "need" and "don't need" and start worrying about the bigger picture, mental health and the human thought process.
Clearly my post went right over your head.

Also how are you suppose to cut your food with a knife? You are something special.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
5978 posts
2089 upvotes
ON
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 4:20 pm
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 1:15 pm
Gunshot sounds aren't intimidating at the least.
Try and keep track of your fantasies.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
22242 posts
8878 upvotes
Ottawa
dilligafeh wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:12 am
Try and keep track of your fantasies.
LOL, good stalking, bring the entire content next time (ear plugs+plus earmuff)
It's not the sound that I'm afraid of, it's the nut job who is putting my life in danger.
Aug 24, 2011
188 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
dilligafeh wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 10:21 am
Only if used to assault someone. Same as the feared "assault hammer", "assault baseball bat", and the ever feared "assault knife" that never runs out of ammo.
This is no more dangerous than any other semi automatic firearm and less lethal than many more hunting firearms .
What's normal to you ? Is there a definition of normal ?
It is a completely legal sport and hobby, if that's what you were asking.
Absolutely True...But the latest 'Assault' weapon being used is the 'assault VEHICLE'....buy several before the coming ban...!!
Aug 24, 2011
188 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
HiEveryone wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 4:00 pm
True...BUT 'prohibited' firearms in Canada is a CLASSIFICATION of firearms...they are NOT Illegal to possess or own IF you have a 12(4) or 12(6) designation on your PAL...
Full autos have been and still are in private hands in Canada for decades, it is Govt. hysteria that has portrayed the 'gun' as an evil object and therefore ownership of said item(s) be 'outlawed'. In the early 90s the Canadian govt DID determine certain firearms to be SUPER EVIL and possession to be so heinous that mere touching of them would drive a law-abiding person MAD and cause him/her to go on a murderous rampage. Those firearms ( USAS12, SPAS12 & 15s, Street Sweepers, ALL TECs, Calicos 9&22, Feather Industries 9&22, BARRETT 50 Cals ( which were almost $3000 in THOSE days ) and many others were required to be turned in for destruction with NO COMPENSATION and <insert laugh and tears > NONE of those firearms were automatics. With ZERO logic they created another classification of firearms that were fully automatic ( select-fire is the proper term ), UZIs, HKs, FNs, Sterlings, MACs, Thompsons. Steyrs and so many more. The new class was given the designation OIC meaning 'Order In Council' and has a couple of sub-categories. They threw in a couple of kickers...ONLY people in the 'fun' auto-club could own or trade said guns with other auto-club members. If an auto-club member sells or trades away his LAST OIC gun, He/she's OUT and cannot get back in. For years these OIC guns would be occasionally seen ( and heard ) at ranges and raising eyebrows, but no more...they are now only paperweights and not allowed out of the house to play with others. I guess the 'logic' is that the (hopefully) old age death of the last member of the auto-club ( who legally bought up all the other pew-pew-pews ) will translate to the end of full-autos in Canada because where are they to go...?? They will be LEGALLY required to be turned into the RCMP for DESTRUCTION. They can not even be used BY the RCMP.In those early 90s seizures, several Barretts were turned in and requested for use by the RCMP..."no way" and I guess manhole covers are more important.Speaking of the RCMP...when the decision was made to seize those guns that I previously mentioned, guess who protested the most ?? yup...The RCMP who were asked/told to go GET THEM! Not only was this an incredibly dangerous order but many of those guns were legally owned by RCMP and regular Police officers...That's it for my rant...be informed...full-auto is no big deal, trust me, if you have the craving...Go to Vegas and rent one for your NOT cheap thrill...
Images
  • RPAL.classes.jpg
Last edited by whozzdatguy on Jan 3rd, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.