[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3442 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
ritz1010 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2018 5:15 pm
I use the DIY paracord wrist strap for my Mirrorless cams. Under $5......economical (not cheap) , does the job like any other strap.
I was considering just making a DIY paracord wrist strap for fun too... Maybe for my film cameras. How long did it take you to make it?
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4769 posts
58 upvotes
Local
Started off with the oem strap. Went with peak design slide afterwards. It's good when you are using one camera body only and you can easily pass along the camera to others to snap photos as well. If I'm wearing a backpack or sling bag then I find a camera strap gets in the way and is a bit cumbersome as they can get in the way of each other. So with a backpack/sling I use capture clip style mount.
Aug 6, 2017
60 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
john widow wrote: Started off with the oem strap. Went with peak design slide afterwards. It's good when you are using one camera body only and you can easily pass along the camera to others to snap photos as well. If I'm wearing a backpack or sling bag then I find a camera strap gets in the way and is a bit cumbersome as they can get in the way of each other. So with a backpack/sling I use capture clip style mount.
+1 on the peak design slide.

I bought that a number of years ago when it was it was initially on kickstarter and its still going strong.

I just bought the peak design clip and it is compatible with the slides base that it came with. It can clip onto my backpack strap and even my belt which takes the load off my neck.

If I had to pick one, I would recommend keeping the oem strap and buying the clip. When the camera isn't on your neck, it can be attached to your hip or chest.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
I find the Peak Design Wrist Strap much better for using it with Mirrorless Bodies.

With the anchor system, its easy to detach and it has a magnet in the strap that you can wrap around your wrist like a bracelet.
Dec 3, 2008
368 posts
34 upvotes
ritz1010 wrote:
May 1st, 2018 8:36 pm
here's how it looks
IMG_7621.jpg
Looks great! I will have to give that a shot as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3442 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
Just grabbed a Peak Design Leash for my Fuji and it's great so far. It also comes with 4 anchors and a baseplate so you can switch it out across multiple cameras, which is a nice touch.

A lot of people online have been saying that they needed to remove the inner metal ring from the eyelets to use the Peak Design anchors, but the V2 anchors actually fit without modification... Just gotta use dental floss to pull them through.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3442 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
ritz1010 wrote:
May 1st, 2018 8:36 pm
here's how it looks
IMG_7621.jpg
Thanks for this... I think you've inspired a bunch of us to get crafty Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Aug 3, 2011
815 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
I tend to save $$ and spend on lenses. Could never justify spending too much on straps but yes if need be using more that one cam at same time....I’d go for the peak.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3938 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
ritz1010 wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 11:20 am
I tend to save $$ and spend on lenses. Could never justify spending too much on straps but yes if need be using more that one cam at same time....I’d go for the peak.
Peak Design offers a lifetime warranty, when one of my anchors started fraying they replaced the entire strap.
Aug 3, 2011
815 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
Did not kwow that. Now it makes me a bit interested......where do I buy it ?
Amazon ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3442 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
ritz1010 wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 1:40 pm
Did not kwow that. Now it makes me a bit interested......where do I buy it ?
Amazon ?
Any camera store really. When I checked Amazon they only had them from resellers in the colour I wanted (ash grey)... just make sure if you're buying online that you get the newer versions, with the new anchors not the old ones...

It's too bad they don't sell the strap attachment point that attaches to the anchor by itself. Would be cool to make my own paracord handstrap that I can just attach to a Peak anchor

Aug 3, 2011
815 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
^^^this I like....... nice.
@M1GOmigs......great idea

$30 at Henry's