• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2017 6:10 pm
[OP]
Dec 5, 2015
826 posts
228 upvotes
Thornhill, ON

California school paper publishes paper saying gays deserve to die

Despicable that they would even allow hate speech like this to be published and distributed.....

http://www.inquisitr.com/4222531/gay-pe ... d9c6581d40
The San Luis Obispo High School special education teacher reportedly wrote the letter to the editor of the student newspaper in response to articles published about gay relationships in a prior issue. In the 659-word letter, Michael Stark quotes Romans 1:16-32.

“I love the staff and students at SLOHS. My students know that. But I love God more, so in obedience to Him, I am writing this letter,” the California teacher said in the letter published in Expressions. “I have faith that the entire Bible is without error

22 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14205 posts
992 upvotes
torontocityboy wrote:
May 19th, 2017 5:31 am
Why so shocked skippy?? Whats the matter?
A sentiment calling for gays to die and you're asking me what is the matter? Your words are "I dont (sic) see anything wrong"... ok, skippy.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4835 posts
347 upvotes
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see where he said " gays deserve to die"
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14205 posts
992 upvotes
arm2000 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:23 am
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see where he said " gays deserve to die"
You know what, you can ask him what he meant by 'I don't see anything wrong' about an article that called for gays to die. It's pretty simple deduction, really. I don't see anything wrong with what Hitler did with the jews.... let's see how many outraged people comment.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4835 posts
347 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:34 am
You know what, you can ask him what he meant by 'I don't see anything wrong' about an article that called for gays to die. It's pretty simple deduction, really. I don't see anything wrong with what Hitler did with the jews.... let's see how many outraged people comment.
So where exactly is that "call for gays to die" ?
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14205 posts
992 upvotes
Did you read the title of the thread? If the title of this thread is polar opposites from the article, I apologize but I don't read snuff pieces. I'm just here debating the other guy who said it's an opinion and nothing is wrong with an opinion even if it (my words) calls for a certain demographic of the population to die.

Again, if an article said the holocaust was just and someone said "well, it's freedom of speech; nothing wrong with that" I would have to take the same stance.
Penalty Box
Apr 30, 2017
77 posts
12 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:34 am
California school paper publishes paper saying gays deserve to die.
Those at the California paper that have decided that they publish a (probably major) column saying gays deserve to die, and probably list why they think that. Whether I think all gays should die or not is another topic. I personally dont see anything wrong with the papers publishing that title. Thats their opinion. I didnt say "all gays should die".
You're choosing to flip it on your own. Maybe your in a picky mood today? Lol. Wokeup on the wrong side of the bed/closet?
Even though im explaining what I mean, you will probably choose to think what you want to think bud. So again, thats your opinion. No worries.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4835 posts
347 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:49 am
Did you read the title of the thread? If the title of this thread is polar opposites from the article, I apologize but I don't read snuff pieces. I'm just here debating the other guy who said it's an opinion and nothing is wrong with an opinion even if it (my words) calls for a certain demographic of the population to die.

Again, if an article said the holocaust was just and someone said "well, it's freedom of speech; nothing wrong with that" I would have to take the same stance.
Well, you replied to me so I assumed you talked about what I said. And yes, I consider the title of the thread fake news.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3538 posts
376 upvotes
Aurora
So from what I read in the article a teacher gets a hate letter against gays published. The rest of the community takes a stance and shuns his intolerant opinions. The man is no longer working as a teacher. I'd say the community and majority level-headed views won out. End of story.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15355 posts
390 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
DiceMan wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:36 am
So from what I read in the article a teacher gets a hate letter against gays published. The rest of the community takes a stance and shuns his intolerant opinions. The man is no longer working as a teacher. I'd say the community and majority level-headed views won out. End of story.
+1