• Mar 21st, 2017 4:40 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 5, 2009
548 posts
65 upvotes
vero95 wrote:
May 12th, 2014 8:54 am
speeding is an absolute liability offence. either you speed or not.
are you saying you never go 1kmh over the limit and so never commit the crime of speeding? say it
It's actually 0.5kmh. Rounded to the nearest whole number you know. ;)
[OP]
Aug 30, 2011
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Any help fighting LIDAR speed measurement devices?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
11025 posts
839 upvotes
HongCao wrote:
May 24th, 2014 1:55 pm
Any help fighting LIDAR speed measurement devices?
Sure there is. :D
[OP]
Aug 30, 2011
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
any help with how to fight lidar speed measurement devices????
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2108 posts
370 upvotes
Ottawa
Op just show up at the courtroom and tell everyone to go ***** themselves, this should get the their attention away from the ticket .
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2005
7531 posts
456 upvotes
Hire a Paralegal and stop worrying...You admitted already you went over the limit,your pass driving experience and the flow of traffic has zero substance in you asking for help on this forum.You more likely get a lesser charge or fine if you plea bargain with the cop before you meet the judge.One thing for sure your insurance will raise your premiums the next renewal unless they offer one waived charge for good customers.
Nov 5, 2009
270 posts
24 upvotes
poedua wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 7:05 pm
Actually, travelling at or very close to the posted speed limit is what you should do - it's the law.

And, doing so ALSO is an excellent thing to do if you want to avoid getting speeding tickets - which of course, we all do
Oh god this is cringeworthy.

Smoking cannabis is also against the law. I guess you also abide by that law too even though it's complete *****. :lol:

Since when did the law look out for civilians, and not power hungry politicians? When was the last time a 50km/h speed limit saved lives, and didn't fill the quota for X police division? Never, because nobody cares about you. Neither do the people who make the law.
Oct 11, 2011
59 posts
2 upvotes
AJAX
If SurplusPlus had his/her way, 80% of the provincial offences sector would be deemed surplus and out of work.

Is this what you want? Why do you hate your fellow 'guardians of the public interest'?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2108 posts
370 upvotes
Ottawa
D3lit3 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2014 12:25 pm
Oh god this is cringeworthy.

Smoking cannabis is also against the law. I guess you also abide by that law too even though it's complete *****. :lol:

Since when did the law look out for civilians, and not power hungry politicians? When was the last time a 50km/h speed limit saved lives, and didn't fill the quota for X police division? Never, because nobody cares about you. Neither do the people who make the law.
Lets just go ahead and break every law or at a minimum the ones we don't like.

The poster gave some solid advice and you mock him? Nice.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2011
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
So I had the trial today...and I struck a deal with the prosecutor to convert the speeding ticket to a disobey sign ticket, with 2 points and agreed upon fine....this experience has definitely taught me lot..
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1172 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
HongCao wrote:
Jun 5th, 2014 10:34 pm
So I had the trial today...and I struck a deal with the prosecutor to convert the speeding ticket to a disobey sign ticket, with 2 points and agreed upon fine....this experience has definitely taught me lot..
lol so you basically didn't do anything?

You got your minor ticket converted to another minor ticket, which still counts as a conviction in the eyes of your insurance company.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2011
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
No, I originally had a major ticket with 4 points. Now it's a minor ticket with 2 tickets. It was the best I could hope for, since the police officer was present and he had all notes and his disclosure was pretty informative. So there was no point taking it to trial.
Jenuine wrote:
Jun 5th, 2014 11:20 pm
lol so you basically didn't do anything?

You got your minor ticket converted to another minor ticket, which still counts as a conviction in the eyes of your insurance company.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1172 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
HongCao wrote:
Jun 6th, 2014 7:30 am
No, I originally had a major ticket with 4 points. Now it's a minor ticket with 2 tickets. It was the best I could hope for, since the police officer was present and he had all notes and his disclosure was pretty informative. So there was no point taking it to trial.
No, your original speeding ticket was actually a minor ticket - the points are irrelevant. Speeding below 49km/h is classified as minor. Insurance companies don't care about points. The disobey sign is also considered a "minor" ticket by your insurance company. So in the end, all you really did was have your demerit points reduced, which has zero effect on your insurance rates.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel