• Nov 15th, 2017 11:30 am
Tags:
Feb 10, 2010
740 posts
233 upvotes
Ajax, ON
gatorb6 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 1:09 pm
Do you mean that floating text at the top left when you are in Headquarters? There's this bullet todo list that you have to do while in headquarters that will give you a 750xp bonus. Things like doing the scorestreak training, checking email etc. There's one that I saw "salute a comrade" which you can't even do now because the Headquarters are empty, LOL. Hopefully they can get their servers working properly, and the headquarter area will actually be full of people rather than you being totally alone.
Now I underestand...Thank You!! The 750XP is the reward when you do all the "To do list" at the HQ. Silly me.

Btw the HQ was full of people last Friday and Sunday night. I did the " commend a fellow soldier" playing with one of my friends last night...both of us were in the HQ and we just salute each other and task was done.
Sep 21, 2004
8836 posts
2380 upvotes
Calgary
woppaF5 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 1:09 pm
Can I still use a rifle in those divisions?
Yes. You can use any weapon with any division; it's just the perks may be restricted to certain guns (rifle bayonet w/ infantry, SMG silencer w/ Paratrooper etc.)
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
Playing the campaign right now and it's enjoyable but also kind of technically jarring playing this right after Wolfenstein 2. The character models and animations are great but the scenery and gameplay look and feel incredibly outdated in comparison. There's absolutely no weight or "oomph" in the gun mechanics like there is in Wolfenstein 2 or even BF1. I guess there's no reason to update this engine when they're making hundreds of millions of dollars regardless but it feels like I went back in time 10 years when I started this game. Maybe some of the later missions will be more impressive but so far this isn't the modernized WWII game I was hoping it would be.
Apr 8, 2005
762 posts
399 upvotes
I'm playing through the campaign as well, and even on normal, am surprised how many shots it takes to kill the average enemy - seems like 5 to 6 bullets to the body/limbs. Many times, I'll see the guy go down, only to have him pelting me again when he gets up again, and again. I also find it quite tricky to see the enemies against the background; maybe that's realistic, I wouldn't know, but has resulted in a few reloads.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16614 posts
1033 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I find the game meh. I pretty much only play multiplayer with my buddies so it's great getting then all back online. I'm certainly happier with the direction of this game compared to the last few COD's but I find it suffers massively from lag. Some games in untouchable, other games I'm 3 and 20 because guys with heavy machine guns are able to hop fire quicker than I can my run and gun class. They are shooting directly at me running around the corner.

Considering the amount of money these games make all of the mp play should be hosted on thier own servers.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 3:05 pm
Considering the amount of money these games make all of the mp play should be hosted on thier own servers.
That and people are also paying an annual fee for multiplayer access on consoles where this game is most popular. Laggy P2P in that context is inexcusable.
Feb 10, 2010
740 posts
233 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Mykolas wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 2:46 pm
I'm playing through the campaign as well, and even on normal, am surprised how many shots it takes to kill the average enemy - seems like 5 to 6 bullets to the body/limbs.
This is the main problem I found in the multiplayer, is like my bullets are made of butter and if I attach the supressor is like having a blank cartridge. This is why now I only play in Hardcore mode.
Dec 1, 2011
214 posts
26 upvotes
I have been enjoying the mp and zombies but am not overly impressed with the campaign. Seems pretty meh especially after playing through a game like Wolfenstein.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3185 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
I just finished the campaign on Saturday (coincidentally, Remembrance Day), and it's basically a mix of Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Inglorious Basterds, and Fury. Except more boring versions of them. I'm almost level 20 in MP and I'm ready to bounce off that too.

Thankfully EB is giving $50 TIV for this til Friday... Can't wait to trade this in.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
Finished the campaign last night as well and i'd give it a 7/10. It was enjoyable and had some very cool moments like the Church collapse and train crash but it was overall kind of meh and anticlimactic. The vehicle missions were god awful and I have no idea how those made it past a QA team. I guess most people buy this for multiplayer but nothing about these dated mechanics and visuals make me feel like multiplayer would be worthwhile and people seem to be getting bored of it fast from what I've read online
Dec 1, 2011
214 posts
26 upvotes
I think 7/10 is generous tbh.
I just kept waiting and waiting and waiting for things to pick up and all of a sudden it was just done. No excitement, no climax, just meh.

I will also be trading this in
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5957 posts
1676 upvotes
Canada
I cancelled this at the last minute. Honestly, BF1 is so much more advanced ... I just failed to see the point in purchasing this.

I had fun during the short beta .. .but small teams, small maps, meh. I really haven't enjoyed CoD since Bo2.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
daner90 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:57 pm
I think 7/10 is generous tbh.
I just kept waiting and waiting and waiting for things to pick up and all of a sudden it was just done. No excitement, no climax, just meh.

I will also be trading this in
Ya I don't really disagree with you. I just scored it that way because the production values were high as usual and I found the gameplay overall enjoyable despite the lack of remarkable moments. It fell flat for being COD's big return to WWII and this series is in dire need of a technical upgrade imo but as long as it stays successful I guess they won't fix what ain't broke.
Sep 21, 2004
8836 posts
2380 upvotes
Calgary
raspeed wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 6:44 pm
I cancelled this at the last minute. Honestly, BF1 is so much more advanced ... I just failed to see the point in purchasing this.

I had fun during the short beta .. .but small teams, small maps, meh. I really haven't enjoyed CoD since Bo2.
It really depends on the playing styles. Operations at BF1 is ridiculously fun but it's massive, whereas War in WW2 is similar but squad based and feels more intimate. Both modes are great and often comes down to the last second. I'm more of COD player than BF so this game's MP suits me better.

As for SP, I agree it's like the best hits collection from Saving Private Ryan, BOB with a dash of Inglorious Bastards. Pretty well done but gets repetitive at times.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain