[Cabelas] Thermacell patio shield repeller

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2019 9:56 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 18, 2013
136 posts
152 upvotes
Has anyone tried to price match the Radius at CT with mtlcp.ca?... 49.95 on the mtlcp.ca website
Nov 24, 2014
133 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just wanted to add that I had very good results this past weekend with the Thermacell products while camping down at Sandbanks.
There seemed to be a definite 'zone of safety' surrounding the Halo mini and portable repeller units.
I am usually the designated source of 'blood donations' and I made it through three days and nights of camping with only 2 bites! (received from the times when I was away from the units.)
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3145 posts
461 upvotes
wchau85 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:45 pm
Has anyone tried to price match the Radius at CT with mtlcp.ca?... 49.95 on the mtlcp.ca website
From what I read, people were able to do so. As per their price matching policy, it shouldn’t be an issue. No stock in GTA unfortunately.
Mar 5, 2006
810 posts
52 upvotes
Looks like it’s been restocked at a lot of GTA locations. Price matched for 49.95 today.
Nov 14, 2008
732 posts
236 upvotes
I have, the non epoxy way, followed youtube methods

wait until you have used up the cartridge.
use pliers to remove the top adapter
use a small screw (i used a small self drilling hook) to get the valve, if your finding it difficult for it to latch on the screw you are trying is too small /big.
either unscrew and the valve will be attached or pull on the hook, the valve will be attached
reinsert the first adapter and push it until you hear the snap
for the butane refill adapter i used the multilevel adapter , small.
used a scalpel to make a very small slice in the top across the middle(not sure if this did anything)
used the scalpel to carefully scrap the plastic around the tip of the adapter until it fit into the cartridge

i have no side leaks from the refill when filling.

michiebaby wrote:
Jul 8th, 2019 4:03 pm
I might have missed the response but has anyone done a successful butane hack??
Sep 24, 2018
54 posts
77 upvotes
I ordered these mosquito pads off aliexpress.

C$ 2.44 26%OFF | 50pcs/Set Blue Mosquito Repellent Tablet Replacement for Electric Mosquito Lamp Non Toxic Anti Mosquito Pest Repeller
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/snI4zUy

Will post back in terms of how they are but I got about 500 small pads (each is about half the size of the thermacell ones) for about 25 bucks.

I ordered them on June 27th and they arrived today.

Update: They worked well, I fit in 2 length wise and had no issues.
Images
  • 15628757927188536609332074214758.jpg
Last edited by vuongt on Jul 14th, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 27, 2017
240 posts
111 upvotes
Ottawa
Purchased the Radius from CT for $59.99. Higher upfront cost but looks easier to use, but haven't tested it yet. Hopefully it works and the 10' x 10' protection bubble is enough.
At 20$ (sale price) refill for 40 hours that is $0.50 an hour. Not too bad and spending a few dollars for some peace at night is definitely worth it if it works. Considering a 6 hour BBQ, mosquito protection for $3 when spending nearly a $100 on food and drinks is not bad.
Last edited by TheCheapCDN on Jul 11th, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 18, 2013
136 posts
152 upvotes
TheCheapCDN wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 5:21 pm
Purchased the Radius from CT for $59.99. Higher upfront cost but looks easier to use, but haven't tested it yet. Hopefully it works and the 10' x 10' protection bubble is enough.
At 20$ refill for 40 hours that is $0.50 an hour. Not too bad and spending a few dollars for some peace at night is definitely worth it if it works. Considering a 6 hour BBQ, mosquito protection for $3 when spending nearly a $100 on food and drinks is not bad.
Where are you getting the refill for 20? I think they sell that one at CT for 29.99...i still need to get the refill as well!
Jun 27, 2017
240 posts
111 upvotes
Ottawa
wchau85 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 5:28 pm
Where are you getting the refill for 20? I think they sell that one at CT for 29.99...i still need to get the refill as well!
It was on sale for $20 (post in this thread somewhere). I'm waiting to use up the 12 hours included and will wait for another sale before buying refills.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1157 posts
1032 upvotes
VANCOUVER
vuongt wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 4:13 pm
I ordered these mosquito pads off aliexpress.

C$ 2.44 26%OFF | 50pcs/Set Blue Mosquito Repellent Tablet Replacement for Electric Mosquito Lamp Non Toxic Anti Mosquito Pest Repeller
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/snI4zUy

Will post back in terms of how they are but I got about 500 small pads (each is about half the size of the thermacell ones) for about 25 bucks.

I ordered them on June 27th and they arrived today.
Do these contain Allethrin? I don't see the chemical listed anywhere in the product.

Side note, I find it scary that they show a picture of this in a infant's crib!

I think I would go for these refill instead since they are made by SC Johnson and contain Alletherin
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MOSQUITO-REPELE ... s9L1ZqRrDg
Sep 24, 2018
54 posts
77 upvotes
goozy1 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 6:19 pm
Do these contain Allethrin? I don't see the chemical listed anywhere in the product.

Side note, I find it scary that they show a picture of this in a infant's crib!

I think I would go for these refill instead since they are made by SC Johnson and contain Alletherin
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MOSQUITO-REPELE ... s9L1ZqRrDg
Allethrin and it appears to be from an SC Johnson brand.

https://www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com/cn ... ess_heater
Nov 13, 2007
461 posts
195 upvotes
Montreal
I after doing some quick research, I opted to buy these:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MOSQUITO-REPELE ... 6974800012

They specifically say they contain allethrin. There is also another J&J product called MAT-F which contains a different active ingredient (probably for another market where allethrin is banned). Whether or not is as effective as allethrin, I couldn't tell from the limited research I did.

Didn't receive them as yet, but will for sure try them when I do

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)