Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1783 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
May 11th, 2014 7:35 pm
You must be new here. This site is full of smug, pompous self entitled sociopaths. The problem here is not that the OP got caught speeding and has even admitted to the offense and is prepared to lie in court and make a mockery of the system. ONT system is seriously flawed.

None of this would fly in Quebec and the officers never show up in court either. And your disclosure will be in French, too bad for you if don't understand it, good luck getting it translated and the calibration of the radar/laser/ BS doesn't fly here either. I've yet to meet anyone who has beaten a speeding ticket or any legit ticket in QC and this is the way it should be, not that I know many people who bothered to fight them.

The problem lies in the system in Ontario which is a total joke. The thought that a legit ticket can get thrown out because OP is trying to smear a cop who issued a legit ticket, looking for a 't' that wasn't crossed or that the cop doesn't know how to use his equipment is laughable. I haven't gotten many tickets in my life but the ones I've got and the ones that were issued while I was a passenger in someone else car, the infractions were committed, the tickets deserved and 100% legit.
that's funny you think the system in Quebec is better. I once got a ticket there for doing 137kmh even though the officer showed me the radar reading of 127kmh
I guess you like being bullied and having no right to defend yourself
keep bending over :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1783 upvotes
SurplusPlus wrote:
May 11th, 2014 7:34 pm
Look up "ad hominem attack". With maturity, you may learn to discuss and argue the topic, instead of insulting people.

While someone certainly does have the "right" to examine evidence against them, the OP already knows what happened and has confessed it.

Many "ticket buster" types here want to propose dishonest and dishonourable methods of weaseling out of tickets. To an extent, they are free to preach their tactics of lying and trying to discredit innocent people (although it does tread dangerously close to counseling someone to commit a crime).

But I'm equally if not more free to propose an the alternative approach of being a reasonable, rational, mature, and honest citizen - and that includes accepting the consequences of one's mistakes.

It says a lot about your character that you would attack someone just because they raise the idea of being honest and taking responsibility.
do not play innocent, buddy. as per your own admission and your own understanding of the law, which is at the level of a 5 year old, you commit a crime of speeding every day and do not take responsibility of your actions by reporting those crimes to police :D
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2346 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
SurplusPlus wrote:
Apr 18th, 2014 5:01 pm
Scenario A - This scenario assumes OP's story is true. If so, it's pretty odd for the police officer to sit behind him for so long and then finally conduct the vehicle stop at a McDonald's drive through. That's all pretty bizarre for the case of speeding, why not just pull the car over when and where the offense occurred? If something's off, it could show up in disclosure. It can and does sometimes happen that the wrong person gets pulled over when a group of vehicles is speeding. They can't pull over everyone, so a decision is made out of 5 cars which one looks like the most sketchy, which one might have safety issues, unlicensed driver, etc. It could also be that OP was traveling "only" 90, and speed was over-estimated. The best hope in that case might be for a reduction.

Scenario B - This scenario assumes the OP is messing or misrepresenting major parts of the story. This would explain the strange circumstances of how he was pulled over. So far this seems more likely, given that the OP is making claims that are probably easy to prove are false or distorted, things like being "forced" to go 90 km/hr in a 60 zone, and things like the traffic light... is it really > 120 seconds?

Scenario C - OP already admitted to extreme speeding (50% higher than posted limit). Maybe just plead guilty (because you are) and take the penalties as a lesson to slow down before you kill yourself or some innocent people?
The probable reason the cop took awhile to pull him
Over is bc they run the plates, report the pullover etc prior to actually doing it ...
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1783 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
May 11th, 2014 8:07 pm
Congratulation's you stayed awake in English class. I will try this one more time and them i`m done. The op has admitted to driving with the flow of traffic 80-90 kph the police officer wrote him a ticket for 105 kph he does not believe he was going 105 kph so his right is to go to court and see what evidence the police officer has. I should have been clearer to the op s telling him not to listen to the other poster`s that want him to lie and use absurd tactics. If you read back to your other post`s I will try to teach you what maturity is and I quote "Do you want my secret methodology? Lean close to the screen, so I can whisper it to you." You should practice what you preach. I am also going to take the mature high road and let you have the last post. I have helped op as far as I can and to continue back and forth with you is a waste of my time. You sir get the last post
use it wisely.
and I quote
the only way to make him stop responding is to ridicule him. do not even bother explaining to them how the justice system works in Ontario and why people have the right to have a trial and to be convicted in court
the dude does not even know that speeding is a traffic offense and not a crime :D :facepalm:
hey SurplusPlus, do you know that even if I confess to a murder, I will be forced to have a trial and may be found innocent. do you know that only in case of minor offenses you are allowed to accept a conviction without a trial? do you know why is that?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4263 posts
2458 upvotes
Montreal
vero95 wrote:
May 11th, 2014 8:22 pm
that's funny you think the system in Quebec is better. I once got a ticket there for doing 137kmh even though the officer showed me the radar reading of 127kmh
I guess you like being bullied and having no right to defend yourself
keep bending over :facepalm:
Oh, this makes me very happy. :D

If your pompous online persona is anything to go by you're lucky you didn't get a couple of busted kneecaps to go along with your QC ticket. :lol: Just make sure you pay in full. :cheesygri Assuming of course that your story is not pure BS just like the majority of your posts. :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1783 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
May 11th, 2014 10:14 pm
Oh, this makes me very happy. :D

If your pompous online persona is anything to go by you're lucky you didn't get a couple of busted kneecaps to go along with your QC ticket. :lol: Just make sure you pay in full. :cheesygri Assuming of course that your story is not pure BS just like the majority of your posts. :facepalm:
I paid in full for something I did not do
I am aware that in QC I have to bend over but it would never cross my mind that they have a better system than here in Ontario
if you like to bend over, it's your personal decision. I do not
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4263 posts
2458 upvotes
Montreal
vero95 wrote:
May 11th, 2014 10:22 pm
I paid in full for something I did not do
I am aware that in QC I have to bend over but it would never cross my mind that they have a better system than here in Ontario
if you like to bend over, it's your personal decision. I do not
Keep responding, I'm trying to hit my 2000th post by tonight.

You admitted to the infraction, why shouldn't you bend over? And you paid in full because you admit to speeding so the ticket was justified, why would you ever believe the rules don't apply to you? :facepalm: So you paid for 10K over, no big deal assuming of course you aren't BS'ing. Could have been worse :cheesygri

Why would fighting it change the fact that you were 100% guilty? To waste everyone's time? To back up the courts time? You think these wasteful costs don't trickle down? Why bother issuing any tickets if the typical RFD dummy takes each legitimate ticket and fights it in court with zero defense other than to smear or insinuate that the officer is corrupt or look for a spelling mistake in the disclosure :facepalm: and make a mockery of the system? :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1783 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
May 11th, 2014 11:04 pm
Keep responding, I'm trying to hit my 2000th post by tonight.

You admitted to the infraction, why shouldn't you bend over? And you paid in full because you admit to speeding so the ticket was justified, why would you ever believe the rules don't apply to you? :facepalm: So you paid for 10K over, no big deal assuming of course you aren't BS'ing. Could have been worse :cheesygri

Why would fighting it change the fact that you were 100% guilty? To waste everyone's time? To back up the courts time? You think these wasteful costs don't trickle down? Why bother issuing any tickets if the typical RFD dummy takes each legitimate ticket and fights it in court with zero defense other than to smear or insinuate that the officer is corrupt or look for a spelling mistake in the disclosure :facepalm: and make a mockery of the system? :facepalm:
that is not an excuse for asinine posts
if you are against the charter and all the rights granted to you as a citizen, call your MP and complain :facepalm:
Most people do not fully understand the importance of our rights until they are charged with a crime. Below you can find explanations of the practical protections that our rights provide.
http://www.criminaltriallawyers.ca/?q=know-your-rights
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
664 upvotes
Shhanada
vero95 wrote:
May 11th, 2014 8:24 pm
do not play innocent, buddy. as per your own admission and your own understanding of the law, which is at the level of a 5 year old, you commit a crime of speeding every day and do not take responsibility of your actions by reporting those crimes to police :D
You're lying. I've never said I speed every day. In fact I've said the opposite. I've made a strong case for why speeding is dangerous, wasteful, selfish, and doesn't really save very much time in modern cities.

Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else, or making stuff up. Either way, you you owe me an apology and a retraction.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
664 upvotes
Shhanada
antigua1999 wrote:
May 11th, 2014 8:07 pm
Congratulation's you stayed awake in English class. I will try this one more time and them i`m done.
I hope you are telling the truth, and if you are a man of your word I look forward to not seeing your posts anymore.

OP already confessed to driving 90 km/hr in a 60 km/hr zone. That's so far beyond the speed limit that it removes any reasonable or rational excuse that the infraction was slight or incidental. Considering that the common tendency is to understate one's speed, the more objective and scientific evidence that OP was actually going 105 km/hr is credible.

If OP were challenging the exact speed, and perhaps looking for a reduction to a stipulated 90 km/hr, that would open the door to some peer and self respect. Unfortunately that's not what's happening.

If I were the prosecutor, and OP approached me saying "I think I was going 90 km/hr, not 105 km/hr, can we work this down?" I'd immediately offer a lenient proposal to the justice in exchange for that stipulation and the OP's candid (relative) honesty and acceptance of consequences. But again, that's not at all what's happening is it?

No response needed as I wouldn't want to tempt you. If you keep your word and never post again, I will be impressed and appreciative. Farewell antigua1999.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1311 upvotes
SurplusPlus wrote:
May 12th, 2014 1:34 am
You're lying. I've never said I speed every day. In fact I've said the opposite. I've made a strong case for why speeding is dangerous, wasteful, selfish, and doesn't really save very much time in modern cities.

Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else, or making stuff up. Either way, you you owe me an apology and a retraction.
I would agree
vero95 wrote:
May 11th, 2014 11:05 am
I guess you forgot when you claimed you never speed
Pretty much true ...I'd day that 99.9% of the time..... I don't.
vero95 wrote:
May 11th, 2014 11:05 am
and never do anything wrong LOL here are your own words. let me remind you :facepalm:
All the stuff in that link you provided is still valid

And as far as " never do anything wrong ", I'm not - i..e in the very link you provided I openly admitted to drinking underage.

No one's perfect. ;)
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1783 upvotes
SurplusPlus wrote:
May 12th, 2014 1:34 am

in the post where you were saying that speeding is a voluntary crime (LOL :facepalm :) , you admitted that you were speeding in the past and since speeding is going 1kmh over the limit, it's practically impossible that you do not commit the crime of speeding every day
are you saying you do not commit the crime of speeding every day now? :-0
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1783 upvotes
poedua wrote:
May 12th, 2014 8:13 am
I would agree

Pretty much true ...I'd day that 99.9% of the time..... I don't.

All the stuff in that link you provided is still valid

And as far as " never do anything wrong ", I'm not - i..e in the very link you provided I openly admitted to drinking underage.

No one's perfect. ;)
I agree that you speed too. you just believe that your speeding is acceptable
people smarter than you created the charter of rights for us citizens. intimidating those who use the charter and execute their rights is as bad as committing an offence
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
664 upvotes
Shhanada
vero95 wrote:
May 12th, 2014 8:37 am
in the post where you were saying that speeding is a voluntary crime (LOL :facepalm :) , you admitted that you were speeding in the past and since speeding is going 1kmh over the limit, it's practically impossible that you do not commit the crime of speeding every day
are you saying you do not commit the crime of speeding every day now? :-0
Yes, and that's what I've said all along. I don't speed. With maturity, experience, education, and science, I've realized the many problems with speeding, and that the benefits are miniscule. Literally every day I see some lead footed speeder going past me, and then we both end up waiting at the same traffic light down the road. Except I haven't been wasting gas, paying higher insurance, and getting stressed out. I've been listening to good music and stories, keeping an eye open for hazards and speed traps, and enjoying the drive.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1783 upvotes
SurplusPlus wrote:
May 12th, 2014 8:50 am
Yes, and that's what I've said all along. I don't speed. With maturity, experience, education, and science, I've realized the many problems with speeding, and that the benefits are miniscule.

For a guy that's so fast on the road, you're pretty slow at apologizing.
speeding is an absolute liability offence. either you speed or not.
are you saying you never go 1kmh over the limit and so never commit the crime of speeding? say it