• Aug 13th, 2017 10:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto

cake cutting and food venue for kids birthday party

I am taking 12 kids out for a birthday party.
There are a lots of great activities at great price but when you get the birthday option they jack up the price tow-three times for 2 slices of pizza and a room.

So I was thinking I take them all out for the activity then take them to another place for food where I can also bring my cake and cut it and take nice cute pictures along with whatever food the place serves. pizza will work just fine for me.

So can anyone recommend such a place for kids where I can bring my own cake? It needs not be fancy. I was even considering pizza pizza but they dont allow outside food.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3835 posts
465 upvotes
Aurora
I know it's not what you asked but could you not take the kids to a fun birthday activity and then bring them home for take out pizza and your cake?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 2:52 pm
I know it's not what you asked but could you not take the kids to a fun birthday activity and then bring them home for take out pizza and your cake?
I'd love to but kids wont and for some other reasons, thats not an option.
Jan 2, 2015
961 posts
357 upvotes
Most places will allow you to bring a cake OF that's only thing you are v inning and buy the rest of the food there. I actually can't think of a single place that wouldn't allow to do this. I would just call and ask, even places that say no outside food allowed have always allowed it. I run a lot of kids events, and the cake has never been an issue
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
Macx2mommy wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 2:59 pm
Most places will allow you to bring a cake OF that's only thing you are v inning and buy the rest of the food there. I actually can't think of a single place that wouldn't allow to do this. I would just call and ask, even places that say no outside food allowed have always allowed it. I run a lot of kids events, and the cake has never been an issue
really? that would be great..

too bad pizza pizza website dont have individual store ph# but I will walk tonight and ask.

since you run many events, can you recommend any place that will look nice and cute in pictures? in mississauga/oakville? all kids between 7-11 years old.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7839 posts
2715 upvotes
Toronto
Try phone.
bsobaid wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 3:21 pm
website down.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jan 2, 2015
961 posts
357 upvotes
bsobaid wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 3:07 pm
really? that would be great..

too bad pizza pizza website dont have individual store ph# but I will walk tonight and ask.

since you run many events, can you recommend any place that will look nice and cute in pictures? in mississauga/oakville? all kids between 7-11 years old.
Sorry, I am out west, unless you want to make a really far commute Smiling Face With Open Mouth Plus, I am not a pictures person, so I don't always pay attention to the decor. Me it's always about the right activities and the right food (due to allergies). However, often places will let you do a little decorating with some balloons and stuff.

Don't call the central number unless it dispatches to the specific location you want. Head offices tend to give standard no response.
Go right to the place, tell them you will be coming for food for a party, you would like to bring a cake. You will buy everything there, and say that you would like to make sure you can reserve the tables ahead of time. If they say no, ask to speak to the manager or owner. There have been times where I wasn't booking a birthday package but still wanted a set table, I would pick a less busy time and send someone to save tables. This has also been an option.

What are the activities that you have planned ahead of time?
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
Macx2mommy wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 3:30 pm
Sorry, I am out west, unless you want to make a really far commute Smiling Face With Open Mouth Plus, I am not a pictures person, so I don't always pay attention to the decor. Me it's always about the right activities and the right food (due to allergies). However, often places will let you do a little decorating with some balloons and stuff.

Don't call the central number unless it dispatches to the specific location you want. Head offices tend to give standard no response.
Go right to the place, tell them you will be coming for food for a party, you would like to bring a cake. You will buy everything there, and say that you would like to make sure you can reserve the tables ahead of time. If they say no, ask to speak to the manager or owner. There have been times where I wasn't booking a birthday package but still wanted a set table, I would pick a less busy time and send someone to save tables. This has also been an option.

they allow even some decorating? now thats nice.

i have planned bowling.

I am thinking boston pizza or pizza hut. pizza pizza is too ghetto I think for this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
Macx2mommy wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 3:30 pm

if you can think of places where they had pictures or cartoon characters on wall, that would also be nice.
Jan 2, 2015
961 posts
357 upvotes
Sorry can't comment on the cartoons. Again, out west here. Plus I would see that any place that has that is goong gear towards parties hence the premium price. For decorations, just get a reserved table, buy a cheap kids party table cloth, helium balloons, at least one for each chair, plus a few extra, some simple paper centre pieces in what ever theme. If you want bring some party hats (though I found my kids did not like them after about 6). You can even serve the cake on disposable plates and napkins. Is that cute enough for pictures? SOrry, I am not a big decoration person.

BP and Pizza Hut shouldnt be a problem. Just ask, makes sure someone else goes ahead of time, and you clean up after yourself, bring your own big garbage bag.

Can't comment on pizza pizza, I don't know if I have ever been to one out west.

For bowling most alleys have a food area. Just have someone save a few tables early or ask if they will, bring your own decorations. I love bowling parties because I often bring glow sticks and things for the kids. Decorate the sma eas I mentioned above. It would be easier transportation wise to not move people.

One side note, I have also found the food at these kids party places (not BP) crap, sometimes just hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, and deep friend stuff, very little do my own kids like to eat. I have always tried to incorporate something healthy, and often the manager will let me bring a a small fruit and veggie tray. I still order the food there for the rest of the kids, but I have made veggie and flower edible arrangements (myself because I am too cheap to buy it) and they look amazing as centre pieces for decorations,and I get something that resembles real food. It is a little bit of work though.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11402 posts
1058 upvotes
Kanata
Have you thought about booking a room at somewhere like a community centre, where you have to bring your own food anyways? So you can do your activities elsewhere and then go to the room when it's time?
How old are these kids? Have you looked into parties like at a city recreation centre, where they don't supply food and you have to bring all your own stuff?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24880 posts
2578 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
goofball wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 7:30 pm
Have you thought about booking a room at somewhere like a community centre, where you have to bring your own food anyways? So you can do your activities elsewhere and then go to the room when it's time?
How old are these kids? Have you looked into parties like at a city recreation centre, where they don't supply food and you have to bring all your own stuff?
This is by far the most economical and they allow you to do anything you want food wise.