Off Topic

California school paper publishes paper saying gays deserve to die

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2017 6:10 pm
Oct 14, 2005
661 posts
35 upvotes
I read the letter. It quote a Bible passage and doesn't say homos deserve to die.
Last edited by Diafel on May 19th, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4455 posts
1439 upvotes
Diafel wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:04 pm
I read the letter. It quote a Bible passage and doesn't say homos deserve to die.
Uh oh. You had best duck.

It's funny how people support free speech until somebody says something they don't agree with or, in this case, doesn't actually say something.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5664 posts
220 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:36 am
So from what I read in the article a teacher gets a hate letter against gays published. The rest of the community takes a stance and shuns his intolerant opinions. The man is no longer working as a teacher. I'd say the community and majority level-headed views won out. End of story.
Western society wins again!

The Marxists will want monetary compensation and new laws to prevent the letter from being published in the first place.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3775 posts
452 upvotes
Aurora
hugh_da_man wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:27 pm

The Marxists will want monetary compensation and new laws to prevent the letter from being published in the first place.
Yes, pretty much this! I really don't know what the OP's angle is on this. No system is flawless but things seem to be working as they should here.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5664 posts
220 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
May 19th, 2017 4:01 pm
Yes, pretty much this! I really don't know what the OP's angle is on this. No system is flawless but things seem to be working as they should here.
OP is an authoritarian. He wants to prevent people from saying or doing "hateful" things.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
15828 posts
1717 upvotes
Montreal
hugh_da_man wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:27 pm

Ahhh... ahhhh. You have the right to opinions, and express said opinions no matter how hateful. However, once you have done so, expect to be treated in consequence. I will defend your right to spout hate speech, but I won't say anything if people spit on you and burn you in effigy. Can't have it both ways.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
2364 posts
826 upvotes
CardinalComb wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:47 am
Lol wut? That last sentence makes no sense. Why does the bible even need to be brought up?
Because God created the heaven and the earth as well as the gays and the non-gays.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3800 posts
938 upvotes
It does says in the 1st chapter of Romans that men who have sex with men are worthy of death.

Indeed, to God homosexuality is something abominable and detestable.

But the nuance that people have missed is that everyone is worthy of death because everyone is mired in depravity and sin.

It is only the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross that can redeem and save sinners from their sin.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!