Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7189 posts
239 upvotes

Call Of Duty: WW2

https://www.callofduty.com/ca/en/wwii

https://www.callofduty.com/ca/en/wwii/multiplayer

Weapons

They are going back to their roots!. Cant wait for this.

Reveal trailer + E3 Multiplayer Trailer

WAR MODE

War is an all-new game mode where players must work as a team to defeat the enemy. This narrative-driven Multiplayer experience immerses players in iconic World War II battles. Allied and Axis forces clash in team-driven assault and defend missions for key strategic objectives.

DIVISIONS

Divisions fundamentally redefines how players invest in their Multiplayer career. Reimaging the create-a-class system, players choose from five iconic World War II divisions each with specific basic combat training, division training and weapon skills. This streamlined approach to Multiplayer gives players the ability to reinforce their individual play styles while dominating the enemy in the world’s greatest conflict.
Last edited by kevindurant1 on Apr 23rd, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
118 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1414 posts
321 upvotes
Happy to go back to the WW2 setting... but still wish we'd see a proper open world type game in a WW2 setting. We'll no doubt see a lot of WW2 games in the next few years as EA/Activision/Ubisoft pile in with the fan momentum so hopefully they're not all linear 5-6 hour campaigns.

The Sabouteur was a great, overlooked game.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1769 posts
408 upvotes
Unionville, ON
WWII was so done to the death over a decade ago.

We actually had more WWII games in many more years than the actual war was fought!!

That said, I want to see WWII from the side of the "villains" so to speak. Play as a Japanese soldier, or as a German soldier who was pushed to the front or face ridicule or arrested if they didn't at home. Not every single soldier on the "evil" side was truly evil. You have to remember to the victor goes the spoils and the history books. Propaganda plays a big part in how people perceived others where there was a lack of understanding, especially in the late 1930s and early 1940s. No internet, no Google, no social media. You couldn't instantly look up someone from the other side of the world.

The "good guy" side has been done to death and back, it's time they changed it up?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9820 posts
880 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 10:56 pm

We actually had more WWII games in many more years than the actual war was fought!!

That said, I want to see WWII from the side of the "villains" so to speak. Play as a Japanese soldier, or as a German soldier who was pushed to the front or face ridicule or arrested if they didn't at home. Not every single soldier on the "evil" side was truly evil. You have to remember to the victor goes the spoils and the history books. Propaganda plays a big part in how people perceived others where there was a lack of understanding, especially in the late 1930s and early 1940s. No internet, no Google, no social media. You couldn't instantly look up someone from the other side of the world.

The "good guy" side has been done to death and back, it's time they changed it up?
I agree... I remember when World at War came out and the single biggest complaint was there was too many WWII games. Instead of just giving what the masses want, I wish someone at Treyarch, IW, or Sledgehammer had the balls and vision to come up with the next ground breaking game. Like how West and Zampella fought with Activision to make Modern Warfare. Activision just wanted more WWII while the founders of IW had much bigger vision for COD. I read an article on why Treyarch made WaW instead of any other setting. It was because Activision suits were convinced that Modern Warfare would fail. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

For me, the time period isn't such a big deal. Though if I had the choice, I would pick current time frame. The things I would like to see in no particular order for COD:WWII:

1) Free map packs. Stop splitting up the community. The game will have better longevity with the community as a whole.

2) Stronger Kill/Point Streak rewards. Now most people probably don't like this, but I'm a guy who averages 2+ K/D and capable of getting high kill streaks often. It sucks when I have to earn roughly 10+ kills to get something kills 1 person on the other team.

3) Get rid of special abilities. I don't like rewarding for being bad at the game. Death streaks sucked and so does earning special abilities for just being in the game for a certain amount of time. I hate those mini turrets.

4) Better drops and drop rates for Care Packages. Care Packages aren't going away, but I hate how it's filled with so much junk, that it's really difficult to get anything good even after opening hundreds of them. I have reached level 5 prestige and I only have 4 Epic weapons. 1 that I earned enough salvage to buy and 2 that came from Epic Care Packages from special events. So that leaves 1 random Epic weapon in 5 prestiges that I got from a rare care package (added salt... worse Epic in the game). The salvage system is better than the BO3, but far from good.

5) Complete game at launch. I don't want to see "Coming soon" in any part of the game.

6) More realism/gore.

7) More dedicated servers. When I get lag, it's rage inducing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5255 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
JKKim2983 wrote:

Have you ever read the book All Quiet on The Western Front? You would probably enjoy it
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7189 posts
239 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote:

WW2 is very VAST and has alot to offer.

World At War is the best COD game imo. Probably my favourite first person shooter of all time. The depth of it was just untouchable. From the single player to multiplayer. Plus zombies. It was very fun.

This time they can touch on Bataan death march, Holocaust or maybe the trains. The resistance(ie. french). Spies games. Submarines. Its really a massive part of human history so they have TONS of options. And thats only for the single player.

BF1 multiplayer is like the modern version of WaW with battlefield mechanics. You wouldnt even tell the difference if they change that theme to WW2.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4887 posts
1726 upvotes
Infinite Warfare was the first COD game I skipped since I starting gaming (MW3 was my first) and went with BF1. I can't say I've missed COD but I do prefer that faster pace. I'll likely pick up COD this year though.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4789 posts
617 upvotes
calgary
Call of Duty 2 was such a great game back in the day, the multiplayer was a lot of fun with the bolt action rifles except it never worked very well on Xbox 360.

I never really enjoyed CoD3 or WaW however, the former I found was too large and wasnt very well balanced and the latter felt like a cheap knock off of the MW games and neither of those games single players even came close to what was achieved in CoD2 (I dont think I ended up beating either of them).

I'll be keeping an eye on this one, personally Im exciting about a return to this era with modern day graphics.
Sep 21, 2004
8836 posts
2380 upvotes
Calgary
I've been a huge COD fan since the first one on PC, and stopped after BO2. The trailer really added nothing new. Sure, the visual looks great, but we've seen the story 100 times, and you can't top the story of Band of Brothers.

I wish this game has more black ops in WW2 setting. That'd be fun.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5959 posts
1678 upvotes
Canada
Someone call me when they go to dedicated servers and more than 6v6.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5959 posts
1678 upvotes
Canada
They want to make some money?

Remaster BO2 for PS4 with improved netcode... instant chart toper.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7189 posts
239 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 5:51 pm
I've been a huge COD fan since the first one on PC, and stopped after BO2. The trailer really added nothing new. Sure, the visual looks great, but we've seen the story 100 times, and you can't top the story of Band of Brothers.

That means you are a fan of Treyarch and Infinity Ward(original ones which is now respawn). WaW, Black Ops were both made by Treyarch. This is going to be made by Sledgehammer.

Expect a similar game to COD: Advance Warfare but WW2 setting. IMO they are very good with single player but weaker on the multiplayer side. Their map creation is inferior to Treyarch and original IW.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5926 posts
773 upvotes
Grimsby
b166er1337 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 5:51 pm

Agreed. They need to do what Ubisoft is doing with Assassin's Creed right now. Let the team take a few years off to re-imagine things. Too bad it's Activision and they need CoD to survive like we need oxygen.
Sep 21, 2004
8836 posts
2380 upvotes
Calgary
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 7:09 pm
That means you are a fan of Treyarch and Infinity Ward(original ones which is now respawn). WaW, Black Ops were both made by Treyarch. This is going to be made by Sledgehammer.

Expect a similar game to COD: Advance Warfare but WW2 setting. IMO they are very good with single player but weaker on the multiplayer side. Their map creation is inferior to Treyarch and original IW.
My favorites are actually the earlier CoD as well as MW2 & BO1. Back then our PS3 clan were kicking everyone ass in MP.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain