Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 29, 2005
969 posts
45 upvotes
inzite wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2009 5:49 pm
:P unless u need the Aperture priority mode on the m7, i think ur m6 is probably better camera :P at least all the shutter speeds work without battery:P
Yeh, that's a good point. I'm going to wait till my M9 arrives. The one thing I'm going to do is change my order from black to titanium...
[OP]
Oct 29, 2005
969 posts
45 upvotes
googoo wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2009 4:28 pm
You have WAY too much money :)

I didn't see much at Vistek yesterday, pretty annoyed actually couldn't even find the umbrella I wanted.

Brent
I bought an Elinchrom ranger kit (/w 2 heads) and some random odds and ends. I need it for a gig I landed last week
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
3770 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
onecoolloser wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2009 5:28 pm
Offtopic - but what's so special about the Leica "rangefinders" and how it dif from a dslr?
Leica rangefinders: legendary cameras made by a German camera company since the 1930s. They basically invented 35mm still photography. Cameras are known for extreme reliability and rugged construction, though with no frills. Lenses are top notch. Top choice of reporters and street photographers for many years. Rangefinder focussing uses overlapping images in the viewfinder to achieve focus (rather than finding a crisp image on a focussing screen, as in an SLR).

Note that Leica has only a few digital cameras out (most of which are re-labelled Panasonic models). When people refer to Leica rangefinders they are usually talking about 35mm film cameras from the 1950s-1970s. For a classic model in good condition, with 35mm f/2.8 lens you're usually looking at $1,000 minimum. The sought-after lenses will easily go for $1,000 themselves.

That's the 30-second summary.