[OP]
Mar 12, 2008
985 posts
18 upvotes

Calgary police under investigation after allegedly drag racing to Tim Hortons

:D

http://youtu.be/3wvGhOIna4M

Story: http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/ca ... 34454.html
CALGARY -- The city's top cop says its hard to judge if the two officers videotaped appearing to be racing to a doughnut shop did anything wrong but the matter is now under investigation.

Chief Rick Hanson said he had one look at the video that surfaced on YouTube, showing two marked city cop cars and an unmarked vehicle at a red light.

When the traffic light turned green, the driver of one of the police cars accelerated to pull into a Tim Hortons.

"I've noticed that the speeds for two of the police vehicles, I don't think made it to 50 km/h," said Hanson.

He said investigators are looking closely at one of the police cars and its driver...
I wonder if the guy was an addict who couldnt wait for his double double and apple fritter.
23 replies
Banned
Aug 12, 2010
4875 posts
147 upvotes
rommelrommel wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 9:45 pm
Drag race not found...
This is true. But if that was a civilian car it would have been pulled over and given a stern talked to.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1087 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
they werent even going that fast
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13024 posts
1050 upvotes
Toronto
a-tree wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 9:50 pm
This is true. But if that was a civilian car it would have been pulled over and given a stern talked to.
In Ontario that's street racing, so the car would be immediately impounded and the driver's license suspended for 7 days.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Dec 12, 2010
611 posts
55 upvotes
maybe the cop had to use the toilet
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4486 posts
186 upvotes
In Calgary that's "stunting" and a ticket. Wasn't much of a drag race but the cops will bust you for less so they should probably practice what they preach...
Oct 20, 2012
946 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 11:50 pm
In Calgary that's "stunting" and a ticket. Wasn't much of a drag race but the cops will bust you for less so they should probably practice what they preach...
One set of rules for them, another for you. Quiet peasant! :razz:

Huge double standard, same for when a serious offense is committed.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34710 posts
1572 upvotes
Toronto
Well... Keep in mind that many times cops don't really get lunch breaks.
As silly as it sounds... Maybe they were racing away to get some quick donuts and coffee before going back in action. >_<
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
1801 posts
21 upvotes
Wtf? Where's the drag race? He used enough power to get ahead but doubt he broke the speed limit, and then was sensible enough to signal and use the other entrance instead of slam the brakes for the first driveway.

I've done the same thing to a cop, merged safely, and signaled into a plaza. He didn't feel the need to bother me about it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8103 posts
1323 upvotes
London
Cops racing to the donut shop?
Is there a dept of cliché affairs we can report this to?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
16224 posts
2573 upvotes
Toronto
It's all Timmy's fault. The cops are hurrying in for .... 'Buy a coffee and the donuts is $0.49. Limited time promotion' :D
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2005
7400 posts
419 upvotes
BS alot of cops before their shift starts goes to Timmies to grab a coffee,whats wrong with that in a cold city like Calgary.Just another poster trying to nick pick over so call incidents about the police.
× < >