Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cafango

HOT! Xiaomi Yi Car DVR $39.99USD [Lowest Ever]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2017 8:43 am
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
no, you broker it at DHL, sorry not at the boarder, its already crossed. Ive heard it takes about 20 minutes... you basically just bypass their brokers and dont pay the extremely high costs ..
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1488 posts
636 upvotes
meatwagon wrote: no, you broker it at DHL, sorry not at the boarder, its already crossed. Ive heard it takes about 20 minutes... you basically just bypass their brokers and dont pay the extremely high costs ..
It's a pain with DHL. You need to make a request telling them you want to broker it yourself and most of the time it doesn't get to the right department. They will still do the paperwork and will try to deliver at which point you would need to reject it at the door. The problem is even if you did the leg work between customs and dhl that same day, you still won't get your package because it is with the driver. But this is off topic and I doubt they will ship DHL unless you have a large order where they may upgrade your shipping method for insurance.
Jun 6, 2011
261 posts
372 upvotes
Victoria, BC
My Xiaoyi dash cam from this thread has shipped and tracking shows "Laos (Enterprise des Poste Lao (APL))".
Mar 12, 2009
330 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjones6 wrote: My Xiaoyi dash cam from this thread has shipped and tracking shows "Laos (Enterprise des Poste Lao (APL))".
Same here but it also has "web error".
I'll just have to wait till it delivers I guess.
Mar 12, 2009
330 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
I heard that the language is in Chinese but there's a way to flash it to English.
Is this true? If so, can someone provide a link to do this please?
Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9524 posts
12502 upvotes
BrethrenJx wrote: I heard that the language is in Chinese but there's a way to flash it to English.
Is this true? If so, can someone provide a link to do this please?
Thanks.
It (a video) was posted within this thread. Just use the search feature
Mar 12, 2009
330 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Wizard1 wrote: It (a video) was posted within this thread. Just use the search feature
ok will do. Thanks
Aug 3, 2015
396 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
pitabread wrote: It's a pain with DHL. You need to make a request telling them you want to broker it yourself and most of the time it doesn't get to the right department. They will still do the paperwork and will try to deliver at which point you would need to reject it at the door. The problem is even if you did the leg work between customs and dhl that same day, you still won't get your package because it is with the driver. But this is off topic and I doubt they will ship DHL unless you have a large order where they may upgrade your shipping method for insurance.
UPDATE:

Don't select the fast shipping option, you will get DHL. Apparently I have $20 worth of custom fees and such to pay now. Going to have it returned to sender.
Grandfathered AT&T Business Nationwide 450 and Unlimited International Data Roaming no throttling - $140CAD/month
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1343 posts
575 upvotes
MARKHAM
Ordered two on separate orders. If you try to order 2 it makes it more expensive.
Nov 27, 2002
148 posts
8 upvotes
Surrey
Ordered with standard free shipping and my shipping info,

Origin (Carrier)
Laos(Enterprise des Poste Lao (APL))

Destination (Carrier)
Canada(Canada Post)

So hopefully it arrives with Canada Post and no duty/brokerage fees!
Can't resist a good deal...
Sep 23, 2007
291 posts
1275 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank OP, I'm in for 1.

My car was broken into 6 months ago and all they stole was my expensive dashcam, this will be a better solution.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1488 posts
636 upvotes
in4red wrote: UPDATE:

Don't select the fast shipping option, you will get DHL. Apparently I have $20 worth of custom fees and such to pay now. Going to have it returned to sender.
There were two additional shipping options, the fast shipping option being "priority shipping"? With DHL I suspect your taxes were around 5 bucks and the rest was the brokerage fee ($10.50) + processing fee ($4.25).
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
PEA wrote: Ordered with standard free shipping and my shipping info,

Origin (Carrier)
Laos(Enterprise des Poste Lao (APL))

Destination (Carrier)
Canada(Canada Post)

So hopefully it arrives with Canada Post and no duty/brokerage fees!
Same, tracking states CanadaPost for me as well. They don't have it yet but I wonder if tracking will stop working once they do have it. Also curious to know how long it'll take to get here.
Aug 3, 2015
396 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
It was the fastest.

How hard is it to brokerage a package myself? I've never done it.
Grandfathered AT&T Business Nationwide 450 and Unlimited International Data Roaming no throttling - $140CAD/month
Aug 3, 2015
396 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
pitabread wrote: There were two additional shipping options, the fast shipping option being "priority shipping"? With DHL I suspect your taxes were around 5 bucks and the rest was the brokerage fee ($10.50) + processing fee ($4.25).
Was the fastest. How hard is it to brokerage package myself?
Aug 3, 2015
396 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote: Same, tracking states CanadaPost for me as well. They don't have it yet but I wonder if tracking will stop working once they do have it. Also curious to know how long it'll take to get here.
If tracking starts with an R there will be no tracking for it. Most likely you wont get hit.
Nov 27, 2002
148 posts
8 upvotes
Surrey
in4red wrote: If tracking starts with an R there will be no tracking for it. Most likely you wont get hit.
Yup my tracking starts with an R... Hopefully will not get extra fees...
Can't resist a good deal...
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1172 posts
1626 upvotes
90.00° N, 135.00° W
Your comment also pertains to your family, relatives and friends...you are better than this Katsiki...i know you are a nice guy with your upvotes...
Katsiki wrote: People who have nothing to do in life, driving around hoping for something exciting to happen.