Hot Deals

[Cabelas] Gamo® Red Alert 1911 Air Pistol (Full Metal Body -$59.99, Reg 119.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2019 12:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3171 posts
1238 upvotes
Vancouver
PatrickB012050 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 8:03 pm
I'm curious, would one of those be strong enough to "scare" a burglar if I shot at him a couple of time?
IF you have a brand new CO2 cartridge it wil definitely hurt. May even penetrate the skin. But it's not advisable, it's better to call 911. BUT IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER the law allows you to respond with deadly force, if necessary.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/act ... 6.html#h-9
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3171 posts
1238 upvotes
Vancouver
Rubberbiscuit wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 8:40 pm
If you use something in the manner of a firearm it magically becomes a firearm under Canadian law
True if you rob a bank with an imitation, not true if you pull it on a burglar.
Jul 21, 2016
224 posts
318 upvotes
Leask
charlesd79 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 2:12 am
IF you have a brand new CO2 cartridge it wil definitely hurt. May even penetrate the skin. But it's not advisable, it's better to call 911. BUT IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER the law allows you to respond with deadly force, if necessary.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/act ... 6.html#h-9
Goal would def. not be to kill, but just to "hurt" enough to have them go away. I would never kill someone else, even if they were robbing me, unless they gave me no other choice, and I highly doubt any kind of airgun could cause health-treatening issue anyway.
May 28, 2007
753 posts
196 upvotes
Once you shoot that burglar with it and it hurts enough for him to run away, he'll be back with the real thing to take revenge.
May 28, 2007
753 posts
196 upvotes
I assume you can't use this in your backyard to shoot targets? You have to go into the woods or somewhere away from the city where there's no people?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3171 posts
1238 upvotes
Vancouver
PatrickB012050 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 2:26 am
I highly doubt any kind of airgun could cause health-treatening issue anyway.
If you aim for the eyes you would definitely send them to the ER and they may even lose their vision. Even worse if you use pellets instead of BB balls.
Watch this
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3171 posts
1238 upvotes
Vancouver
RCML27 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 2:37 am
I assume you can't use this in your backyard to shoot targets? You have to go into the woods or somewhere away from the city where there's no people?
Some cities have bylaws against it. Some don't care. All you risk is a fine (just like a parking fine), it's not a criminal issue. Google is your friend.
Aug 17, 2012
172 posts
144 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought one of these last time it was on sale. I took a test shot at the floor on laminate and it bounced and took out a window. Haven't used it since I realize it's too dangerous to use it indoors and I think i might scare the neighbors if I use it in my backyard.
Aug 12, 2010
482 posts
104 upvotes
I prefer the longer muzzle .22 calibre pellet pistols. Those hurt a lot more and are all metal construction.
Dec 1, 2018
131 posts
151 upvotes
PatrickB012050 wrote:
I'm curious, would one of those be strong enough to "scare" a burglar if I shot at him a couple of time? Or it will just hurt enough to make them even more mad? Lol sorry for the stupid question, I know nothing about BB gun.
Secondary question if they are too weak: Would they be fine for shooting at squirrel WITHOUT hurting them (Just annoy them)? (Goal is the get them to leave the birds feeders alone)
For your rober question, maybe get duals like neo.

But pls no animals because this is strong enough to seriously injure them or worse
Jul 12, 2010
26 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Rubberbiscuit wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 8:48 pm
See http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/index-eng.htm#a4

"Some of these items are exempted from the definition only if they were designed exclusively for a specific purpose and are intended to be used exclusively for that purpose by the person who possesses it. However, all of the items listed below are considered to be firearms if used in a criminal or negligent manner." (emphasis added)
Air guns and other barreled weapons designed to have:
A muzzle velocity of 152.4 meters per second or less and/or
A muzzle energy of 5.7 joules or less.

This is exactly it, thanks for clarifying.
Mar 4, 2007
496 posts
390 upvotes
Halifax
PatrickB012050 wrote:
I'm curious, would one of those be strong enough to "scare" a burglar if I shot at him a couple of time? Or it will just hurt enough to make them even more mad? Lol sorry for the stupid question, I know nothing about BB gun.
Secondary question if they are too weak: Would they be fine for shooting at squirrel WITHOUT hurting them (Just annoy them)? (Goal is the get them to leave the birds feeders alone)
You genuinely sound like a bad person. Go away.
Jul 21, 2016
224 posts
318 upvotes
Leask
cheruboo wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:24 am
You genuinely sound like a bad person. Go away.
Please clarify. I dont like your usage of the words "bad person" to describe me, nor do I understand why you used those words.