Cute does not mean nice....
Yea.. must be watching the cartoon version. :-0
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9821 posts
861 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Fox are prey to small mammals such as rabbits, frogs, squirrels, birds, reptiles, fish, worms, etc. Not exactly great to have around the house... Keep in mind the predators to the fox include man, wolves, bobcats, lynxes, panthers, larger hunting breeds of dogs, bears.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1171 posts
79 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
I'm waiting for rakunks to become available..
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1003 posts
63 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
x95zsk wrote:
Feb 19th, 2014 11:35 am
feed me. but don't expect anything back.
That's pretty much been my experience. I partially tamed a fox 2 years ago at my farm. Took many months of tempting it with food and finally had it eating out of my hand by the end of fall. Hoped it would show up again the next year but no luck. Foxes are still very rare around here. In some ways they combine the best attributes of cat and dog in terms of intelligence, attractiveness and mannerisms but you would have to get one very young to have any chance of domesticating it. BTW, "my" fox didn't (seem to) smell.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6927 posts
949 upvotes
Psubs wrote:
Feb 18th, 2014 1:09 pm
I think we need to consider the other side's opinion. What does the fox say?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8057 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Exotics that are very good as pets:

Bearded dragons.
Ball pythons (I have 6 and all are very very friendly)
Chameleons (iI had a panther chameleon for 5 years, unfortunately he died today but he lived to be 6
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6122 posts
983 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
gheart008 wrote:
May 28th, 2013 3:43 pm
Yup, I also have one. One of the most loyal dogs you can have.
Mine bit like 3 or 4 people before we ended up getting rid of him. Much aggression in him.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1095 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
I was actually looking for a feature on this programme about someone having a fox as a pet but couldn't find it but found this instead (sorry it was too tempting to not post it)
Jul 16, 2013
70 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
foxes and wolves are predatory animals.

Of course there aare exceptions to every thing and there are cases where wolves and foxes have been successfully domesticated. but are you willing to take that chance? If so,, then make sure you seek expert help with training these animals.
Community Manager, Ask For Task
Jun 23, 2017
1 posts
A pet Fennec Fox is legal in Canada

Fennec foxes are known to be relatively friendly companions. Personality-wise, they tend to have the independence of a cat but the energy of a dog. Even though the bulk of their time is spent sleeping, caring for a fennec fox is still very time-consuming and involves a lot of playtime, socialization and feeding. Like dogs, fennec foxes also have a tendency to bark, so they may not be the ideal pet for those living with neighbours nearby.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14710 posts
3776 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
OP already got a fox and it destroyed his house like 5 years ago
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Apr 26, 2017
65 posts
8 upvotes
mdl.tor wrote:
Feb 18th, 2012 7:29 pm
I think you have been watching too many Disney movies.

Have you ever seen a fox in the wild? Their pelts may be beautiful, but they are what I would call a harsh looking and mean animal (one step above a raccoon). They are not meant to be domesticated. They need territory, and they like to kill things.

There are plenty of great choices for pets without having to look for something "different". I know people who have bought large or exotic pets who then discovered the pet is highly active, will damage things in the house, and will generally not be a good domestic pet. They then either get rid of the pet or put it in a cage whenever they are not around (which can be 20 hours a day if they cage it at night too). Sounds like pet hell to me.

If you want to get a pet, go figure out how much time you really want to put in. Not the first week, but every day for the next 10-20 years of your life. Then go visit the shelter often til you find a nice little mutt that actually likes people and is not psychotic (harder to find than you may think). Going to shelters is educational when you see the pets that many people are getting rid of.
you need to calm down. a fox is not a polar bear or something. many ppl own them as pets. do a quick check on youtube. they are smarter than raccoons.
Jul 31, 2008
204 posts
50 upvotes
Markham
anvil01 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 7:24 pm
you need to calm down. a fox is not a polar bear or something. many ppl own them as pets. do a quick check on youtube. they are smarter than raccoons.
Uhhh, are you off your meds? You do realize you necro-bumped a 5+ year old post telling someone to calm down? Is this performance art?