• Sep 16th, 2008 4:55 am
Tags:
None
Jan 27, 2002
116 posts
3 upvotes
SENSEI wrote:
Sep 13th, 2008 8:14 pm
Best bet is to take a long prime. I've put a 30mm 1.4 on the body and hidden a longer prime in my pocket or on the bottom of the camera bag and walked in without problems. A tele-zoom may be harder to get.

I guess it'll depend...you can take shots with a zoom if you're able to get it in, but may be asked to put the camera away, then the ushers will be eyeing you like hawks for the rest of the game... :)
This is what I did at Rogers Centre. EFS 10-22 on my XTi which the security guard saw and then a 70-200 f/4 IS hidden in a Lowepro Lens Case 2 at the bottom of my bag. Only after I was seated I switched the 10-22 with the 70-200 and shot quick bursts before hiding the camera in my bag.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
I brought in a 70-200mm F2.8L IS to the Rogers Centre no problem, I was in the 100s near the home plate. The police security even checked my bag at the gate, commented on how far I must be able to see with the lens and what it must have cost. He then smiled and said "enjoy the game, get some great shots ok?"

I had the lens out in plain sight in front of the ushers with no problem. This was back in mid-August when the Tamba Bay Rays were in town.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
3363 posts
23 upvotes
^ damn! I want that lens.. I have no telephoto right now and still debating/saving/paying off OSAP.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21267 posts
2088 upvotes
How are you guys smuggling the lenses into the ACC? I guess I could stick it in my pocket but..you know..."is that a tele-lens in your pocket; or..." :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
3363 posts
23 upvotes
Excited to see you? Don't underestimate me!! :twisted:
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1012 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
For the NBA, there is no restrictions on lenses. I've brought both a 70-200 2.8, and a 300 2.8 in.

For the NHL, you're limited to a focal length of 70mm or under.

For concerts, and other shows, it all depends on who's running it. For Walking with Dinosaurs, there were DSLRs everywhere. For other concerts, there has been barely any.

Look up the ticket policies prior to the event.

And for those wondering about the Rogers Centre, there is no limit on focal lengths, as long as it doesn't interfere with those around you.