Shopping Discussion

Can Best Buy Gift Cards be used at Futureshop Stores?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2013 8:26 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 24, 2007
72 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto

Can Best Buy Gift Cards be used at Futureshop Stores?

I went on the futureshop website, typed in my bestbuy gift card and proceeded to checkout. The value of my gift card appeared and it looks like it can work. Can anyone verify this? Thanks a lot.
118 replies
[OP]
Dec 24, 2007
72 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
The thing is i can finish the entire checkout process and my Best buy gift card works. But if i type in my futureshop gift card number on bestbuy's website it doesn't work. I just want to know because i am ordering something and i want to use the pickup option. When i present my best buy gift card i'm afraid they won't accept it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7793 posts
3665 upvotes
I am 99.9% sure you cant .. used to work at FS!

WHY?

When BB doesnt PM FS with the additional 10% off, many people pull off the GC's card .. the fact that you cant use a BB gc at FS and vice versa.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7521 posts
251 upvotes
Brampton
hmm I thought that the cards can work on each others website but not instore.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2007
72 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote:
Mar 11th, 2008 2:56 am
That's my understanding too
You can use BB gift card on Futureshop.ca, and FS gift card on BestBuy.ca

I have used them both ways
For some reason i can only use best buy gift cards on futureshop's website but not the other way around.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2020 posts
56 upvotes
Alan94313 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2008 1:49 pm
For some reason i can only use best buy gift cards on futureshop's website but not the other way around.
I've also used a BB gift card on FS.ca

Never tried FS gift card on BB.ca though...
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1374 upvotes
Kanata
Has anyone used a Best Buy GC to buy something in-store at Future Shop?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
18366 posts
2400 upvotes
Waterloo
Captain Snazzypants wrote:
Mar 15th, 2008 3:22 am
Has anyone used a Best Buy GC to buy something in-store at Future Shop?
It doesn't work in store, they'd tell you they are different stores

you're welcome to try and report back to us please
Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
116 upvotes
This brings up another discussion. I see a lot of people who complain that Future Shop won't price match Best Buy and they argue that they should because they are seperate companies yet they then expect them to accept each others gift cards because they're the "same company".(This is not an attack or in direct reference to the OP.) Does anyone else think it's kind of hypocritical for people to think this way? It seems they want the best of both worlds but aren't willing to accept any of the downfalls. I see it more and more everyday.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
38142 posts
938 upvotes
Richmond Hill
spf1971 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2008 12:36 pm
This brings up another discussion. I see a lot of people who complain that Future Shop won't price match Best Buy and they argue that they should because they are seperate companies yet they then expect them to accept each others gift cards because they're the "same company".(This is not an attack or in direct reference to the OP.) Does anyone else think it's kind of hypocritical for people to think this way? It seems they want the best of both worlds but aren't willing to accept any of the downfalls. I see it more and more everyday.
It is, and it was a classic RFDer comeback for if they deny the reason of the PM because of that reason. I haven't heard much complaint with RFDers with this reason anymore, so maybe they've been smart with not using this reason now :P
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
116 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Mar 15th, 2008 1:35 pm
It is, and it was a classic RFDer comeback for if they deny the reason of the PM because of that reason. I haven't heard much complaint with RFDers with this reason anymore, so maybe they've been smart with not using this reason now :P
Actually my comment was on the customers, although it does work both ways.
Dec 31, 2006
395 posts
80 upvotes
spf1971 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2008 12:36 pm
I thought the complaint was:

The 2 stores won't price match because they say they are the same company. But yet the stores won't let customers use the same card because they say they are not the same company. So it's a double win for the company and a double loss for the shopper. I think people just want the company to pick 1 or the other. Right now, the stores have the best of both worlds.
× < >