None
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
668 upvotes
Shhanada
ryanoneal wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2014 1:57 pm
If SurplusPlus had his/her way, 80% of the provincial offences sector would be deemed surplus and out of work.

Is this what you want? Why do you hate your fellow 'guardians of the public interest'?
This is a complete and utter lie on your part. I support public sector workers. I am however against dangerous drivers, and liars.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
668 upvotes
Shhanada
HongCao wrote:
Jun 6th, 2014 7:30 am
the police officer was present and he had all notes and his disclosure was pretty informative. So there was no point taking it to trial.
Hmm, I could swear I said this is what I said would happen. Of course the anti-police, anti-safety "ticket busters" mob here got you all charged up for nothing.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2011
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
how long does this stay on my driving record? and when does it start from the offense date or trial/guilty date?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
1299 posts
532 upvotes
Markham
HongCao wrote:
Jun 7th, 2014 6:40 pm
how long does this stay on my driving record? and when does it start from the offense date or trial/guilty date?
It will stick around for 2 years from the date of the offense.

http://www.ontariolicences.com/index.ph ... rit-points

Oh and Jenuine and gizmo8 are correct, even if you got a zero demerit points conviction, the insurance company only sees the conviction and as a result you're considered an increased risk, your rates go up regardless. The severity of the offense is what they take into account, generally higher demerit points correlates to a higher rate increase because they are usually more serious offenses but not always.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1179 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Actually, it'll stay on your record for 3 years from the date you were convicted. Tickets = 3 years, Accidents = 6 years (for insurance purposes).
May 29, 2016
1 posts
1 upvote
HongCao wrote:
Apr 18th, 2014 12:35 pm
The speed of traffic at the was going at 80-90 km/hr, which I was forced to go at the time.

Technically, everyone driving at the speed was violating the speed limit and they could have been caught. The only reason I believe I was caught, because I chose to stop and make a left turn at the MCDs. I was waiting at least 2 minutes at the red light, before the cop came behind me, which leads me to believe he really was in some obscure location clocking me. If I didn't stop and wait at the light and just kept going, I don't think I would have been pulled over.

Regardless, does anyone have advice to help me out of this?
If your ticket was in the Caledon Village area, you should really read the speed limits laws for that area. RRO 619 (google it) schedule 12 out lines the speed limit on Highway 10 from Brampton to Orangeville. part 3 outlines the 80 zones, which are currently posted a 60 zone, 20 km below the actual speed limit. and the posts 50 zones are covered in PART 5 and are actually 60 zones. if you got a ticket there. go get your money back and your point vindicated. the entire area is mis-posted. If you payed a ticket for this area, you've been robbed. Don't take my word for it. look it up. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.
Dec 1, 2009
779 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
HongCao wrote:
Apr 17th, 2014 9:57 pm
I got pulled over in Caledon on Highway 10 this evening, where the cop claims I was going 105 km/hr (45 km/hr) over in 60 km/hr zone. The ticket is a $335 fine and he said it would be 4 demerit points.

I know I was not going that fast, as I was just driving with the flow of traffic at that time which about 80-90 km/hr. It was pretty peak time as well since lots of people were driving back to Toronto.

The weird part about it was that the officer patrol car came behind my car while I was waiting at a traffic light (red) and didn't do anything. I didn't even know he was there at this point. I turned left to pull into a McDonalds and just as I about to go into the drive-thru, he puts on the "signals" alerting me to stop and pull over else where.

I have never gotten a speeding ticket before. What can I do to fight this? Please help and pardon me if the answer is posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find much for speeding 40 km/hr over and up!
Hi op,
I also got new ticket in caledon similar to your speeding. did you request for disclosure?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1839 posts
145 upvotes
Bolton
jeffdude87 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 7:32 pm
Hi op,
I also got new ticket in caledon similar to your speeding. did you request for disclosure?
Old tread. One of my old reply when tread was in its glory days: Good luck fighting it in Caledon courts. My suggestion, Just pay for it.
Banned
Jan 9, 2017
225 posts
56 upvotes
poedua wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 7:05 pm
Actually, travelling at or very close to the posted speed limit is what you should do - it's the law.

And, doing so ALSO is an excellent thing to do if you want to avoid getting speeding tickets - which of course, we all do
Get off your high horse. You realize not going with the flow of traffic is unsafe too? If someone is doing 30 less than everyone else, people will pass from the right, tailgate etc. I agree speeding is bad in pedestrian areas since it screws with your stopping distance?
Aug 22, 2016
18 posts
7 upvotes
ancnfamily wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 7:39 pm
Old tread. One of my old reply when tread was in its glory days: Good luck fighting it in Caledon courts. My suggestion, Just pay for it.
+1. Caledon court is no joke. I was there a few months ago (prior to their renovation) for my speeding ticket and there were at least 6 officers in the courtroom at one time.
Dec 1, 2009
779 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
Iambroke wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:30 pm
+1. Caledon court is no joke. I was there a few months ago (prior to their renovation) for my speeding ticket and there were at least 6 officers in the courtroom at one time.
what was the outcome of your ticket?
Aug 22, 2016
18 posts
7 upvotes
I took the lesser charge from the prosecutor, my ticket got reduced to 10 km over.

OPP station is literally right next door, I would say about 5 min walk.