Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7464 posts
2394 upvotes
Toronto
Posing like Rambo.
ilim wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:56 pm
Man, I see those deals and shaking my head, I thought it is not easy to buy firearms in Canada but looks like people just shop online and some buy multiple.
What is potential use for them, why are you buying them? Go to shooting range on weekend,keep at home for safety reason, stock for future in case of zombies invasion.

Now I am thinking of buying one.
How difficult is to get permit?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1187 posts
485 upvotes
ilim wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:56 pm
Man, I see those deals and shaking my head, I thought it is not easy to buy firearms in Canada but looks like people just shop online and some buy multiple.
What is potential use for them, why are you buying them? Go to shooting range on weekend,keep at home for safety reason, stock for future in case of zombies invasion.

Now I am thinking of buying one.
How difficult is to get permit?
Why shake you head? You have some issue with the way other people spending money and time on a hobby?

If you are serious about becoming a firearms owner. Go to your closest gun range/club and they will guide you through.
Dec 26, 2014
320 posts
83 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
fluidmax wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:55 pm
I mean to place the order when you are in the store. The store will get their inventory and process your order... no different then buying a restricted when you are in store...wait for the CFO approval and come pick it up when transfer is done.
No, you cannot do that. The only way you can "preorder" restricted firearms is if you place the order online or call in to the Call Centre for it to be shipped to your home. You cannot go into a store and pre-pay for a restricted firearm before it is there.
Jan 17, 2006
493 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
fluidmax wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:08 pm
Why shake you head? You have some issue with the way other people spending money and time on a hobby?

If you are serious about becoming a gun owner. Go to your closest gun range/club and they will guide you through
No, I am just surprised that lots of people owning guns in Canada, I remember couple years someone I know told me that he got one and some of his friends as well. That it is easy to get license and you just have to have one at home, for safety and just in case.
I dismissed comments, but now seeing these deals, thinking may be I should get one as well.
I am not sure I am interested in going to shooting club, have better ideas on how to spend my time, but if people around me living with guns may be I have to have one as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1187 posts
485 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:13 pm
No, you cannot do that. The only way you can "preorder" restricted firearms is if you place the order online to be shipped to your home. To get it in-store you have to wait until it is physically there.
Ya I know .... the store in Calgary kept my information and calls me to pay when they got my shadow 2 in stock. I was guaranteed one since they know how many were coming. I had some GC I can use so it worked out perfect.
ilim wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:17 pm
No, I am just surprised that lots of people owning guns in Canada, I remember couple years someone I know told me that he got one and some of his friends as well. That it is easy to get license and you just have to have one at home, for safety and just in case.
I dismissed comments, but now seeing these deals, thinking may be I should get one as well.
I am not sure I am interested in going to shooting club, have better ideas on how to spend my time, but if people around me living with guns may be I have to have one as well.
2 millions + Canadians licensed and that number is growing everyday. Go for it ... it is a fun hobby.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1350 posts
666 upvotes
ilim wrote:
I'll help you out. First thing though is you can't get a firearm solely for the reasons of defense. You will be denied your license straight up. For this rifle, there are 2 reasons, collecting and target shooting. Other firearms you can hunt with it as well.

There are two types of firearms license you can get. Restricted and Non-Restricted. This AR-15 is a restricted one so you will need that license. Most handguns and some rifles are considered restricted. You can only use these firearms at a gun range. Non-restricted can be used on crown lands and the gun range and also have less storage restrictions.

You'll need to take a Firearms Safety Course, usually the local gun club/range will host the course. You need to pass them and then send your info to RCMP for processing. Make sure you provide references that don't joke around as they do call them.

Once you have your license, you can buy guns online or in store and go target shooting or just regular plinking on crown lands. It's actually a really fun sport and great way to release stress, just be safe about it and respectful.
Current Fido/Koodo customer. Great to be a Fido and Koodo Customer.
Nov 22, 2012
342 posts
108 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ilim wrote:
Quite frankly, your inability to research gun laws and regulations, and your me too attitude about guns, scare me.

The safe operation and transportation of guns is non-negotiable especially since the information is right at your fingertips...
Jan 17, 2006
493 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
bomber17 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:33 pm
I'll help you out. First thing though is you can't get a firearm solely for the reasons of defense. You will be denied your license straight up. For this rifle, there are 2 reasons, collecting and target shooting. Other firearms you can hunt with it as well.

There are two types of firearms license you can get. Restricted and Non-Restricted. This AR-15 is a restricted one so you will need that license. Most handguns and some rifles are considered restricted. You can only use these firearms at a gun range. Non-restricted can be used on crown lands and the gun range and also have less storage restrictions.

You'll need to take a Firearms Safety Course, usually the local gun club/range will host the course. You need to pass them and then send your info to RCMP for processing. Make sure you provide references that don't joke around as they do call them.

Once you have your license, you can buy guns online or in store and go target shooting or just regular plinking on crown lands. It's actually a really fun sport and great way to release stress, just be safe about it and respectful.
Thank you very much, that is great summary of information.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1187 posts
485 upvotes
b31770 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:35 pm
Quite frankly, your inability to research gun laws and regulations, and your me too attitude about guns, scare me.

The safe operation and transportation of guns is non-negotiable especially since the information is right at your fingertips...
We all have to start some where...for whatever reason. I still remember when I first started down this road it was pure curiosity... but in the end it made me understand the responsibility involved and gave me a different perspective on firearm ownership.
Jan 17, 2006
493 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
b31770 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:35 pm

You will be surprised how good I am at research and in google usage, just was engaging into conversation and was more looking for peoples state of mind and reasons to own the gun.
So don't be scared it is just your inability to interpret what I was asking for.
Sep 30, 2001
26187 posts
5280 upvotes
Fair warning, keep this topic solely about the deal. Debating gun ownership should be directed to off topic.
Don't talk about it, be about it
[OP]
Dec 25, 2009
197 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
cns187 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:48 am
isnt there a recall on those? Apparently they go off when dropped.
Received an email today from my Pistol Club that the SIG P320 has been banned at ALL RCMI PC ranges until the owner can provide written proof of its repair/upgrade by MD Charlton/Sig Sauer Canada. It was the obvious correct decision...and please tell me the drop test video was done using blanks...the one video sequence showed the guy standing there and dropping the weapon!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2004
1343 posts
87 upvotes
posttime wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:15 am
and please tell me the drop test video was done using blanks...the one video sequence showed the guy standing there and dropping the weapon!!!
Brass with primer only. No powder, no bullet.
Jul 7, 2014
77 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can you guys recommend me a good place/instructor to get my PAL. I'm located in Toronto and an absolute noob when it comes to firearms but would love to learn.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1693 posts
170 upvotes
MazMazda3 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:02 am
Can you guys recommend me a good place/instructor to get my PAL. I'm located in Toronto and an absolute noob when it comes to firearms but would love to learn.
Richmond HIll with Richie Holmes, amazing staff.

yrfirearms.com
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.