Expired Hot Deals

[Cabelas] ***Hot*** Smith & Wesson® M&P 15 Sport 2 .223 Rem. $620.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2017 10:15 am
Jan 16, 2011
1 posts
How did you guys manage to purchase it online if you don't belong to a gun range? It requires specific gun club information.

I don't necessarily want to join a gun range if I don't have to and visit the local gun range on a day pass basis.
Oct 2, 2014
42 posts
45 upvotes
Madden, AB
Just got mine. Came with a case that they charged me $40 for which I'm not thrilled about. Anyone know how to find the combination for the lock???
Apr 5, 2016
192 posts
156 upvotes
BC
ilim wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 11:45 pm
Thank you very much, that is great summary of information.
Just a heads up as well.
They perform a very deep background check on you, mine took over 6 months to process. They called all my references as well.
After you get your permit, a quick background check is performed on you daily! The moment you get a criminal charge (including the drinking/driving one) - you'll be stripped of your permit!

Basically, anyone with a firearms permit are the best people to know :) It's the ones without a permit you have to worry about!!!
Zoomer Wireless + Tangerine =
Sep 16, 2007
44 posts
8 upvotes
Stoney Creek
shniper9 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 2:58 pm
Just got mine. Came with a case that they charged me $40 for which I'm not thrilled about. Anyone know how to find the combination for the lock???
All the instructions are provided in the confirmation email that you should of received from Cabelas. You have to call 800 number, provide your order # and they will give you combination
Oct 2, 2014
42 posts
45 upvotes
Madden, AB
I had no instructions at all in my confirmation email. Got it sorted though. Pew Pew!
Gig50 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 3:33 pm
All the instructions are provided in the confirmation email that you should of received from Cabelas. You have to call 800 number, provide your order # and they will give you combination
Oct 31, 2014
245 posts
116 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I haven't decided if I'm sad or glad I was out of town when this deal came up/expired.

I've never heard of them making you buy a case for shipping before. Is it a decent on or just a flimsy POS?
Oct 2, 2014
42 posts
45 upvotes
Madden, AB
I haven't decided if I'm sad or glad I was out of town when this deal came up/expired.
It's like your regular cheapo Plano rifle case. It makes sense they would need one to ship it, but they should've included that in the checkout. All they have on my confirmation email is the $8 lock. I'm probably going to send an email complaining.
smallwavesteve wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 6:11 pm
I've never heard of them making you buy a case for shipping before. Is it a decent on or just a flimsy POS?
Oct 31, 2014
245 posts
116 upvotes
Victoria, BC
shniper9 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 12:50 pm
It makes sense they would need one to ship it, but they should've included that in the checkout. All they have on my confirmation email is the $8 lock. I'm probably going to send an email complaining.
You should, it's extra charges that weren't disclosed, id be choked. I haven't heard of any other retailers doing so. Literally every restricted I've ever bought online from a business has come in a cardboard box, no trigger lock. If someone steals your package it didn't matter either way, 5 min with a saw or steel and your through.
Aug 13, 2006
264 posts
54 upvotes
shark155 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 6:42 pm
How did you guys manage to purchase it online if you don't belong to a gun range? It requires specific gun club information.

I don't necessarily want to join a gun range if I don't have to and visit the local gun range on a day pass basis.
If you are in Ontario you don't need to belong to a range to purchase a restricted. But the real question is will a range allow you to bring in a restricted without a membership?
When asked what range I belong to - I just put down what range I usually go to as a visitor. CFO didn't seem to have an issue with it.

I got my sport 2 in the mail a couple weeks later without and case or lock. It's not a firearm until you open the parcel. I'm sort of surprised that Cabela's is pushing a lock and case - especially if they didn't disclose it at time of purchase.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
4617 posts
1170 upvotes
Cornhole, ON
-=MK=- wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 2:14 pm
If you are in Ontario you don't need to belong to a range to purchase a restricted. But the real question is will a range allow you to bring in a restricted without a membership?
When asked what range I belong to - I just put down what range I usually go to as a visitor. CFO didn't seem to have an issue with it.

I got my sport 2 in the mail a couple weeks later without and case or lock. It's not a firearm until you open the parcel. I'm sort of surprised that Cabela's is pushing a lock and case - especially if they didn't disclose it at time of purchase.
Orly??? Then why have rules and regulations about the shipment of firearms.
https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manu ... sp#1389620
If you're referring to the grey area regarding STATTs when collecting a package containing a firearm , you're going about it the wrong way.

Mine was bought from well know dealer and came in the original carboard box with a simple screw type trigger lock attached to it.
Last edited by dilligafeh on Sep 2nd, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 26, 2014
342 posts
95 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

Canada Post's guidelines for shipping firearms still clearly state the following:

Customers who wish to ship firearms must:

-unload the firearms
-attach a secure locking device to the firearms
-lock the firearms in a sturdy, non-transparent container, and
-remove the bolt or bolt carrier from any automatic firearms (if removable).
Oct 2, 2014
42 posts
45 upvotes
Madden, AB
I called Cabelas to complain about being charged for the case when there was no mention of case when I ordered or in my confirmation email. I forwarded the rep my confirmation email and he talked to his supervisor who then offered me a $25 gift card for my inconvenience. I declined and will dispute the charge with my CC company. Pretty shady. First time I've had an issue with cabelas but I know many others have had problems.
Nov 20, 2016
94 posts
82 upvotes
shniper9 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 4:03 pm
I called Cabelas to complain about being charged for the case when there was no mention of case when I ordered or in my confirmation email. I forwarded the rep my confirmation email and he talked to his supervisor who then offered me a $25 gift card for my inconvenience. I declined and will dispute the charge with my CC company. Pretty shady. First time I've had an issue with cabelas but I know many others have had problems.
Can you not just return the case? I absolutely am going to try to do that in store.
Nov 20, 2016
94 posts
82 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 2:35 pm

Canada Post's guidelines for shipping firearms still clearly state the following:

Customers who wish to ship firearms must:

-unload the firearms
-attach a secure locking device to the firearms
-lock the firearms in a sturdy, non-transparent container, and
-remove the bolt or bolt carrier from any automatic firearms (if removable).
Rules are different for businesses. It doesn't have to make sense.
Aug 13, 2006
264 posts
54 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 2:31 pm
Orly??? Then why have rules and regulations about the shipment of firearms.
If you're referring to the grey area regarding STATTs when collecting a package containing a firearm , you're going about it the wrong way.

Mine was bought from well know dealer and came in the original carboard box with a simple screw type trigger lock attached to it.
Those are Canada Post requirements but to be honest - I'm way more concerned about what the RCMP requires. And I can't seem to find anywhere that mentions a case or even a lock. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/trans-eng.htm

And yes - it's just a parcel. My wife can walk into our local post office show some ID and pick up my AR15. She is not breaking any laws unless she decides to open the box.

Mine was shipped in the original box with no trigger lock. Looking at the link you provide - yes they should of added a lock on the thing. The reality is - you can't control how retailers are going to ship you a firearm.