• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 4:33 pm
Oct 18, 2004
253 posts
76 upvotes
Windsor
phuviano wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:31 am
I have a lowe pro fast pack 250 AW. There's newer version of this bag now (fast pack AW II). It fits a 15" laptop, a few lens, and camera. Very similar to the original bag you posted, but the lowe pro has a sling style side access to the camera, this way you don't actually have to take the bag off to access it.

It'll definitely fit under any airplane seat. I've owned this bag for several years now. I've travelled with it many times, its a close fit for some airplanes, but I've never had problems on any flight. I would say i've taken this my lowe pro bag on 20+ flights.

Also, depending on the size of your laptop, you can opt for the lowe pro fastpack 150, which is smaller than the 250 version. I have a 15" laptop, so the 250 version works for me.
I've had the pleasure of shouldering one for a band trip in Gaspé region of Québec about 10 years ago. Can't say much about whether it was 150 or 250, as it wasn't mine, but the built-in rain cover was invaluable. Lets just say that not every gîte (no more than a converted ice fishing hut)) was modernized against the ever constant dew and fog of the St. Lawrence estuary.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3110 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up the a Peak Design 20L Everydsy Backpack.

I chose the new black "murdered out" color theme, since we'll, everyone that sees Peak Design knows there's a camera inside.

I liked the new inconscipucous look of it and was impressed it can safely hold a 15" MacBook Pro and 10.5" iPad Pro.

Plus theres tons of clever hidden latches and straps to carry tripods, drones, sleeping bag and so forth.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3547 posts
307 upvotes
^ if someone is savvy enough to know peak design, they also know manfrotto, lowepro etc. so moot point imo

I have the 30L everyday backpack...it looks a bit ridiculous on a small guy like me but it hauls everything I could ever need for the day....just got back climbing a 13500ft mountain with it

it fits under an airplane seat but it'll be tight...the 20L is more reasonable if you travel lighter
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Jul 12, 2016
112 posts
26 upvotes
I would recommend, camera Shockproof Backpack DSLR Hiking Camera Bag Waterproof for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Samsung, Panasonic, Pentax Cameras and Other Accessories.

This is a good alternative to my purse-style bag - and I actually prefer carrying my equipment this way. First, I have more room than my other bag - and compartments for my camera & all my lenses. Space for everything needed for an outdoor shoot. This style bag is easier on my back, and I like the waterproof cover in case of rain (which can happen frequently on outdoor shoots.)
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3110 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
twitchyzero wrote:
Feb 20th, 2018 6:38 pm
^ if someone is savvy enough to know peak design, they also know manfrotto, lowepro etc. so moot point imo

I have the 30L everyday backpack...it looks a bit ridiculous on a small guy like me but it hauls everything I could ever need for the day....just got back climbing a 13500ft mountain with it

it fits under an airplane seat but it'll be tight...the 20L is more reasonable if you travel lighter
I agree, but I feel the black version looks quite inconspicuous especially with no recognizable branding.
peak_design_bb_20_bk_1_everyday_backpack_20l_black_1363561.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3336 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
It really depends on your price range. I have/had alot of camera bags including the peak design (30L) but the only bag i'm satisfy with is the billingham (currently using the hadley small). If you dont mind the $$$ tag, the hadley pro would work really well. I'm really surprised even with the hadley small, you can fit so much damn stuff in the tiny bags while offering so much protection.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3110 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
MoonDoggy wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 1:26 pm
It really depends on your price range. I have/had alot of camera bags including the peak design (30L) but the only bag i'm satisfy with is the billingham (currently using the hadley small). If you dont mind the $$$ tag, the hadley pro would work really well. I'm really surprised even with the hadley small, you can fit so much damn stuff in the tiny bags while offering so much protection.
Damn, and I thought Peak Design was pricey lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3336 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 21st, 2018 3:00 pm
Damn, and I thought Peak Design was pricey lol.
Lol yup. Billingham doesn't come cheap. I think only Ona matches the price but Ona is more form over function. Billingham also makes the official Leica bag