Hot Deals

[Cabelas] Gamo® Red Alert 1911 Air Pistol (Full Metal Body -$59.99, Reg 119.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2019 12:35 pm
Jan 3, 2018
63 posts
19 upvotes
Don't shoot this thing at any animal unless your life or someone you love is in danger from that animal.

As for burglar, if you having nothing else to defend yourself...then at least this fake gun will help you...worth taking a chance. Safe to call 911 first and then use this thing to protect yourself and your loved ones till cops show up. My 2 cents.
Just ask the question...don't worry what people will think...they are the same idiots who made you ask this question !!!
Feb 18, 2007
229 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
freeduty wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 6:39 pm
Don't shoot this thing at any animal unless your life or someone you love is in danger from that animal.

As for burglar, if you having nothing else to defend yourself...then at least this fake gun will help you...worth taking a chance. Safe to call 911 first and then use this thing to protect yourself and your loved ones till cops show up. My 2 cents.
Can't tell if this is a joke or not
Apr 14, 2017
399 posts
348 upvotes
PatrickB012050 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 8:03 pm
I'm curious, would one of those be strong enough to "scare" a burglar if I shot at him a couple of time? Or it will just hurt enough to make them even more mad?
You'll do more damage if you throw it at him.
Dec 15, 2017
19 posts
4 upvotes
NakedAngel wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 8:08 pm
Is it still the blowback version?
Wish this was clear. The image shows non-blowback version and there is no mention of it in description. In the old thread it appeared everyone received the blowback version.
Jun 9, 2012
146 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
PatrickB012050 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 8:03 pm
I'm curious, would one of those be strong enough to "scare" a burglar if I shot at him a couple of time? Or it will just hurt enough to make them even more mad? Lol sorry for the stupid question, I know nothing about BB gun.
Secondary question if they are too weak: Would they be fine for shooting at squirrel WITHOUT hurting them (Just annoy them)? (Goal is the get them to leave the birds feeders alone)
If your goal is to scare (a) burglar(s) away, a blank gun is far more effective as it sounds like the real thing and can wake up the neighborhood to stop the robbery in process while not shooting a projectile out which can 1. Damage your own property 2. Injure or harm someone which 3. You could avoid charges from the police for assault.

Using a BB gun will not stop a burglar, cause as soon as they hear the CO2 gas being released they will know you are holding a BB gun. Of course if they see you holding a BB gun, that might scare them off, but that would mean putting yourself in closer distance to the burglar which might not end well for you.
May 12, 2012
437 posts
323 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
PilotInTraining wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 8:19 pm
So, I'm pretty sure both of those things are illegal.

Lets imagine a burglar showed up to your house and you pull out your "gun". What are the odds the burglar has his own, real, gun?
Probably not that high. Unlike in the US, gun ownership is much much lower, so someone committing a B&E would likely not have a firearm. Also, using the weapon in self defense is legal, similar to using a baseball bat or kitchen dishes. And, depending on municipal laws/provincial laws, you may also be fine to shoot at rodents.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1099 posts
470 upvotes
GTA
Be sure that when you shoot your gun at a burglar, anything that is going to be damaged from the bb gun will probably not be covered by your home insurance. It's safer to have things stolen and covered by your home insurance rather than escalate things with your robber and make permanent damage.
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month voip solution with no battery drain.
Thread