calling Uber to Pearson airport

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2017 1:13 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2008
507 posts
4 upvotes

calling Uber to Pearson airport

hi I live in York region, i never called Uber. Have a family of 4 .(two kids 7 and 9 yrs old )

How was your experience calling Uber , how much it will likely be from York region to airport ?

Thanks
TC
7 replies
Mar 24, 2003
389 posts
19 upvotes
You can easily just punch in "pearson airport" to get a estimate of your trip. Note if you're going during busy hours it could be slightly more expensive.

My brother lives in YR and finds some of the airport car services to be cheaper (at times). You can find some of them here on rfd, if you do a search.

Note, i don't think uber picks up from the airport, so a little trick is to punch in your pick-up location as Alt Hotel (which is basically connected to the airport..just a short walk). You'd have to ask someone at the airport to direct you to the hotel, or follow the signs when you land back at yyz.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15825 posts
1782 upvotes
love0715 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 11:11 am
hi I live in York region, i never called Uber. Have a family of 4 .(two kids 7 and 9 yrs old )

How was your experience calling Uber , how much it will likely be from York region to airport ?
Standard Uber will be too small for a family of 4 - likely a compact car will pick you up.

You should call a Uber XL/Black car, but at those prices, you might as well get an Airport Limo.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15825 posts
1782 upvotes
love0715 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 2:10 pm
in my case, SUV is big enough.
With UberX, there is no guarantee it will be a SUV, most are driving Carolla/Civic sized cars. It'll be a tight squeeze with luggage.

SUV sized cars are Uber XL and Uber Black/UberSUV, but it's much more expensive, at which point an Airport Limo is basically the same price. Airport Limos give a discount TO the airport because the rate is unregulated.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2008
507 posts
4 upvotes
hi again, how easy is it to deal with Uber driver personally? ....you know if i am happy with his service once he drove me to airport, and i want him to pick me up after trip (think of it , just like family member do dropoff or pickup )
[OP]
Nov 25, 2008
507 posts
4 upvotes
More questions , if someone can let me know your experience :

1 how early can i book uber (my ride to airport is next sat )?

2 how easy is it to ask the uber driver in advance some questions ?

3 how to obtain reviews of that driver?

4 Do you usually tip the driver?
Apr 10, 2013
99 posts
6 upvotes
love0715 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 11:41 am
More questions , if someone can let me know your experience :

1 how early can i book uber (my ride to airport is next sat )?

2 how easy is it to ask the uber driver in advance some questions ?

3 how to obtain reviews of that driver?

4 Do you usually tip the driver?
Have you ever used Uber at all?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel