[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2025 posts
68 upvotes
Niagara area

Camera Gurus what do you think

I have decided to retire my trusty Olympus D490 2.1 mp

Don't laugh it has served me well picture quality has always been excellent and as I don't print a lot of pictures larger than 5x7 the limited MP has not been a big problem.

I am leaning strongly toward the Canon A570. Will be in the US and Best Buy etc sell for $200.00. Online is better but no address in US is a hassle.

Gurus what are your thoughts on this camera, and suggestions for others in the same price range that might be considered better?

P.S. Call me old fashioned but I still want a camera that takes AA batteries that you can recharge or buy anywhere for next to nothing.
6 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
check out dpreview.com for reviews. or anywhere on the net for that matter.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2005
1974 posts
190 upvotes
You can't go wrong with the A570. It's the best in the price range if you don't find it too thick....imho. You get image stabilization, great image quality, and all the manual controls you would want. (very powerful customization) I've had my Canon A70 for many years and am a Canon fan.
Audio & HT Enthusiast :cheesygri
Bose Secrets: Click HERE! :o
Zoom-Zoom! (MX-5 FTW!) :D
Canon Rebel XSI pics!

Canon 40D pics!
I started using the Mr. Sparkle avatar first! Others stole it from me. :lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2025 posts
68 upvotes
Niagara area
CSAgent wrote:
Oct 12th, 2007 1:31 pm
check out dpreview.com for reviews. or anywhere on the net for that matter.
Thanks Been there done that. Thats how I came up with the A570. Looking for deeper info from those that really know and actual owners
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1348 posts
42 upvotes
Anything Canon is safe and anything not Olympus 2.1 megapixels is safe. I can't think of anything Canon that is over valued beyond it's class.
Banned
Mar 27, 2007
1658 posts
Markham, Toronto
get the SD family more slim, more portable.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29677 posts
1153 upvotes
Fernando Po
What do I think? I think people should start posting camera questions in the photography forum.