• Dec 5th, 2017 11:03 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17842 posts
214 upvotes
YVR

Which camera bag for my Fujifilm X-T2?

I'm not looking for the typical camera bag where one can stuff multiple accessories and lenses with the camera. I'm looking for something more like a sleeve than anything. I want something that can hold up to a Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF 55-200mm lens attached. I intend to put this inside my North Face backpack. The purpose of this bag or sleeve is to protect it from minor scratches. Any suggestions?
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6849 posts
1002 upvotes
I have a few, varies size, brands for different purposes. They are the only thing I use mostly, instead of a traditional camera bag type. I like that an insert in a normal looking bag is more discrete and doesn't say expensive equipment inside when I am travelling. They are also more versatile, since you can take the insert into different bags. ie. You can use them in the backpack when you are travelling but once you have arrived, then may be you just want to take a smaller messenger bag to go to dinner and you can just stuff the insert into that again. Also, since you transfer the insert as whole back and fore, you are much less likely to lose or forget any individual content.

Anyway, I suggest bring your bag and camera to a store that carry inserts and see how they will work for you. Most of the inserts are made by traditional camera bag makers so they seem to know what they are doing and prices vs quality seems to fall right inline with camera bags counterpart.

and is the one thing I use mostly for my cameras.
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 12:33 am
That's awesome! Do you have one yourself?
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17842 posts
214 upvotes
YVR
hdom wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 12:58 am
I have a few, varies size, brands for different purposes. They are the only thing I use mostly, instead of a traditional camera bag type. I like that an insert in a normal looking bag is more discrete and doesn't say expensive equipment inside when I am travelling. They are also more versatile, since you can take the insert into different bags. ie. You can use them in the backpack when you are travelling but once you have arrived, then may be you just want to take a smaller messenger bag to go to dinner and you can just stuff the insert into that again. Also, since you transfer the insert as whole back and fore, you are much less likely to lose or forget any individual content.

Anyway, I suggest bring your bag and camera to a store that carry inserts and see how they will work for you. Most of the inserts are made by traditional camera bag makers so they seem to know what they are doing and prices vs quality seems to fall right inline with camera bags counterpart.

and is the one thing I use mostly for my cameras.
I thought you were in a better position to guide me to the right size insert. I guess I can bring my camera and lens to a store. That's always the easiest route, but I need to find a store in Vancouver that carries them.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6849 posts
1002 upvotes
Narrow down to what you want the insert to hold and go to the manufacturer's site to see what may work, if there is no store near you that carries them.
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 2:32 am
I thought you were in a better position to guide me to the right size insert. I guess I can bring my camera and lens to a store. That's always the easiest route, but I need to find a store in Vancouver that carries them.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3226 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
I use the Lowepro Passport Sling for my XT1. It might look odd, but it comfortably carries my camera, plus 2 lenses, batteries, etc without being cumbersome. When travelling, I've used it to carry my mirrorless, plus an extra film camera + prime lens and extra film as well.

It's $35 USD at B&H right now

**EDIT - my bad, I just saw that you were looking for a sleeve but I have used this in a scenario where I put it in another bag **
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9980 posts
4293 upvotes
Southern Ontario
These are on eBay in various sizes with dividers, zippered lid or conical string tie. If you buy brand name like Tenba, they’re expensive and well made.
The eBay versions are $15-40 depending on size, work just as well.

I have a couple I move around into empty messenger bags, one that’s vintage leather turning it into a pseudo ONA bag (I also have one of those, overpaid).

I’ll sometimes put a divider insert into a regular backpack over top of extra clothes when on vacation, for a day outing, instead of using my Lowepro 400.