• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2010 9:10 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 10, 2003
760 posts
7 upvotes

Caller ID Call Display?

I am trying to figure out if i actually need caller ID for my cellphone plan.

If I don't have caller ID on my cellphone how will calls look when they show up on my phone? Unknown name? Private Caller? Or just the number with no name?

If I have a person on my contact list will it always show their name when they call regardless if i have caller ID or not? Basically I dont care to know the name of random people who call me. I just want to know if someone I know is calling me or called me when I was away from the phone.
4 replies
Aug 25, 2004
621 posts
1 upvote
AlexElder wrote:
Feb 26th, 2010 3:12 pm

If I don't have caller ID on my cellphone how will calls look when they show up on my phone? Unknown name? Private Caller? Or just the number with no name?

If I have a person on my contact list will it always show their name when they call regardless if i have caller ID or not? Basically I dont care to know the name of random people who call me. I just want to know if someone I know is calling me or called me when I was away from the phone.

it will just show up as unknown name doesnt matter if they are in your contact list or not.
Mar 25, 2006
241 posts
8 upvotes
Somewhere
it won't even show the number if you don't subscribe to call display. This has got to be the biggest rip off the providers have going, as they know that not many people are ok with the "unknown" showing up on every call.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
8974 posts
237 upvotes
AlexElder wrote:
Feb 26th, 2010 3:12 pm

There's a difference between caller id and name display.
Caller ID displays the number of the caller (and if you have them on your contacts it'll show their name).
Name display also displays the name of callers not in your contact list (like what is listed in the phone book).
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
2921 posts
76 upvotes
rems wrote:
Apr 6th, 2010 6:17 pm
There's a difference between caller id and name display.
Caller ID displays the number of the caller (and if you have them on your contacts it'll show their name).
Name display also displays the name of callers not in your contact list (like what is listed in the phone book).
+1 but the service that Bell and Rogers have now is called "Call Display" which takes first part of "Caller ID" and the last part of "Call Display" and smash it together :)
My Feedbacks: My Heatware Ebay
× < >