Shopping Discussion

Locked: Can I buy a laptop from costco and return it every 3months?

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2008 11:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1799 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
LonesomeDove wrote:
May 18th, 2008 1:19 am
Anyone remember the episode? The clothing was contaminated with some chemicals, causing death.
i think there was a house episode like that too except the people didnt die (season 1 or 2 i forgot).
Portfolio: AH87 Studios
Nikon D700 | Nikon 80-200mm AF-D f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 | Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8

FS: MINT CONDITION Google Nexus S - $150 OBO
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
I don't mean to change to CSI route this thread has taken but why don't we get back to how the OP is causing us all grief. When I read the title of the post I thought they were joking but the post seems serious. I can't imagine how pathetic someone must be to complain about what is still the most liberal policy in the market. If this is not a joke question then I hope that somewhere in their membership contract Costco has reserved the right to change their policies at anytime so the OP gets stuck with a bunch of stuff that he can't afford. And then all his stuff goes defective.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
855 upvotes
Within their policy = yes you can. What will happen? They will take your laptop back and give you back your money but it will be in Costco's system i assume since Costco tracks everything using the membership card. That means they'll notice a pattern and black list you which pretty much means you won't be able to renew membership there and be on the blacklist of any company that has good relationship with Costco.

I actually like how the changed the policy from life -> 6 month -> 3 month because it prevents people like you from abusing the policy as much. I only wish they were smart enough to implement restocking fee for abuse based on patterns.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2007
1153 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
nigling wrote:
May 17th, 2008 10:21 pm
Sucks how it use to be 6months now its 3months, ohh well.

Do they ask why I'm returning something?
You sir are the kind of individual people despise.

Why would you do such a thing??
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6758 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
nigling wrote:
May 17th, 2008 10:21 pm
Sucks how it use to be 6months now its 3months, ohh well.

Do they ask why I'm returning something?
People like YOU ruin things for everyone else who follow the rules. Take your selfish attitude and narrow minded ways somewhere else.

And on a side note, how have you been on these forums for almost 2 years with a username like that?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nigling
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.